Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas For Your Site

Ideas For Your Site

I think it would be good if TCB world had a "Elvis Book section", where you could discuss it and give reviews of it. Also, maybe have a "Elvis Lyrics" section where you have lyrics to each of his songs and give information about each song.

Anyhow, just some ideas for you, so if you dont use them it;s okay because I love tcb world anyway!

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Songman View Post
    I think it would be good if TCB world had a "Elvis Book section", where you could discuss it and give reviews of it. Also, maybe have a "Elvis Lyrics" section where you have lyrics to each of his songs and give information about each song.

Anyhow, just some ideas for you, so if you dont use them it;s okay because I love tcb world anyway!
    Hi
    I cant speak for the other members but like your suggestion. I like the idea that you have taken a look at the site and thought it needed something adding, good for you

It is a good suggestion and i am totally for this idea.
    Some of you all never been down South too much...
    I'm gonna tell you a little story, so you'll understand where I'm talking about

Hello friends,

As a member of the TCB-World team, let me start by saying we do of course welcome any comments and / or suggestions from members regarding improvements and additions we could make to improve your visiting experience even further.

Whilst we aren't saying say yes or no at this time, rest assured your suggestions are heard.

Don't forget also that, some ideas take longer to get off the ground than others, and often things are worked on by the team behind the scenes long before they ever go live on the forum.

TCB-World hasn't finished yet (we're just getting warmed up), there are plenty more ideas in the pipeline so stay tuned and keep visiting.

Thanks.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    I'll second what Spinout just stated, and we are truly appreciative of any ideas or suggestions you present, and yes - they are looked at and discussed to determine if they would be of benefit.

Just let me say thank you for the comments & suggestions, and please feel free to voice anymore you may have - we'd enjoy hearing them

Thanks everyone
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I like both ideas.

Book review: I'm still not sure what would be better: a forum with just the information of the books and then a forum with review only. This way the information and reviews are seperated. Or just have one forum, with a topic for each book, wether or not the information is accompanied by a review?

songtext: I love that idea. One whole topic for a song. Here we can put information like songtexts, amount of takes, recordingdates, etc. It'll be a huge task, but all fans could post information.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Let me just echo the sentiments of the other moderators in this thread that you have definitely come up with some great ideas, Mr. Songman!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your continued support of TCB-World! We really do appreciate it!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Will these ideas ever be implemented???????
    "Before Elvis there was nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Songman View Post
    Will these ideas ever be implemented???????
    Well, it might keep everyone out of trouble.
    Seriously. I belong to another site that reviews books.
    I enjoy it very much !
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

those suggestions are wonderful.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I think that would be a great addition to this fantastic site!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I have to agree. There are many great Elvis books (and just as many poor ones). I will discuss it with fellow moderators how we will set this up and who will maintain the info/moderate it

Thanks for the input folks
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Backstage Pass President Presley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    songtext: I love that idea. One whole topic for a song. Here we can put information like songtexts, amount of takes, recordingdates, etc. It'll be a huge task, but all fans could post information.

Yes, and add a link to the video of that song on YouTube,
    so we can watch and hear the song as well
    "Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!".
    Groucho Marx

Cadillac King
    I would love to see a lyrics section. After all these years, there are still some songs that I have no idea what he is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by CRITTERGITTER View Post
    I would love to see a lyrics section. After all these years, there are still some songs that I have no idea what he is saying.
    Donīt worry about it. According to Elvis RCA had no idea either untill 1970.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I have to agree. There are many great Elvis books (and just as many poor ones). I will discuss it with fellow moderators how we will set this up and who will maintain the info/moderate it

Look forward to seeing how these idea's progress Albert

International Level rhythmknights's Avatar
    Mr. Songman, love these ideas myself. i don't read books about Elvis anymore - last one i read was the Guralnick books, excellent books both of them - enough said. I do read books where Elvis is the main or secondary character - I like fiction - 'course fiction could describe some of the books about the man
    Wouldn't mind having a book club chatroom/thread night - that could be good!

Lyrics - now that is a great idea. i've invested quite a bit of time and money in printer ink - i'm developing my own lyric book. 'course, i've found a ton of sites devoted to Elvis song lyrics. good luck guys, hope these appear soon!
    All I wanted was a white knight with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset Baby, I'm forever yours

A book forum, like the FTD forum, sounds great!

The book forum is the best idea I've heard in awhile, I think everyone would love it. As for moderators.....Getlo and Cameron would have lots to offer from 2 different angles. Just don't let them moderate at the same time!Or..if it's a "slow" day put them on at the same time..it wouldn't be dull, that's for sure!!

great idea, i have lots of elvis realted books and can give some input or advice on the ones i have read and recive the same back.
    elvislady

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast