Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October FTD Soundboard?

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States

October FTD Soundboard?

Has there been any indication of what show FTD will be releasing in October? I am curious to know
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    GREAT QUESTION BIG BOSS!!

As of now, there has been no indication of what show will be issued in October. However, my current thinking is that we are probably going to get a show from 1972. With the release of POLK SALAD ANNIE this month, and the recent release of THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM, we've had material released from '70 & '71. We've already got a show from '69, and we've also got shows/CD's from '73 - '77. So, since 1972 is the only year left that FTD hasn't released a show from, it would make sense that they would take a long, hard look at releasing a show from 1972.

Anyone have any thoughts on this??

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

I agree with you Jungleroom; 1972 does sound like the logical choice, but there's one thing - does RCA have a sufficient number of shows from 1972 in their vaults, and are the shows they have in their entirity?
    Of course there are a few nice boot cd's from 1972 that are out there and in their entirity, but does anyone know if RCA has these and others?

GREAT QUESTION BIG BOSS!!

Well, I am guessing that RCA must have most of the shows recorded during the filming of ELVIS ON TOUR in their vaults...so, if the October FTD release does turn out to be a show from 1972, it would not be a shock to me that it would be one of the shows recorded during ELVIS ON TOUR....perhaps the Hampton Roads show from April 9th?

Time will tell...

TCB!
    Mike

... or maybe some unreleased rehearsals from 1972 (EOT) with Elvis singing :
    - burning love
    - proud mary
    - never been to spain
    - see see rider

and also (let?s dream just a little bit) :
    - bridge over troubled water
    - the impossible dream
    - lawdy miss clawdy
    - you don?t have to say you love me
    - you?ve lost that lovin? feelin?...
    :worthy:
    I prefer to stop...
    Could be so great!...
    "Until we meet again, God bless you and Adios."

Y@NOTE RECORDS 2004

GREAT THOUGHT JEANNO!!!

But, as of now, FTD is saying that the October release will be a complete soundboard recording....but maybe they will include some rehearsals as bonus tracks? That would be COOL!!!

Of course....we can continue to hope for a comprehensive ELVIS ON TOUR release in the future!!

TCB!
    Mike

Roustabouts

let's dream...

How about Indy 77?

They do have complete shows from 1972.

They released the San Antonio from April, 18 on the Close Up box.

But (and don't get me wrong, I like al the releases so far) are we really waiting for another 1972 show?

Those shows are great, but they all sound very much alike, with not that much variation in song choice...

Sonny

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Agreed.

I've been looking forward to a Nashville '71 FTD, and I guess it's gonna be a while still before that one comes out. But that's a different subject.

As far as soundboards go, it is known that they have a show from May 11, 1974 in Los Angeles in the vaults. But what is apparently unclear--or maybe someone here knows--is whether that was the afternoon or evening show. The first one was the show in which he performed You Can Have Her, which sounds absolutely fantastic on the audience recording, but in great soundboard quality it would be amazing. That show would be a great one to release.

But I would guess, since they haven't released it yet and they would be sitting on an unreleased Elvis song in most likely pretty good quality, that it is not that show that they have. I hope I'm wrong!

Indy '77 would indeed be more than alright with me, Marcel.

I understand the desire for shows to be released which are as different as possible from others which are already available, perhaps only on bootleg, but if there are some great unreleased shows out there from Elvis's final years (I say that because most of the shows in the vaults are from '74 on)--and there are--which are very similar to others we've heard, I still want to hear them! So I'd love to get a show from the summer of '76, for example, which has a fairly run-of-the-mill lineup but which features Elvis in rare form...ya know?

It seems to me that shows are mainly chosen for the song selection, and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. But with that kind of thinking, if Elvis is in a great mood and singing his best, then those attributes are just sort of a lucky bonus. And it does make sense to scan through the songlists when trying to pick a show to release, pick out the interesting-looking ones and then review them for content. I just hope that the ones which might not seem as special up front are reviewed as well, so that the best of them also have a chance for release.

Think I'll have to volunteer for that job; Ernst needs an assistant.

Back to the subject of Elvis On Tour, what I keep thinking about is the all the video Ernst said they have of those rehearsals. Wouldn't that be some awesome footage to watch? And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he also said that they have a wonderful rehearsal from then of Young And Beautiful. If the EOT SE doesn't happen in the next couple years--and hopefully good sales of the Comeback and Aloha DVD sets will make that happen, it would be nice to at least get that audio pretty soon.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Cadillac King
    Bobby wrote
    And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he also said that they have a wonderful rehearsal from then of Young And Beautiful. If the EOT SE doesn't happen in the next couple years--and hopefully good sales of the Comeback and Aloha DVD sets will make that happen, it would be nice to at least get that audio pretty soon.
    Ernst plays too cute at times, his remark on "Young & Beautiful" is that it is "too good to be released" whatever that means - I just hope it finds its way out soon!
    Even his comments on the October soundboard is cryptic- " one that is thought NOT to have been preserved" so is that a clue to an early concert like the Memphis 60 ? that is one thought not to have been recorded ? Indy 77 certainly is "thought to have been recorded".

Oh well only 30 days and 90 years to go.

jb

International Level
    How About His last Memephis concert in 1976. the goobye memephis concert.

this would be a good one.
    Curtis Simpkins

Long Live Vinyl. :worthy:

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Man, a soundboard from 1972 would really be fantastic.

One of my major FTD wishes is the release of the Opening Night show from 1972. It has been released by the 2001 label, but it could have been so much better. The show is simply outstanding and really waits to be heard by everyone who doesn't have that import release.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

From what I have read on FECC and a few other boards, the word now is that FTD will be releasing a show that quote "was believed not to have been preserved". So, after seeing this, I am lead to believe that the October FTD will be a show that everyone has been wanting but was lead to think it wasn't available on soundboard. Now my curiosity is really beginning to grow!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss Man
    From what I have read on FECC and a few other boards, the word now is that FTD will be releasing a show that quote "was believed not to have been preserved". So, after seeing this, I am lead to believe that the October FTD will be a show that everyone has been wanting but was lead to think it wasn't available on soundboard. Now my curiosity is really beginning to grow!
    MY BOY, MY BOY...

Well that certainly does catapult this whole discussion to another level, doesn't it??? Now we've got the possibility of a show that was previously thought to be unavailable...I would guess then that, if this is indeed true, that would probably negate the possibility of the October release being a show from 1972. I don't think there are any shows from 1972 that fans wanted, which RCA thought were not available.

SO....
    I've got to go back to Marcel's comment of INDY '77....could it be that THIS is the show they are referring to as being previously thought unavailable? This is really the only show I can think of right off the top of my head that fans want released, which RCA has said they didn't have.

Any thoughts on this????
    TCB!
    Mike

Cadillac King
    Hey Guys!

I said it before on this thread and I'll repeat it ...how about " Memphis 61" never thought to have been preserved ?! correct ?

jb
    Last edited by jbgude; 07-16-2004 at 08:18 AM.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Hmmm...If it was indeed Memphis '61, then it would not be a soundboard recording, right? Have Ernst's references to this release included the term "soundboard" or just "recording"? That might not be significant, I don't know.

Oh, man. Just thinking about it possibly being the Indy show...I'll try not to get too excited! If it is indeed the last show ever that they have (which needs to be called You Won't Forget Me When I Go--I've had that title waiting for the recording for years ), and knowing how he likes to keep the fans guessing, I would think he'd really be building it up. But maybe he will do so more and more as we get closer to the time to announce it. When do you all think that will be anyway? I'm just trying to think how far in advance we generally find these things out.

I think another likely possibility would be one of the Asheville or other great shows from July of '75. They would fit the bill, anyway.

Heck, Cincinnati '77 could also be it.

Pontiac Silverdome show?

Houston Astrodome '70?
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Cadillac King
    After many years of trepidation I finally got and listened to the Indy 77 - an audience recording, not bad as they go - but I was pleasently surprised with E's good humour and voice.

I would not mind that being released (h)

jb

Memphis 1961 could be on the list, along with Hawaii 1961 recorded from an improved source. However, I believe it's going to be a show from the 1970's, and as we all know, there are ALOT of shows everyone has requested and begged for but have been told by Ernst J that no recording existed.

My list of possibilities (or hopes) are these:

Las Vegas, July 31, 1969
    Hampton Roads, Va , April 1972 (afternoon show)
    Las Vegas, Jan 26, 1973 (opening show)
    Las Vegas, Aug 6, 1973 (opening show)
    A show from the July 1975 tour
    New Years Eve 1975
    Last show from Las Vegas, 1976
    Atlanta, Ga, Dec 30, 1976

Any thoughts on these?

Roustabouts

Indy?

I wish they stopped those rumors and just told us!
    hehehe

I didn't know I had started something with just these few words (How about Indy '77), but hey, we ALL want that show, don't we?
    After that, they can release whatever they want, I don't mind at all, but there's got to be a tape of Indy '77 and I do hope that is it!
    If they go with yet another '70, '71, or '72 show... I think they'll lose me...
    Let's wait and see and hope they read this thread!
    Release Indy '77, FTD people! (please....)
    :worthy:

Maybe it's the show from Las Vegas where the 3 men jumped on stage and the huge fight broke out, or could it be the show from Norfolk, VA in July 1975 where Elvis talked about the Sweet Inspirations having breathe that smells like catfish and they walk off the stage!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast