Thread: We Remember, Elvis

Roustabouts

Post We Remember, Elvis

A revised edition of the book on Elvis originally written by Wanda June Hill on her friendship with Elvis Presley. The original was written shortly after his passing in 1977. This new edition just released by Booksurge of Amazon.com has lots of new material, including her personal interviews with him. For more on the book and Wanda June Hill:

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/WJH/wjh_index.htm

A note to skeptics: before you trash it, at least read Wanda's material on the ELC website - see Elvis's handwritten notes to her, etc.

As Elvis said: "Don't critize what you don't know, son."

l would like to read that book when l get the chance.
    Without a song,the day would never end.
    Without a song,a man ain t got a friend.
    Without a song,the road would never bend,
    so I keep singing a song. Elvis Presley

Just read it and I?m sorry to say it hasn?t anything new in it. It is an average book on Elvis without any important information and any picture of the gifts she tells he gave her, instead she uses pictures of elvis that are everywhere on the net. She tells the nice and spiritual side of Elvis and lists his illness (that we all already new he had, the first and the second thing) to supposedly contradict the Memphis Mafia books but she like them know and admit that he had a problem with pills, and as far as I know the Memphis Mafia never denied Elvis was an ill man at the end. So I can?t understand what this book was all about, apart from trying to be another member of the "I Knew Elvis More Than You" contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Just read it and I?m sorry to say it hasn?t anything new in it. It is an average book on Elvis without any important information and any picture of the gifts she tells he gave her, instead she uses pictures of elvis that are everywhere on the net. She tells the nice and spiritual side of Elvis and lists his illness (that we all already new he had, the first and the second thing) to supposedly contradict the Memphis Mafia books but she like them know and admit that he had a problem with pills, and as far as I know the Memphis Mafia never denied Elvis was an ill man at the end. So I can?t understand what this book was all about, apart from trying to be another member of the "I Knew Elvis More Than You" contest.

Thanks Donut, I am going to save my money on this one... I have read enough of the nothing we didn't already know books.. my guess is you summed it up pretty well. Thanks, Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Same here, thanks for the information on the book Donut.

You are wellcome Dovey and Diane.
    Anyway I?m not an expert critic and you can buy it if you want and judge for yourselves.

maybe you'll hate me for this but,I'm glad she wrote that book..this is not a photo book so I don't care about them,yet you can see some of her Elvis possession's photos in ELC site and you can ask Wanda whatever you think is wrong about her story by pm'ing her in site's forum,she answers..she's a very nice lady as a person and doesn't make it a big thing to be a friend of him, no I'm not a relative of her but I'm for justice..as for what is in the book,well Elvis mentioned in this book is rather different comparing the false and shallow image that became famous,not everyone knew his inner personality and again not many believe that he had those serious ilnesses and they prefer to think he was a simple junkie..I mean his fans do this,let alone MM members..

TCB Mafia
    I totally agree with the above posted content.

I happen to know Wanda too. She is my forum friend for quite some time now.

When I came to ELC site I still had some questions in my head regarding him . A lot about his health and some about Priscilla and him too.

I read hundreds of books during the past 30 years. I had the privilige to meet l people who knew him and worked with him and someone from his family too. We had the opportunity to talk to him longer then the usual talk between fans and aquintances of him And no secrets were told either but let's say we talked a bit about the good old days and also about Priscilla .

But still some questions remained. The puzzle did not fit at all, some pieces were missing let's say.

Then one day I decided to write Wanda a mail and while talking more and more about private things I asked her a bit of more information too it.
    She answered me but also said immediately that she was not an expert in his life story ...
    She was his friend and friends talk and pour their hearth out to each other but being a friend is not being an expert on that friends life necessarily.

I promised to keep things for myself which she told me and I will continue to do that but let's say that talking to her filled the voids , the little pieces that were still missing to have the complete puzzle she provided them to me.

I felt I could trust her immediately. Cannot explain why but it was just a feeling I had and let's say that most of the time I am very sharp in those things and I can easily see through persons who are faking or making themselves more important then they are. just by talking to them for a while

I like her.

She is a very down to earth lady, who loves her horses , her family and nature in general.

Not at all someone who seeks publicity. She never made herself more important then she was in his life and really sometimes she herself said she doesn't know " everything " when being asked some things she really does not know either.

She just happened to be in the right place at the right time I guess.
    She met him and it clicked. They sure had mutual intrests to talk about and we all now Elvis loved talking and exchanging views and idea's.
    He trusted her and when Elvis felt he could trust someone he really opened up
    to that person.
    Elvis was a very spiritual man who had lots of questions too and I don't think he found the answers with his friends the MM guys.

Elvis loved long telephone conversations and that is what Wanda mostly was "a telephone friend,"( like nowadays we all have forum friends and without knowing them very well we often tend to pour our hearth out to them, when we feel we can trust each other and share same views).

Of course she met him in person too and visited him in LA and Vegas .

Elvis liked to telephone when he was alone , mostly in his bedroom or in his badtube and I'm sure the MM guys who deny her fiercely (maybe out of fear she knew too much of them) weren't in his private quarters at those moments so they just CANNOTtell that he did not know her.

Elvis was a man who constantly searched ways to keep in touch with the real world too. He was a bright man and did make friends other then the MM entourage. He may have lived under very special circumstances but he was no caged wild animal, I mean he saw and talked constantly to new people whom he met during work, travel, shows, repetitions, hotels etc...

Friends like Wanda, kept him sane and were his soundboard whenever they were needed.

And I'm glad he knew her because she is a fantastic lady, really.

I loved her book and it gave us a lot of insight on the human being.
    Lots of funny stories, touching stories and also sad ones. The interview tapes were unique , it is almost like you hear him say those things to you in person. Fascinating.

I totally recommand it to everyone and I'm sure Mrs Wanda June Hill will answer questions to you too as long as you respect her of course.

Here is another link that might be of any intrest too regarding her:

http://www.elvis2001.net/ go to message board there.

I want to thank her for writing this honnest book. She will defend him for the rest of her life , and that is exactly what he deserved really.

Thank you Wanda, for listening for caring and for giving me the book with very nice words and a unique present in it.

Riley
    Last edited by riley; 11-22-2006 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4THEHEART View Post
    maybe you'll hate me for this but,I'm glad she wrote that book..this is not a photo book so I don't care about them,yet you can see some of her Elvis possession's photos in ELC site and you can ask Wanda whatever you think is wrong about her story by pm'ing her in site's forum,she answers..she's a very nice lady as a person and doesn't make it a big thing to be a friend of him, no I'm not a relative of her but I'm for justice..as for what is in the book,well Elvis mentioned in this book is rather different comparing the false and shallow image that became famous,not everyone knew his inner personality and again not many believe that he had those serious ilnesses and they prefer to think he was a simple junkie..I mean his fans do this,let alone MM members..
    Why would i hate you? You have your right to think whatever you want.
    I?m not questioning that she met him but if you write a book you have to give to the readers verifiable information in it,not adress them to a web page because you have already buy the book for it. That she didn?t see certain things that Elvis did didn?t mean they didn?t happen ( and is easy for her not having witness it because their relation was mostly by telephone...)
    And even the MM have told in my opinion unnecesary datails about him they all come in the end to the conclussion that he was a caring, tender, ultra generous person. So nothing new is in her book, instead of contradict their stories with facts she bases the book with just her opinion and that?s not enough when you write a book.
    I?m glad you have a nice relationship with her and if you say so I?m sure she is a nice lady but my opnion is based on her work, not her private life.

Good luck to Wanda with her book

Cadillac King
    I believe she didn't know Elvis

l have read some interesting stuff in her forum, so l do have hopes she know him.
    Without a song,the day would never end.
    Without a song,a man ain t got a friend.
    Without a song,the road would never bend,
    so I keep singing a song. Elvis Presley