Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Unreleased Footages

Saint-Petersburg, Russia & TelAviv, Israel

Unreleased Footages

I found THIS LISTING of Elvis`s Unreleased Footages >>>>>: http://dessaintes.webbuilder02.hostb...page131454.htm
    This UNRELEASED MATERIALS was filmed on professional camera!?. Your opinion? Can it be real?
    I cannot believe, that somewhere lies 40 minute professional film of Madison Square Garden concert(for example), and no one makes money on that by this time.
    Last edited by Maikcool; 01-26-2007 at 07:39 AM.

re

that will be wonderul if they realease this stuff

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Most of it is true fro the sources that I got. There is a few that is not listed though.

April 15, 1972 AS - Macon, Ga (Complete show)
    April 15, 1972 ES - Macon, Ga
    December 30, 1976 - Atlanta, GA (Complete show)
    June 1, 1977 - Macon, Ga (Complete show)

two of my friends owns these footage and I been trying to get copies of them for months now.

Elvislennon2004, And this is all professional TV tape? Not 8mm? It`s unbelievable!

The MSG shows were pro filmed with closed circut camera's for viewing in the luxury boxes.
    Jak

re

If EPE wants to make money they really should release this!!!!
    now i want to have it

Quote Originally Posted by elvis himselvis View Post
    If EPE wants to make money they really should release this!!!!
    now i want to have it
    EPE doesnt own much or any unseen footage of Elvis.Im guessing they have some stuff possibly but basically private collector's are the ones who end up with it.
    Jak

New stuff

Bollocks to all this, I say.

The only stuff I'd believe to be true is the MSG closed-circuit TV footage. Presumably, being CCTV, it was never permanently recorded.

I have a very brief couple of minutes of Japanese TV footage from one of the Hawaii 1972 shows (in appalling quality though). This was filmed as a practice run for the TV crews for the following January for the Aloha special.

Haven't watched it in years, but it's the Tiffany Suit (I think?) from several angles (similar to Aloha - it was the same arena) and there are Japanese subtitles at the beginning of each song. I know that a few mins of this was shown on TV in Hawaii for '72 news telecasts.

The only other "possible" filmed show is Phoenix, September 9, 1970. The TTWII cameras were there to capture the crowds (a lot of which was clumsily inserted into the Vegas footage in the movie, and slightly less clumsily in TTWII:SE in 2001).

So, would they have turned the cameras around to Elvis while they were there? Seems reasonable. And is it just me, or is there about 1.5sec of non-Vegas Elvis footage in TTWII during the kissing sequences? From Phoenix perhaps?

Footage from the MSG concerts was recorded and exists.
    Jak

Quote Originally Posted by Maikcool View Post
    Elvislennon2004, And this is all professional TV tape? Not 8mm? It`s unbelievable!

PROFESSIONAL 100%.

The shows that I have said that is complete is indeed complete. The bluish color that is around Elvis on the 8mm film fotage of Atlanta is not even there. One said that is the generation after generation that will do that. But I have a friend who also filmed that show in 8mm and the bluish color is there too and this is directly from the 8mm itself. The tape that I viewed that my friend has of the complete show the bluish color is completely gone. Elvis is made out perfectly and the audio even though it has the original audio, you can make out every word of the song and every word between each song that comes from him. There is a few different angles but it is complete. The audio is about the same as FTD New Years Eve maybe even better. You get to see him do part of The Wonder of You and when it comes to the line "You touch my hand I am a king". That is where he stop the song and says that "There's only one king". He points upwards at that point. When I get that video I will be transferring the audio from there and have the whole concert on cd.

It was filmed by a local TV station. All of the shows that I mention was filmed by there local TV stations.

Then why is none of these shows released?

I mean, we got all those 8mm fantapes released, why havent the fans who own the professional footage released it?

You need to see it this way. If you have something that no one else has and you have it then the value is worth alot more.

Cadillac King
    This is something that majorly needs addressing. Macon and Atlanta 76 filmed?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats frigin hard to believe. How did these people obtain these tapes. Were they actually people from the news crew or what? You do realise that Atlanta is one fo the greatest shows Elvis EVER performed. It definitely, somehow needs releasing
    sincerely, Scott, a 15 year old Elvis fan

prayers to Jackie my auntie in law, and R.I.P Charlie Hodge, both victims of cancer

They got these tapes by a sale that the TV stations had. They had to much stuff and some of these tapes got in there so my friends bought the tapes. Now for the Atlanta show being the best. That might be true but they do have it because I have personally seen these footage. I was the one who determed what the shows were because of a few reasons.

1. Macon Coliseum looks about the same as it did when Elvis performed there 5 times. Now since that I have seen those footage of Macon 72 AS & ES, and Macon 77 that Elvis looked great in the 72 footages and didn't look so well in the Macon 77.
    2. As for Atlanta show, I knew it was that show as soon Elvis walked onto the stage. The songs are all there in full. The jumpusuit is the King of Spades. The band members are wearing red. It begins when 2001 theme starts and ends with the lines "Elvis has left the building".

International Level
    There was always a saying "There was never any camrea on him." So, meaning he was Elvis, I'm sure news channels would come in an film all of it and then use the best for they had to show on the news.

Love to all,
    Tim Dudley

Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    They got these tapes by a sale that the TV stations had. They had to much stuff and some of these tapes got in there so my friends bought the tapes. Now for the Atlanta show being the best. That might be true but they do have it because I have personally seen these footage. I was the one who determed what the shows were because of a few reasons.

1. Macon Coliseum looks about the same as it did when Elvis performed there 5 times. Now since that I have seen those footage of Macon 72 AS & ES, and Macon 77 that Elvis looked great in the 72 footages and didn't look so well in the Macon 77.
    2. As for Atlanta show, I knew it was that show as soon Elvis walked onto the stage. The songs are all there in full. The jumpusuit is the King of Spades. The band members are wearing red. It begins when 2001 theme starts and ends with the lines "Elvis has left the building".
    It sounds pretty strange, but so good! Much coolest then ?Х-Files? or something, for me! If you have see this ultra RARE footage ? you very very lucky fan! I?m (and many thousands of people) can only dream about it!
    May I ask you talk more, about Atlanta tape? Where from shooting camera? (on Scene or from audience?, balcony?) How many perspective? Can we see Elvis close? Have a zoom? How clear image?

I thank in advance for the answer.

I want to explain why I`m interested about Atlanta 30.12.1976.
    I Have it in (8mm), and this is amazing
    Concert! Very touched moment, then all auditory and ?Sweet Inspirations? sing ?Happy birthday Elvis?? Although this is the poor sign to congratulate earlier than the period with the birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Maikcool View Post
    It sounds pretty strange, but so good! Much coolest then ?Х-Files? or something, for me! If you have see this ultra RARE footage ? you very very lucky fan! I?m (and many thousands of people) can only dream about it!
    May I ask you talk more, about Atlanta tape? Where from shooting camera? (on Scene or from audience?, balcony?) How many perspective? Can we see Elvis close? Have a zoom? How clear image?

I thank in advance for the answer.

There is several different angles. All angles you can make out Elvis' face. Some you can see his face but not in detail like some of the other angles.

These are in any kind of order on the angles but it will give you an idea. Most has none of the footage zoom in on him that I remember.

Angle one: Directly in front of the stage but a few rows back. Somewhere between 10 to 20 rows from the stage. Elvis face is in very good detail and no zoom was needed to see his face at all. Detail on the King of Spades will take your breath away. Such detail on that jumpsuit. Badn members are seen with detail to a point. You don't get to see them well since the spotlight is on Elvis all the time or when Charlie Hodge give Elvis scarves and hold the microphone during songs. This is one of three of the best angles.

Angle two: This is to the right of the stage (Elvis' left). ABout the same amount of rows as angle one. Same as before, Elvis' face is in very good detail and no zoom is needed what so ever that I remember. Detail of the King of Spades will also leave you breathless. Piano player can be seen but since the spotlight isn't on him you can't make him out real good.

Angle three: Complete opposite of Angle two. JD and Stamp, Sweet Inspirations, Kathy Westmoreland (you can sometimes spot her), and John Wilkinson can be seen from I remember.

The other angles which is three more are futher back from these three. Has been a while since I have this so I can give you a very good read on this. But I do remember that one is in the balcony. But the remaining angles you can see Elvis' face but not in detail as the first three.

Not only do you hear or see Happy Birhtday to Elvis being sung. Elvis does sing a few lines of The Wonder of You. He stop after the line "You touched my hand and I am King". Then he says that he isn't King and points up and says that he is king. I have talked to several people that went to this show and they all clearly remembers this but when they tell that to other Elvis fans who thinks they know all they laugh in their faces. This footage who make those know it all fans who thinks that to take that and read more info on Elvis.

But the audio must have been spliced into the footage later on. Because with the different angles it would been different quality of audio each time but it doesn't change. Audio remains the same. Quality I would put as high as FTD New Years Eve or King Goes Bananas.

It sounds like youve seen 8mm film.The difference between 8mm and pro shot is incredible.Most fans have only seen 8mm film that's been copied several times over.You may have seen 1st or 2nd generation film.The dvd Blue Hawaii 72 is a good example of nice 8mm film quality.If it were pro shot you would probably have original audio with it.If the tv station filmed it I doubt they would have taken the time to dubb bootleg audio on top of it.Somebody at the station could have filmed it but they could have used 8mm camera's.
    Jak

This is all possible. I have seen footage of EP's 1975 shows in Huntsville filmed by WHNT 19 news station. But now when they talk about the Huntsville shows, they only use stills of the show but outside footage of him arriving.

Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast