Thread: Help! Advice? '77 Concert DVDs

Help! Advice? '77 Concert DVDs

I want to buy a dvd of the CBS special and the last concerts and I see they're available pretty frequently on EBAY.

Any advice about which to buy and from who?

How's the picture quality? The sound?
    Tom Schreck
    The Duffy Mysteries
    Where the hero is an Elvis fan

Quote Originally Posted by tjs View Post
    I want to buy a dvd of the CBS special and the last concerts and I see they're available pretty frequently on EBAY.

Any advice about which to buy and from who?

How's the picture quality? The sound?
    I have love coming down on order thats supposed to be good

Smile '77 shows

I've recently purchased these on eBay from a guy in Thailand. The pic quality isn't 100 per cent, but it's totally watchable. Most of the eBay stuff you'll find is okay.
    The DVD version with a TTWII pic on the cover is fine to buy: I changed the cover on mine, as it's asinine.
    Just one thing: there is footage available from Rapid City that has a timer counter at the bottom, which is a bit distracting. However, it is available without the counter, so email your seller to ask if it's there.
    Most of these DVDs come with some great backstage footage from Rapid City of Elvis accepting a plaque from the mayor, and with a little Indian girl. Also, his arrival in black track suit - the dressing room door closes for a little while then he emerges in the Sundial suit. Cool footage.
    Also, it is odds on that the Rapid City footage you will find will have most of the band intros and three songs missing: I've never seen a complete version yet. However, these tracks are included in the actual special, if you already have that.
    Having now seen the complete shows, it is my belief they should never be released publicly; I'm afraid Elvis is just too out of it most times, especially in Omaha.
    Good luck ...

re in concert

i have had the same problem i am now stuck with 4 differn't versions, the best was the first one that came out years ago, THE CBS TAPES, I RECENTLY got a copy of LOVE COMMING DOWN, and it is nothing that it claims, the editing was dismal, the audio and video is not in sync, i just found it totally anoying, [again this is my opinion] i guess your gonna have to judge for yourself, i think the best we are gonna get for now is 2nd gen copies of the outakes, the concert itself i have a n excellent copy.

I have the love coming down dvd also, and it's a great dvd, nothing that you discribed memphis77, and for what i know, there isn't a decent dvd out there that is 100% perfect, we have to wait till EPE finally is going to release the cbs special in perfect quality and sound.

Hi,
    Don't know if this is of any help, and i hope this is ok to post. I too have had loads of copies of these shows. One I have at the moment is the CBS TAPES 2 disc set. But by far THE best quality copy of the actual show as on tv I got from a guy named Christian from here http://elvis-rare-footage.forumactif.com/
    Hope he doesnt mind me mentioning him, maybe he can help you out with a copy, he had it done properly and it is by far the best quality I have seen. Although it is the edited one with the fans talking, its still v good.
    I put some grabs from my copy here http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/bro...s&c=35&page=27

Hope this helps.

patrik the dvd LOVE COMMING down , quality of the outakes are 3rd gen, the cbs tapes at least were of 2nd gen, and the my way bonus [has the audio out of sync], as well as fairytale, and i love .... it was also filled with crap like I'M LEAVING [funeral footage]. and lisa marie song, along with misleading claims[the best quality film footage], a very bizzare effort, even the rodchester 77 footage is incomplete. S o i suggest you take alook at other compilations before commenting. and as far as waiting for E.P.E. tom release it in perfect quality, i disagree, i have a first gen excellent copy!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I have the love coming down dvd also, and it's a great dvd, nothing that you discribed memphis77, and for what i know, there isn't a decent dvd out there that is 100% perfect, we have to wait till EPE finally is going to release the cbs special in perfect quality and sound.

Glad to see I havent wasted my money cheers

I liv ein Canada were downloading isn't illegal. Anyways I've found lots of quality hard to find audio & video of EP. But I also purchase a ton of stuff. I just download the stuff I cant get my hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by memphis 77 View Post
    patrick.. So i suggest you take a look at other compilations before commenting. and as far as waiting for E.P.E. tom release it in perfect quality, i disagree, i have a first gen excellent copy!
    I have about 6 or 7 different versions from 1977. Also have the video: the cbs-tapes, and yes the video has a much better quality...but the guys from star did go alkl the way to present this material in the best possible way. So i know what talking about...and my comments are very right on this matter, and i'm Elvis fan for more than 17 years now (and i'm only 34 yrs young) and seen almost every release out there.
    And if you have a first gen. copy can you show us some screen pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I have about 6 or 7 different versions from 1977. Also have the video: the cbs-tapes, and yes the video has a much better quality...but the guys from star did go alkl the way to present this material in the best possible way. So i know what talking about...and my comments are very right on this matter, and i'm Elvis fan for more than 17 years now (and i'm only 34 yrs young) and seen almost every release out there.
    And if you have a first gen. copy can you show us some screen pictures?
    can you give me the rest of the titles for these releases just for future reference