Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Stanley

Coming On Strong

David Stanley

Hmm.. Can anyone tell me about Elvis stepbrother, David Stanley? I've never seen any pictures of him with Elvis, and never heard Elvis mension him?

Better known as "The Head Hunter". He is making a movie about being bodyguard to the King. Check out My Space: http://www.myspace.com/headhuntermovie

David Stanley is a 16-year-old kid when he drops out of high school to go to work for his world famous step-brother, The King of rock-and-roll. A boy in a mans world, he exchanges a life of innocence for one of money, fortune, fame, power and prestige. Because of his size, strength and aggression, The King appoints David as one of his personal bodyguards. To anyone who tries to hurt The King, David is the last one you want to meet. To The King, David is known as The HeadHunter. Wading through a morass of conflicting emotions, David quickly discovers a side of The King few ever knew. A side that challenges all of his consummate bodyguard skills, love and devotion. A side that ultimately topples the balance of a carefully constructed facade. Brash and unapologetic, The HeadHunter is Davids story as the youngest bodyguard in the history of rock-and-roll. The true account of his ascent into manhood and the struggles of life on the road as The Kings gun-toting bodyguard during the last tumultuous years of The Kings life. He protected The King from everyone, but no one could protect The King from himself.

http://www.theheadhuntermovie.com/menu.html

Here's his picture and bio.

re david stanley

well it looks as though STANLEY is at it again, a movie about his exploits and how he can blame E.P. for his lousy upbringing, one thing is true that he was a total a........ and how he and others treated the fans, ELVIS knew exactly what they were doing , and let it go on for so long, I among many have little respect for all the security guys, it was really getting bad durring the last 3 years, of his life, it was always them yelling not to take photos etc.. it just proves that they are nothing without E.P . i hate this guy with a passion[just my opinion]. I'm sure the movie will be filled with lies and the like.

David Stanley

I belive it was David who came out with the theory a few years back that Elvis had committed suicide...it was either him or Rick, I can't remember for sure. I'm not fond of the Stanleys though, I think they only got involved with the Presleys for some dough-re-mi.......

It was not Rick

David is the one that made the statement that Elvis committed suicide. I asked Rick about that when i met him and he said he even tried to talk to David about that because it was not true. Rick stated that Elvis would never commit suicide. So if you want to talk against David that is fine, but please leave Rick out of it. I know Rick and his only desire is to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He has never stated anything negative about Elvis and he always has a nice word about Elvis and how grateful he is to the Lord on giving him a chance to meet such a wonderful person

Rockin

Backstage Pass
    David Stanley WAS and still is a NOBODY who got very lucky in the fact that his mother married Vernon Presley, who IMO chased after Vernon in the same way Priscilla chased after Elvis..........harsh words they may seem but it is just my opinion.

TCB Mafia
    Is Ricky the blond one??

Who was the one who had a crush on Priscilla?

Ricky is the blond one. David who had the crush on Priscilla.

Backstage Pass
    I agree with Vulcandude. They were only there for the money.

I saw this on YT...it's a clip from the movie the Headhunter..
    click on the link...

franny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fLPo9DzzuM

Quote Originally Posted by diamond View Post
    David Stanley WAS and still is a NOBODY who got very lucky in the fact that his mother married Vernon Presley, who IMO chased after Vernon in the same way Priscilla chased after Elvis..........harsh words they may seem but it is just my opinion.

One big difference, Dee was a middle-aged married woman and Priscilla was a 15 yr old girl being hit on by the biggest star in the world. Not sure many 15 yr old girls wouldn't have gone hell for leather to keep him.

David Stanley

Quote Originally Posted by T_J View Post
    One big difference, Dee was a middle-aged married woman and Priscilla was a 15 yr old girl being hit on by the biggest star in the world. Not sure many 15 yr old girls wouldn't have gone hell for leather to keep him.
    I agree that Dee only married Vernon for the Presley's money, but Priscilla truly loved Elvis. She never was a gold-digger like Dee. The Stanleys were all rotten. Priscilla wasn't.

TCB Mafia
    I can only agree here vulcandude

Riley

I don?t agree with some of you. The Stanley?s were kids then and you can?t blame them for their mother?s intentions. Another thing is what some of them do now . Besides I think is wrong to say everyone that was there with him were just for their own profit, friendship is a combination of give and take and Elvis was no different from us mortals, he took the same as he gave and it seems he was a demanding boss too as well as generous and big hearted.
    I just try to understand every side of their stories even though I don?t like any of them in particular.
    Well... yes Elvis is my favorite with no doubt

The Stanleys

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I don?t agree with some of you. The Stanley?s were kids then and you can?t blame them for their mother?s intentions. Another thing is what some of them do now . Besides I think is wrong to say everyone that was there with him were just for their own profit, friendship is a combination of give and take and Elvis was no different from us mortals, he took the same as he gave and it seems he was a demanding boss too as well as generous and big hearted.
    I just try to understand every side of their stories even though I don?t like any of them in particular.
    Well... yes Elvis is my favorite with no doubt
    Elvis might have been a demanding boss from time to time, but I think that far outweighed his generosity to those around him. I believe the Stanley brothers, just like their mother, knew what they were doing. They wanted the money, glory, and fame of being associated with Elvis, and Elvis got screwed. This isn't to say that there weren't those in the "Memphis Mafia" that didn't end up the same way. I think some of the people in Elvis' group started out as his friends, but later turned into blood sucking leeches.

Thanks for the clip of The Headhunter Franny. I don't think I want to see this one, it made me sick. The portrayal of David was good but the one of Elvis was disgusting and so were some of the scenes. Nope, don't want to see that one.

"Ditto" Diane, I agree with you on so many levels and I think that you know that Cool... Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

I know Dovey, thanks and it goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    I saw this on YT...it's a clip from the movie the Headhunter..
    click on the link...

franny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fLPo9DzzuM

At the risk of breaking any rules, I just gotta say
    what a BLEEPhead that guy is.

Wow!!! what an exciting world David lived in. It's a shame he was the only one in it

Lets all of us get together and make our own Elvis movie. We can call it "Elvis And The Rest Of Us". I'm sure it would be without question, more accurate and truthful.

Get your own life David!! You've well worn out your Elvis ties!!
    If your an Elvis fan, no explanation is necessary....
    If your not, no explanation is possible!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast