Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much does Elvis affect or influence your life

TCB Mafia

How much does Elvis affect or influence your life

When I was looking at some pics this early morning, I began wondering if I could live my life without Elvis in it.

I must admit I cannot.

Am I an addict or a bit crazy I don't know.

I have to admit he is never out of my toughts and when I have some freetime it is mostly centered around him. Whether it is forum visits or working on my slideshow or discussing his life on chats or reading books, watching DVD and listening volume up to his music.

I even wonder if we "elvisfans" are good wifes (or husbands).

Does our partner never feels fed up with our never ending "elvis lovestory".
    Do they never want to scream when a film is watched for the I do not know how many time...

You know to be honnest I never asked my husband...
    Perhaps I'm a bit afraid of his answer

Would like to know all your views

Riley

How I understand you, Riley!!!

I don't have the problem of a husband now but I wouldn't like to be in his shoes in the future! Poor him...

My life wouldn't be the same without Elvis....I could hardly imagine it without seeing him or listening his music....it would be dark and empty
    Elvis is always present everyday and I like it ....he gives me strengh, joy....he can cheer me up when I'm sad and take company when I feel lonely
    He will always be a part of my life and I'm so happy to have "met" him...we must be proud to love such a beautiful person and great singer.
    He's dead but he's always with us.....I think we, Elvis fans, are THE BEST

TCB Mafia
    I agree here, Ale.

Imagine our life without him, the world would definately be empty and a lot more boring.

Riley
    Last edited by riley; 12-02-2006 at 05:50 AM.

Ican't think of my life without Elvis either; I need to listen to his music daily, I need to look at his pics( not daily, but nearly..!!), and I think of him every single day. He gives me a great boost of energy , he makes me feel "fine"..I don't know how to explain, but without him my life will certainly miss something...
    I always feel I want to know more about him, that's why I buy books about his life;
    Luckily my boyfriend, even if not a fan , completely understands me and he usually buy me Elvis stuff when he sees something interesting!!!
    and I love you so..people ask me how..how I've lived 'till now

TCB Mafia
    That is nice Missclawdy.

Then you have a good boyfriend

Me too I cannot live with him and to be honnest I simply "know" that I spend too much time at my computer , always because of Elvis.

I just can't help it.

Until now my husband who is not a fan either (how is it possible ) has been also a very patient man.

Riley

i am a fan now for 2 years and my husband just don't understand it
    he offered me a psychiatrist and he was seriosly about it too!

he just feels treated by a man who is about 30 years gone now
    so now days i am looking at all my favorite site's when he is gone

once in a while i buy something or look at the t.v something about elvis
    and he always has commends

but he will not stop me of beining a fan
    once a fan alway's a fan!!
    live with it or leave it!!

ELVIS FOREVER

TCB Mafia
    Princess,

Your post made me laugh a bit... He offered you to go to a shrink

Why because you like Elvis Presley?

Then millions of people have to go to a doctor I guess.

I'm not certain but can it be that your husband is just jealous??

You have to ask him if he thinks Elvis was the best looking man ever lived this earth and see what is the answer. It will reveal a lot.

I did it and my husband said he was indeed the best looking guy he ever saw.

Riley

I met my wife when I joined her fan club years ago.She was the president.I guess I have Elvis to thank for that or blame for.Depends on how I feel at the time

i started liking elvis when my mom showed who he was and now im an elvis fannatic he is the coolest person ever

he was the bset thing to happend and he will always will be.

loveelvis3456

before anyone did anything
    elvis did everything
    long live the king

Cadillac King
    If i had never heard Elvis's fantastic voice, seen his fantastic pictures and performances, at the time i wanted to be a singer before he influenced me, i would just be another pop singer

Elvis taught me how to be a good performer and to become an artist rather than a singer. I picked up the guitar because of Elvis doing 'Baby what you want me to do' in the 68 comeback special. Without him , i never would've done all this. I have a great music career thats just started. In my town locally, i ahve had a lot of sucess. But it would not have been even half the result its been without him

Elvis was and is the greatest artist and performer of ALL TIME. There will never be another like him. There will be contenders, but there is always gonna be the King. And i feel sorry for those who have taken the impersonators as the image that Elvis was, because they will never discover the greatness of him. Their loss..........
    sincerely, Scott, a 15 year old Elvis fan

prayers to Jackie my auntie in law, and R.I.P Charlie Hodge, both victims of cancer

TCB Mafia
    I love all your responds and for Jak, it's nice to have a partner who is a elvis fan too. I would love to see a dvd together with my husband or discuss his life but we "rarely" do.

Riley

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riley View Post
    I love all your responds and for Jak, it's nice to have a partner who is a elvis fan too. I would love to see a dvd together with my husband or discuss his life but we "rarely" do.

Riley
    My wife is a Beatles fan so you can see how the conversation goes there

TCB Mafia

TCB Mafia
    Elvisdownunder,

Nice

Elvis was and is the greatest artist and performer of ALL TIME. There will never be another like him. There will be contenders, but there is always gonna be the King.

you are just right riley
    my husband is just jealous
    but hee it won't stop me beeing a elvis fan!

Quote Originally Posted by riley View Post

Riley
    I tease me wife and tell her I just married her for her Elvis collection.
    Jak

TCB Mafia
    Jak and Princess,

I like your reactions very much

Prinsess, your husband suggests to go to a shrink...so all of us should go, we're all affected with the same pathology..!!!! I think he's just jealous of a man who's certainly the best good loooking man ever walked the earth! And jealous you steal time from him because of Elvis.
    My boyfriend's not a fan, but we sometimes watch some dvd together and he asks me many questions about Elvis , I guess because he's interested in what I'm interested to ( as I am in things he likes) , and we usually listen to Elvis' music! He got used to it! I hope I'll succeed in going to Graceland WITH him!
    and I love you so..people ask me how..how I've lived 'till now

I have to say I've been lucky. My husband is quite understanding about my love for Elvis. He knows it's been like losing a dear close friend or relative - the way Elvis made most of us feel about him and that with his exceptional voice, charisma and beauty which is what has always separated him from the rest of the top artists. Also, we pratically grew up with him.

I don't listen to him every day but I turn to him when I feel this world is taking part of me away, I put on his music and I remember who I am. Hard to explain but that's what he does and always did for me.

International Level
    I can sum it up in few words I think...Without Mr. Elvis A. Presley not being in are lives is like the sun in the sky or the moon. Its impossible to even think what it would be like with-out him in my life.

Love to all,
    Tim Dudley

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast