Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheila Ryan Writes A Book

Post Sheila Ryan Writes A Book

Sonicpastmusic.com has signed Sheila Ryan Caan, former fianc?e of Elvis and ex wife of James Caan, to a book and movie deal. Sheila has written 1000 pages about her life with Elvis and her. According to the press release, the book...

Link To Original Article
    Here you can discuss the latest Elvisnews

Fiancee', huh? Yeah right...and I'm gonna win the lottery next year, too....

(I cannot stand Sheila Ryan...she's as fake as a $4.00 bill and her snotty attitude does nothing for her, either....)

Fake and snotty attitudes is what sells!
    Everyone else has written a book on Elvis, why not a former "fianc?e"...should be a best seller!!

franny

http://www.sonicpastmusic.com/sheilaryan.asp

Here's the link to an interview with Sheila Ryan by Elvis Australia.

Cadillac King
    1000 pages? In a 2 year relationship?!!!!!!!!

Holy smokes. I would'nt really hold my breath on this one. Sheila, apart from some moments, has basically come across as really not enjoying the experience with Elvis.

Former fiancee indeed. Bullshit to get a book to sell
    sincerely, Scott, a 15 year old Elvis fan

prayers to Jackie my auntie in law, and R.I.P Charlie Hodge, both victims of cancer

I'm not surprised she wants to tell her story and try to sell it.

She was one of his girlfriends but, to be honest, I'd be more curious to read a book from Linda Thompson than from Sheila!

Same here, Ale, i?m curious for the book from Linda Thompson, but .. Sheila? No...

Sheila Ryan

She must be running short of money

Cadillac King

Sheila Ryan writes a book

Sheila Ryan writing memoir: Next to Priscilla and Linda Thompson, Sheila Ryan is the next best known of Elvis' partners in the 1970s. She is also known as a Playboy Cover Girl (October 1973). Once married to film and TV star, James Caan, Ms Ryan is writing her memoir called "Fame On Me".

Elvis World's Bill E. Burk says: " 'Tis said Sheila will reveal a lot of their "pillow talk" in her book and has access to a ton of Elvis photos". (News, Source: Bill E. Burk/EIN)

http://janetcharltonshollywood.com/

We can never get enough of Elvis and now we have a new book to look forward to that promises a truly inside glimpse at his many idiosyncrasies. We first met Sheila Caan (she was Sheila Ryan in those days) when she plopped herself down on a lounge chair next to us at the pool at 999 Doheny Drive . It was the height of swinging Hollywood in the 70's and this was the hippest high-rise building near Sunset Strip. Sheila was a naturally pretty blonde who was DATING Elvis Presley! Her romance with Elvis lasted from '73 to '75 when she met and married James Caan. Now she's written a juicy book about her time with Elvis called FAME ON ME and she's almost ready to shop it around to publishers. I asked Sheila to slip me a few tidbits about Elvis that I didn't already know. She told me he was shy, and got nervous on first dates. She said he loved Pink Panther movies and ate something called "hamburger steak" every night for a year. Best of all, she revealed he was proud of his "webbed toes" - he thought he had them because he was born a twin (His brother Jesse died at birth.) WE always thought webbed toes came from inbreeding - as in marrying one's cousin! Whatever - we can't wait to get our hands on FAME ON ME!
    Posted by Janet Charlton on November 3, 2006 3:12 pm

Why is there always a put-down, such as, "webbed toes came from inbreeding - as in marrying one's cousin"?

http://www.sonicpastmusic.com/sheilaryan.asp heres a web page click on the link to here elvis introduce sheila ryan.
    elvislady

again i'm sure not surprised she is writing a tale, not a book, if you ever saw her in person as i did, way back in 76, she was a totally arogant woman, if you were taking pics of elvis CANDIDLY, she was always cold, to the fans believe me, i liked that E.P. had her faded out of his life, she was one of the nasty ones always tailing ESPOSITO when in public, GOOD GOD , you live long enough and things like this just don't surprise you, it seems everybody has let ELVIS down, these wern't friends, girlfriends, i just wish E.P was here and wrote his memoirs about all these vultures.

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by cprimm View Post
    http://janetcharltonshollywood.com/

We can never get enough of Elvis and now we have a new book to look forward to that promises a truly inside glimpse at his many idiosyncrasies. We first met Sheila Caan (she was Sheila Ryan in those days) when she plopped herself down on a lounge chair next to us at the pool at 999 Doheny Drive . It was the height of swinging Hollywood in the 70's and this was the hippest high-rise building near Sunset Strip. Sheila was a naturally pretty blonde who was DATING Elvis Presley! Her romance with Elvis lasted from '73 to '75 when she met and married James Caan. Now she's written a juicy book about her time with Elvis called FAME ON ME and she's almost ready to shop it around to publishers. I asked Sheila to slip me a few tidbits about Elvis that I didn't already know. She told me he was shy, and got nervous on first dates. She said he loved Pink Panther movies and ate something called "hamburger steak" every night for a year. Best of all, she revealed he was proud of his "webbed toes" - he thought he had them because he was born a twin (His brother Jesse died at birth.) WE always thought webbed toes came from inbreeding - as in marrying one's cousin! Whatever - we can't wait to get our hands on FAME ON ME!
    Posted by Janet Charlton on November 3, 2006 3:12 pm

Why is there always a put-down, such as, "webbed toes came from inbreeding - as in marrying one's cousin"?

Thanks for the link...........that site is now in my favourites

This is also in the news section on Sonicpastmusic.com. I didn't notice this on the interview but: "The New Big New's the Elvis Presley project, yes a near released book and movie for TV at this point are in the works. Sonic Past Music has made a deal with Sheila Ryan Caan who was the Kings main squeeze and lived in the Graceland Palace and saw it all and wrote it down, took pictures, and man she sure can tell the story like it really was, so stay tuned to SPM and Keep Coming Back Jack!"

A movie for TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverTheKing View Post

I'd be more curious to read a book from Linda Thompson than from Sheila!
    Yeah so would i...seems like everyone who ever met, or knew Elvis has to write a book. That's not a bad thing mind you, but it is when they are just doing it to make money.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Why is eveybody against Sheila Ryan ? What did she do ?
    I?m just curious reading your posts....

Quote Originally Posted by elvispresleyfan1935 View Post
    Yeah so would i...seems like everyone who ever met, or knew Elvis has to write a book. That's not a bad thing mind you, but it is when they are just doing it to make money.
    Ginger alden didnt write a book, but she did a interview.
    http://www.essentialelvis.com/Interv...ingerAlden.htm
    elvislady

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Why is eveybody against Sheila Ryan ? What did she do ?
    I?m just curious reading your posts....
    Im not quite sure why there would be so much negative reaction to Sheila.I cant recall her ever saying anything bad about Elvis ever.I think she has reffered to Elvis as the most talented performer that ever lived.These people that actually knew Elvis all get asked to write books.If we were in their shoes could you resist if offered money to tell your story?Look at all the questions about Elvis on the messageboards and people always wanting to know more about him.If the people around him didnt tell their stories where would be be?Sheila and Elvis were very close so I bet she could really write an interesting book if she wanted.She was also present during a turbulent time in Elvis life and may be able to give some insight.Hold off judgement until you read it.I've noticed that Linda Thompson is the only one close to Elvis who the fans go easy on.She is also going to write a book but nobody will question her motives because of the way she is perceived.Basically im just saying it's unfair to judge Sheila harshly until you read what she has to say.
    Jak

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Im not quite sure why there would be so much negative reaction to Sheila.I cant recall her ever saying anything bad about Elvis ever.I think she has reffered to Elvis as the most talented performer that ever lived.These people that actually knew Elvis all get asked to write books.If we were in their shoes could you resist if offered money to tell your story?Look at all the questions about Elvis on the messageboards and people always wanting to know more about him.If the people around him didnt tell their stories where would be be?Sheila and Elvis were very close so I bet she could really write an interesting book if she wanted.She was also present during a turbulent time in Elvis life and may be able to give some insight.Hold off judgement until you read it.I've noticed that Linda Thompson is the only one close to Elvis who the fans go easy on.She is also going to write a book but nobody will question her motives because of the way she is perceived.Basically im just saying it's unfair to judge Sheila harshly until you read what she has to say.
    Jak

You are right Jak. I?m curious about what she has to say. I Like to read the books of people who were there. Even though sometimes they write things you don?t like that don?t makes me like Elvis less and we already know he wasn?t perfect and all that stuff ...blah blah blah... I wouldn?t like him if he were.
    And yes, everybody has wrote their books for money and I don?t care at all. The only thing that makes me mad is when you discover they have made up stories or situations just to defend themselves.

I dont have a problem with anybody putting a book out as long as its an honest one.As Donut said the problem comes when they fabricate stories or make outlandish claims that are lies.I kinda look forward to her book because she never really has told her whole story.Maybe she will tell us some interesting stuff.I havent even bought the Schilling book yet because I know it has nothing really new in it.He's a good guy but ive heard his stories over and over basically.Sheila's book may be different I hope.Let's just wait and see.
    Jak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast