Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Unreleased Footages

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I agree. I think that would be a big seller if they had taped (Professionally) all 4 of the MSG shows...

As for fan footage of concerts getting released officially, sadly it will never happen...just as these guys have said, the general public and even alot of Elvis fans don't care for that type of things ...its indeed very sad to.. ...as i treasure all of the 8mm etc footage I own ! So if it never gets released officially, don't bother me much as i have quiet abit in my collection !
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    All four shows was not professional filmed at all. Only one show was. Any other footage that is available and is call professional footage is a big lie and you got suckered. Only the June 9 show was professional film and all of the show wasn't film. I know this for the reason that one of my friends who I just met work at MSG at that time and never saw a professional camera there. Only part of the June 9th show was filmed. Plus, there is no soundboard of the June 9th show. So it wouldn't make any sense to release that show being only part of it and no soundboard or RCA recording. So don't expect the release on FTD or RCA of any professional footage of Elvis from 1969 to 1977. The only one that you can expect is TTWII footage, EOT footage and Elvis In Concert footage (If release at all). That is the only things that I can see release. Nothing more.

Thanks for that info ElvisLennin .

Interesting, i never knew any of the MSG shows were filmed professionally. Half the show or not, I would still love to see that footage even if there isn't a soundboard with it !

As for seeing no shows from 69-77, your probably right...but if EOT outtakes is releaed (EVENTUALLY), we might see the complete shows that they filmed for the Elvis On Tour movie ...that would be awesome !
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Backstage Pass
    i think at least 2 shows were partly shot with 16mm(?) local tv news cameras
    some of the footage has been circulating on the web for a while now.one chap called rob in the u.s claims to have 3 shows (40 mins each) footage
    shot by local news tv(unverified by anyone else).

I've seen some of the fan shots from the MSG shows...like what is on the Star dvd "Elvis On Tour Through My Eyes". That footage is awesome, and it was synched perfect with sound.

Quote Originally Posted by mubarak View Post
    i think at least 2 shows were partly shot with 16mm(?) local tv news cameras
    some of the footage has been circulating on the web for a while now.one chap called rob in the u.s claims to have 3 shows (40 mins each) footage
    shot by local news tv(unverified by anyone else).
    TV Cameras were not allowed in MSG after the first show. Only 8mm footage is available and they was filmed by ABC and that is it. As for Rob having three shows of MSG, I wouldn't believe if I was you. Only 8mm footage is available for all of the MSG concerts. Only one show was filmed by 16mm which that was the first show. I have confirmed on all the MSG stuff that is out there.

As for professional film footage you need to know that there is two different kind of professional footage.

1. 16mm film cameras were mostly professionally done but some fans have 16mm cameras too. I have one and at that time it would cost about 70 to 80 dollars for a camera like I got and the film would be about 5 to 15 dollars a roll. Depending on the quality you want it to be in. The best was the highest. So all 16mm footage that is out there of Elvis might say that it is professionally done. It may look like it but it is really not.

2. Some TV stations like ABC, NBC, and CBS use mobile 8mm cameras. Sometimes that footage will be confuse as being professionally done but they are not. Watch the footage that is on Rare Moments of the King. Some MSG footage is on their. Now that footage was filmed by ABC. That footage is classify as being professionally done.

elvispresleyfan1935 - get Rockin' in the Garden. It has for both the June 10th shows over 20 minutes of each show with added RCA recordings. That footage is 8mm. It is great to have. It is not the complete show but some songs are complete. I believe you will enjoy seeing it.

ElvisLennin-

I will be getting that DVD in a couple of weeks...thanks for the recommendation .

I can not wait to see the footage on it..

Backstage Pass
    is there any footage of say dallas75, this is rumoered to be pro-shot.
    what about cincinatti march76 ?

Quote Originally Posted by mubarak View Post
    is there any footage of say dallas75, this is rumoered to be pro-shot.
    what about cincinatti march76 ?
    I've not seen or heard of footage from Dallas '75 show . Maybe someone else knows something i don't though.

Mad Tigers
    I have a question. I have read on different forums what people thought were filmed professionaly and what wasn't. My question is this.......How do we know what was filmed pro shot and what was not??? Where are you all getting this info from??? As for me, I am 100% content with 8mm footage. There is alot and I mean alot that is out there in great quality. Also another question if there was only about 20 minutes of the nye show from '76 filmed, why is it the video runs for over 40 minutes?

[quote=Matt;89004]

As for me, I am 100% content with 8mm footage. There is alot and I mean alot that is out there in great quality.

--------------------------------

Same here Matt. There is alot of good 8mm footage out there, and that keeps me satisfied . Until i see proof of this so called "pro" footage, I want get my hopes up..

HI
    More of one MSG shows are filmed by what i named in my professional listing footage
    For MSG shows 16 mm cameras and video camera are used
    16 mm camera used by TV Crews and Jonas Mekas movie director
    Video black and white camera on tripod to the left stage
    You can easy see the difference betwen 8 mm camera fans and pro 16 mm
    16 mm don t need special light for see all details
    You can see quality of 16 mm footage from J.Mekas here
    http://www.skip.at/AT/filme/trailer/...hp?filmnr=1737
    Nothing to do withe 8 mm cameras
    Christian M
    BUY TOP PRICE OR TRADE ALL ELVIS UNSEEN FOOTAGE !!!
    http://img3.exs.cx/img3/5395/Copiede...lm20reel-1.jpg

Christian,

Thanks alot buddy for posting that link

Wow, that footage is absolutley great , that definitley is professional . It went a little fast, but atleast i got to see it !

So do you have the whole show in that quality ,

Brad

Oh I forgot about that footage. That is the June 10th Evening show. Oh, to the answer to your question elvispresleyfan1935 There is only a few minutes more of that footage. It wasn't all filmed. That was filmed using 16mm camera.

HI according to Jonas Mekas he film withe his 16mm camera around 40 minutes of this show
    he obtain the permit to film directly by the colonel Parker
    and send to him a copy of the 16mm footage,if the footage is now in EPE hands is the question,i aske 2 years ago to EPE but don t have appopriate reply

Christian M

Backstage Pass
    nice little clip there christian, thanks for posting link.intresting to note the director says he filmed 40mins(thats most of the show).this is the type of footage out there in collectors hands.
    they should follow the kings lead and share with others!

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTIAN M View Post
    HI according to Jonas Mekas he film withe his 16mm camera around 40 minutes of this show
    and send to him a copy of the 16mm footage,if the footage is now in EPE hands is the question,i aske 2 years ago to EPE but don t have appopriate reply

Christian M
    That is very interesting Christian.

That would be awesome if EPE does have 40 mintues of that footage !

Would be so great to see this released

Christian M

Magnificent clip

Any idea why it was speeded up?

Quote Originally Posted by wild View Post
    Magnificent clip

Any idea why it was speeded up?
    HI
    Jonas Mekas is psykadelik (hope it s the good word in english) movie director
    he do many short footage in experimental style
    the clip posted from MSG is a special trailer do for a viennal festival in Austria fews years ago
    CHRISTIAN M

HI
    Jonas Mekas is psykadelik (hope it s the good word in english) movie director
    he do many short footage in experimental style
    the clip posted from MSG is a special trailer do for a viennal festival in Austria fews years ago
    CHRISTIAN M
    Well, it was still cool getting to see it Christian

Again, Thanks

Brad