Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a question for elvis

Question a question for elvis

ok so its wishful thinking,but heh we can dream,if you could speak to elvis and ask him one question or say one sentence... what year would it have been and what would have you asked/told him? it would be real intresting to see everyones different questions/responses.Dont forget you can only ask him one question/sentence but you do get to choose the year you meet him,heh E even told us to JUST PRETEND so hey i am .

okay so for me i would like to travel back to 1977 and say one thing 'rest elvis please do as you are over working yourself ' ....i wonder what elvis would have replied,i know elvis loved to perform for his many lucky fans but i think it was this that made elvis over work him self,he should have just took a long vacation and maybe do a '79 comeback,if only .......
    one thing/rule: dont please mock elvis in any way about weight or any of those stupid comments please ,hope to see some replies,aron.

Backstage Pass
    i'd ask him "darling, do you know how much we love you and will always love you?"
    "Elvis, we're talking about shooting from the waist down, and not being able to touch hands with body, or body with hands, excuse me. I just got this show off the air boy"

Nice idea E.L.V.I.S, I have to think about that one . Something popped in my mind, but...........uh I can't write that down in public.............. I'll be back!

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by P.S. Annie
    Something popped in my mind, but...........uh I can't write that down in public..............
    why not?? Now i wanna know please tell

i would go back to 1977 and sayt to him: sweetheart, we dont wanna loose you, please think about what you're doing to yourself

i know it wouldnt help much but hey, it was only one sentence

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Elvis was already loosing all his innercircle people (like Schilling, West, etc.) and wanted to have a proffesional security. But it seemed like that by loosing this bad circle of people around him, he also lost quite a bit of his private life.

So there he was: a girlfriend who wasn't mature enough to be Elvis' wife and nurse, a family-in-law who were after his money, very few friends on who he could fall back to, a book that was to be releases that would do no good to his image, a band (the TCB) that was falling apart, a tv special that was declined because of the bad performance/looks of Elvis, dropping sales of his records..... by mid 1977 there was not much to look forward to.

So I'm trying to come up with a question that could show Elvis not only how bad the situation really was (both mentally and physicly), bot also that he would realise that he could change things for the better.

In short: i can't come up with that question (yet)
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Roustabouts
    "Elvis, why don't you have more faith in yourself?" would be my question to Elvis in 1973 when he reconciled with Colonel Tom Parker, following their fall out.
    It was an ideal opportunity for Elvis to break free of that man and get a proper manager who could take Elvis' career forward. I think it was Jerry Schilling who said Elvis died of 'creative boredom', and although Elvis isn't completely blameless, it would have been interesting to see how things might have panned out for him, had the Colonel been removed from the equation.
    "Knock...and the door shall be opened. Seek...and you shall find."

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Yeah.... Parker was 'great' during the start of Elvis' carreer. I can even give him credit for the movie years, coz without those, there wouldn't have been a comeback special, the longing for live performances and the Memphis '69 sessions.

Even the way Parker handled the first years of Vegas has done Elvis (and the fans) good. But I agree, that Parker hasn't done anything really in Elvis' favour, besides providing an equal share of the money.

Just imagine Elvis having a manager who didn't only want to exploit Elvis financially, but also who had faith in Elvis as an artist and human being. Someone who could stimulate and motivate Elvis.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Backstage Pass
    Mmmmmmmm, I'd either go back to 1959 and ask him not to start seeing Priscilla, "Believe me Elvis, She'll cause you nothing but heartache
    Or go to 1973 and ask him if he thought he should be touring the world instead of playing Nothingville,Kentucky for the umpteenth time.If he'd've done a world tour after the Aloha concert, then it would have been a fresh challenge for him and we all know how he rose to new challenges, then he wouldn't have sank so deep into depression then when he toured the UK he could've met my mum and become my step dad

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Tough question..................... however, I don't really believe any one question can be life altering without it being divine!

I've always liked the idea of time travel, taking a portable dvd player back to 1974 and showing Elvis highlights of "68 Special", "On Tour 72" and "Aloha From Hawaii" and lastly the "CBS Special" not that I dislike the 77 Special but to highlight the impact of his current lifestyle and the toll it would eventually take.

I don't think Elvis had given up hope on life, he was just unfortunate to be struck down at an early age.

TCB Mafia
    I really don't think that a single question would create the changes in elvis' life that we would all crave for.
    Yep...you could go back to 1976 and say "take a year off Elvis"....or back to 1974 when the so called bust up with Parker was going on and say "sack the Ba$%(&d" ( i'm sorry but the man did nothing to impress me after the 50's )...........there are many things you could ask for...but would it have changed anything ? I would doubt it.

I would say that just talking to elvis would have been more than enough for me...pick a happy moment in his life and ask " how are you " would be plenty for me. You can't change anything about the past....in Elvis' case...oh i only wish that we could
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

Roustabouts
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Yeah.... Parker was 'great' during the start of Elvis' carreer. I can even give him credit for the movie years, coz without those, there wouldn't have been a comeback special, the longing for live performances and the Memphis '69 sessions.
    I do agree that the Colonel was brillliant in marketing Elvis to America with all those early TV appearences, along with his early film roles which showed great promise. Also, getting him a recording deal with RCA in 1955 and giving him free reign over the music he recorded.

Where my opinion does differ, Albert, is pretty much over the way Elvis' career was handled by the Colonel after he got out the army. An artist of Elvis' calibre should never have had to do a 'Comeback'. Whilst The Beatles were conquering the charts, Elvis was making 'Paradise Hawaiin Style'.

Elvis topping the UK charts in 1965 with 'Crying in the Chapel', gave a glimpse of how great the mid 60's could have been for Elvis, had he been offered better movie roles and been allowed to record more non-soundtrack music etc. Please don't feel I'm being critical of everything Elvis did in the 60's - he recorded some fantastic music and even some of the poorer songs he had to record were worth listening too, simply because it's Elvis singing them - but he could have been doing so much more.

In my opinion, the foundations for August 16th 1977 were laid during this period of Elvis' career.

Even the way Parker handled the first years of Vegas has done Elvis (and the fans) good.
    The 68 Comeback was indeed a triumph for Elvis - but only because Elvis & Steve Binder overuled the Colonel about the format of the show. Had the Colonel got his way, it would have been an hr of Elvis singing Xmas songs!

The 69 Memphis sessions, successful return to live performances in Vegas, going on tour again, playing Madison Sq Garden and then Aloha from Hawaii - all point to Elvis' career being strong and going in the right direction. After Aloha, it was just back to Vegas again, so Elvis could make more money for the Colonel to spend at the gambling table. Any other manager would have built on the amazing success of 'Aloha' by touring their artist abroad. As I said in my previous post, 1973 was the year when I wish Elvis had acted and broke free of the Colonel. It's such a pity.

But I agree, that Parker hasn't done anything really in Elvis' favour, besides providing an equal share of the money.
    Just imagine Elvis having a manager who didn't only want to exploit Elvis financially, but also who had faith in Elvis as an artist and human being. Someone who could stimulate and motivate Elvis.
    Those words are so true, Albert. I think it was The Daily Mail here in the UK, who said, upon the news of the Colonel's death in 1997, something along the lines of "Elvis Presley was an entertainment phenomenon inspite of Colonel Tom Parker - not because of him!"

p.s Great to have the board up and running again!
    "Knock...and the door shall be opened. Seek...and you shall find."

OMG...
    One question... It's just impossible for me. A Long long long conversation maybe....
    But I would said to him, 'Thanks God that he gave you, Elvis, to us, to the whole wide world, thanks God, that you was born on this Earth and gave so many people in the world your undying music, your wondreful voice, your love, your light, the light of your soul, you made this world more beautiful and more happy, thank you, Elvis..........'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GREATMAN-5.jpg  
    'My music is why I was put on this earth' Elvis Presley

Elvis from Russia
    www.elvispresley.ru

Wink Really.....

There is only one question i would ask........and it would be .....Will You Marry Me Elvis Because I Love You !!!!??

Hey this is officially my first message on the board!!!!!!!!
    Elvis grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can
    and the wisdom to know the difference

welcome to the board and im very sure your enjoy your stay,i hope you become one of tcb-worlds regular visitors and posters ,welcome ,aron.

Smile

Thank you kindly E.L.V.I.S....you can rest your mind assured that i will be posting here as much as i can...the forum looks fantastic im glad i've found a new home on the internet!!

(h)

I hope you enjoy my company folks...Its a great start to know that we all have something in common!!...........

we all love this man

wow unchained you'd have to have a very deep voice to sing jd's part....

holy valance...... god only knows what men see in here.

do you want a list Scottishthistle,mind you im more of a britney spears kinda guy ,aron.

Britneys cool..she likes Elvis...

The best lookin' "living" guy has got to be robbie williams

Quote Originally Posted by EAP_2005
    "Elvis, why don't you have more faith in yourself?.
    I know it is not original, but I thought the same thing

i'd prefer gone back to 1950s before his army year, as he got that draft, i would tell him to not going to germany, since thats the first place when he knew about drugs .

another question for elvis from me: " would you sing some new songs in your concert , please ? "
    Last edited by buttonhead; 09-06-2004 at 04:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast