Thread: Elvis Jumpsit help

Backstage Pass Wild_In_The_Country's Avatar

Elvis Jumpsit help

I am making a Jumpsuit for a Museum in Russia,
    I started making a "sundial" suit, that i coppied from here... http://www.jumpsuitsfitforaking.com/suits/sundial.html
    However it is Highly in accurate to the Real Sundial suit, and i never had any close pictures of it at the time of making, Lucky it was a Rough suit,

Now the part that i need help with, Does anyone know where i can find a Jumpsuit pattern??? the jumpsuit i made is fine itself, but i the colour could be improved. (i will post some pics tomorrow)

So i am looking for a pattern and maybe some ideas of an easyer suit but it has to be a later suit, 73 onwards, I was thinking gypsy suit, but all ideas and knoalge is welcome,

My Sundial Suit

There are many pics of Elvis' sundial suit. This is one that I made for myself because I have done Elvis shows for many years. Due to health not any more however. I loved doing them and had much fun making these suits, I tried to make them as close as possible to the kings, and within my budget. Long live the king!!! You can do it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1003998.jpg  
    Last edited by MIElvis; 11-06-2006 at 03:40 PM.

Backstage Pass Wild_In_The_Country's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MIElvis View Post
    There are many pics of Elvis' sundial suit. This is one that I made for myself because I have done Elvis shows for many years. Due to health not any more however. I loved doing them and had much fun making these suits, I tried to make them as close as possible to the kings, and within my budget. Long live the king!!! You can do it!
    wow, looks great, any tips or advice?
    where can i find the studs and stones? any idea?.
    Many thanks

Most of the studs you can find through the internet just be aware that part of that had round mirrors in it. The actual design was on the colored fabric then I fabric painted it. applied all the studs and trim and sewed onto the body of the suit. Take your time and draw designs on paper until you are happy.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MIElvis View Post
    You did a really good job on making this one MIElvis ...it does look similiar to the original Mexican Sundial .
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Thank You, thank you very much