Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elvis' grave

Thanks Jak and I am in complete agreement with you too. There ARE actually things people don't need to know.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    I agree with the above statements and would add something else.Personally I think no matter what happened to Elvis body its none of the fan's business.That's a private family matter and just because Elvis led a public life
    doesnt give us a right to know every intimate detail.The family doesnt need to prove he's dead.That's a joke and I still cant believe to this day people still ask questions about the possibility he didnt die that day back in 1977.
    Jak

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Thanks Jak and I am in complete agreement with you too. There ARE actually things people don't need to know.

There are also things that sometimes once you know, you can't forget again. In this situation there are things I have read regarding his physical health at the end, from people that would know,that I wish I could lose from my mind forever.

You are right JDD, there are some things best not known. I think you must be thinking of the book The Death of Elvis that was on another thread? I still haven't made up my mind on that one. From what you and others have said it is a tough one to take.

Seriously does anybody really think He's not gone at this point?
    Last edited by JDD; 10-22-2006 at 09:11 PM. Reason: double post

Diane its a very informative book, I learned a lot, but in the end a lot of it was stuff like you said that I didn't need to know. Unless you really just have a driving need to find out how many problems the guy had at the end, then I'd say skip it. Not that it wasn't what I wanted before hand because it was, it had all the info but it was pretty harsh to hear.

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    There is many questions on if Elvis is dead or if he alive. As Leroy have said things doesn't add up. When you see the evidence in front of you and look real closely that certains things doesn't add up correctly. Do I think he is alive? I can't really say. Do I think he is dead? I can't really say either. Does he have a Death Certificate? Well, yes he does but things on that is not right either, for example his weight. Well, you might say that is the weight after all organs and such is out of the body. Well, that isn't so because I know people who are in that line of work and they weight the bodies before the organs are taken out. Next, his favorite rings and photos of his mother has been missing since his death. Ok, they might be in the secret room since we know Graceland has one. Also other things doesn't seem right. He has a value driver's licence. He insurance was never claim and so on. But these could be just things that makes fans think he alive. Could he fake his death? Yes, he could. He had the power to do so. But someone said that it would of leak out by now. If done right it wouldn't been leak out. For example, Howard Hughes. There is a small period of time that no one knew where he was. When Hughes finally passed away. FBI didn't believe that was the true Howard Hughes until they performed the fingerprint test to see if he truely who he was. Same in Elvis' case. There is proof that he is dead and proof that he is alive. It may be morbid to dig him up or find the organs but it needs to be done so that we know if he is truely dead or truely alive. Now if he did survive August 16, 1977, I would say he would be dead by now. Charlie Hodge said in a interview that he overheard the doctor that Elvis had cancer. If he had cancer or in this case as it was said "bone cancer". The odds of him living a while is very slim unless treated by professionals in hospitals. But I am not the ones who thinks he is alive. I am one of those who says that "If he is dead, then he is dead. But if he is alive, then leave the man alone. He gave us so much during the years he was with us that he doesn't need to prove to us anymore that he still got it."

I can?t believe anyone can think Elvis is alive or didn?t die in 77. It?s obvious he died just watching in the state he was in his later years.
    And the most important thing... his family don?t need to prove he died is the people who think he is alive who have to prove that.

International Level

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    There is many questions on if Elvis is dead or if he alive. As Leroy have said things doesn't add up. When you see the evidence in front of you and look real closely that certains things doesn't add up correctly. Do I think he is alive? I can't really say. Do I think he is dead? I can't really say either. Does he have a Death Certificate? Well, yes he does but things on that is not right either, for example his weight. Well, you might say that is the weight after all organs and such is out of the body. Well, that isn't so because I know people who are in that line of work and they weight the bodies before the organs are taken out. Next, his favorite rings and photos of his mother has been missing since his death. Ok, they might be in the secret room since we know Graceland has one. Also other things doesn't seem right. He has a value driver's licence. He insurance was never claim and so on. But these could be just things that makes fans think he alive. Could he fake his death? Yes, he could. He had the power to do so. But someone said that it would of leak out by now. If done right it wouldn't been leak out. For example, Howard Hughes. There is a small period of time that no one knew where he was. When Hughes finally passed away. FBI didn't believe that was the true Howard Hughes until they performed the fingerprint test to see if he truely who he was. Same in Elvis' case. There is proof that he is dead and proof that he is alive. It may be morbid to dig him up or find the organs but it needs to be done so that we know if he is truely dead or truely alive. Now if he did survive August 16, 1977, I would say he would be dead by now. Charlie Hodge said in a interview that he overheard the doctor that Elvis had cancer. If he had cancer or in this case as it was said "bone cancer". The odds of him living a while is very slim unless treated by professionals in hospitals. But I am not the ones who thinks he is alive. I am one of those who says that "If he is dead, then he is dead. But if he is alive, then leave the man alone. He gave us so much during the years he was with us that he doesn't need to prove to us anymore that he still got it."

No disrespect; but this is a perfect example of people believing what they read or what they are told without questioning the information and the accuracy of it.

Contrary to popular belief, Elvis was not morbidly obese when he died. He was overweight, but not the extent that people assume.

Which rings are missing? His TCB ring is at Graceland as are many others. Photo's of his parents are of a very personal nature, and he does have other family members who may like to have some of them.

The Insurance thing; from London im guessing? Elvis made inquiries about it; but never paid on it. Since he never paid on it, there was no life insurance policy for his father to claim.

The Bone Cancer thing has been said over and over on this board. It was Vernon who said it to Charlie and the reasons have been outlined before.

Finally; Elvis does not need to be dug up as you put it. He is dead, and he never will be dug up to please some fans who have a problem in accepting the fact that he is dead. Quite frankly I find that thought quite pungent, some fans need to start accepting the fact he's dead instead of making crazy calls to have his body exhumed to find out for sure. Let the man rest in peace; sure talk about him, his life, his actions, his legacy but postulating that he be exhumed........well.......im just glad it will never happen, regardless how many people call for it.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

But is like I have said I didn't say he was alive. Nor did I say he is dead. About his life Insurance. Not the one from London. He had Life Insurance that was filed but was never collected. Never. But as for the rings. The TCB ring that you see at Graceland is not the original. That is one of his many TCB rings. The thing that can tell that from the original is that EP is not on each and every diamond. The original TCB ring had EP on each and every diamond. How do I know this? Because of the fact I know someone who has one of the TCB rings that was given by Elvis to a lady he knew in Macon. He came here to Macon to see this lady who is still alive and is around 75 years old. She said when looked at each and every diamond you can clearly see EP on each diamond. Well, how can you tell when that TCB ring at Graceland doesn't have the EP on each diamond. Because I know someone who went to Graceland and use the piece that looks real closely at diamonds and he didn't see EP on the diamonds. The lady does thinks he is dead and did go to the funeral as well. She said it look like him in the coffin. But she said that many things doesn't add up in his death. Also things back in the 80s happen that seem to be odd. For one, a Magazine that was printed in 1983 had a nice article of Ali and he told of the day he gave Elvis the boxing gloves and Elvis gave Ali the robe. Well, there was a picture that appeared in that magazine that showed Ali with his wife at the time and someone in a wheel chair. The person in the wheel chair looks like Elvis. There was no write up that said that was Elvis in the wheel chair. Well, a few days later that magazine was disappearing off of shelves. That Magazine was only printed and sold here in Georgia. I know someone who owned a store at that time who had lot of those magazines. He will tell you that they wasn't selling to good. That someone came up and wanted to buy all the copies of that magazine. Why would someone wanted about 300 to 400 copies of the same magazine? Seem odd to me. As for his weight. You honestly think at the time of his death that he weigh 170 LBS. He was over weight. The way Elvis was built and everything counting his height. 170LBS would be a normal weight for him. He had to weigh over 200 LBS at the time of his death. But as I have said I not saying he is alive. I do think he is dead but it just things doesn't add up all the way. I said "if (if being the key word) he is alive then leave the man alone. He had everything to give us and doesn't need to prove himself anymore."

Also another thing, why did a few years ago that EPE, Priscilla, and Lisa agree to have him dig up but then a few days later said no?

They should of said no to begin with.

Also another thing, why did a few years ago that EPE, Priscilla, and Lisa agree to have him dig up but then a few days later said no?

Just curious , where did you hear thsi and When did this happen? Its the first I've ever heard that.

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    I agree with the above statements and would add something else.Personally I think no matter what happened to Elvis body its none of the fan's business.That's a private family matter and just because Elvis led a public life
    doesnt give us a right to know every intimate detail.The family doesnt need to prove he's dead.That's a joke and I still cant believe to this day people still ask questions about the possibility he didnt die that day back in 1977.
    Jak
    I agree with both you guys.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Is it really that important? I mean if he is dead or alive? In anyways he is gone, that is the truth, we can not see him, we can not touch him, the only way we can experience him is to stay dependent on what he left, and what he gave us. We feel him aaaaaaaaalllll arrrooound? Am i wrong?
    I actually do not care what happend to his body, when someone dies her/his body rots, hard to accept maybe but yes, as we all know it rots. Why do we visit Graceland, or the Meditation Garden? I did visit there once too, and i have plans to revisit it in 2007. Visiting graves is symbolic, yes we do visit his grave but, even if he is bruied down there or not, he is actually not there, maybe his bones yes, but he is not. His spiritual existance is all around, it's easy to feel it when you visit Graceland. That's the important part of it, to feel his spiritual existance...
    Just leave him alone, dead or alive he is with us, we all know how much he did care about his fans, don't we? Yes we all agree that he should be buried next to his mother, maybe he is, maybe he is not, but i am sure that he is, or will be, with his mother in heaven.
    I do LOVE ELVIS with aaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllll my heart, and i know he does love me, as he does love you all. He is the one, we are with him, and he is with us
    Last edited by Fire-Eyes; 10-24-2006 at 07:13 AM.
    Long Live The King...

International Level

Cool

But is like I have said I didn't say he was alive. Nor did I say he is dead. About his life Insurance. Not the one from London. He had Life Insurance that was filed but was never collected. Never. But as for the rings. The TCB ring that you see at Graceland is not the original. That is one of his many TCB rings. The thing that can tell that from the original is that EP is not on each and every diamond. The original TCB ring had EP on each and every diamond. How do I know this? Because of the fact I know someone who has one of the TCB rings that was given by Elvis to a lady he knew in Macon. He came here to Macon to see this lady who is still alive and is around 75 years old. She said when looked at each and every diamond you can clearly see EP on each diamond. Well, how can you tell when that TCB ring at Graceland doesn't have the EP on each diamond. Because I know someone who went to Graceland and use the piece that looks real closely at diamonds and he didn't see EP on the diamonds. The lady does thinks he is dead and did go to the funeral as well. She said it look like him in the coffin. But she said that many things doesn't add up in his death. Also things back in the 80s happen that seem to be odd. For one, a Magazine that was printed in 1983 had a nice article of Ali and he told of the day he gave Elvis the boxing gloves and Elvis gave Ali the robe. Well, there was a picture that appeared in that magazine that showed Ali with his wife at the time and someone in a wheel chair. The person in the wheel chair looks like Elvis. There was no write up that said that was Elvis in the wheel chair. Well, a few days later that magazine was disappearing off of shelves. That Magazine was only printed and sold here in Georgia. I know someone who owned a store at that time who had lot of those magazines. He will tell you that they wasn't selling to good. That someone came up and wanted to buy all the copies of that magazine. Why would someone wanted about 300 to 400 copies of the same magazine? Seem odd to me. As for his weight. You honestly think at the time of his death that he weigh 170 LBS. He was over weight. The way Elvis was built and everything counting his height. 170LBS would be a normal weight for him. He had to weigh over 200 LBS at the time of his death. But as I have said I not saying he is alive. I do think he is dead but it just things doesn't add up all the way. I said "if (if being the key word) he is alive then leave the man alone. He had everything to give us and doesn't need to prove himself anymore."

Again no disrepect; but where do you get this trash? And do you actually believe what you just wrote? If so, there is no point in me continuing to debate this with you.

Elvis hangs around with Ali the whole time.......jeez!

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    Just curious , where did you hear thsi and When did this happen? Its the first I've ever heard that.

It never did happen. Families can't just exhume bodies willy nilly, it's againt the law.

I din't say it was Elvis in the picture. I said it looked like Elvis. That doesn't mean it was Elvis. But why would that magazine disappear for? Where did I get this from? I know someone who has that magazine and it was publish here in Gerogia when Ali was down here back in late 82. Priscilla and family along with EPE said that they was going to dig him up back in aroud 93 or 94. I saw it on the news. CNN news cover it for over a day saying that they was going to lay it to rest once and for all. Then, a few days later they said no we are not going to do this. I can't believe anyone doesn't remember that. I remember they showed outside of Graceland with a line in front of it. At that time it was live and it happen during the summer when they annouce that they was going to dig him up. I have a friend who will be letting me borrow the tape he recorded that day and a few days later. It was also in some news papers as well. Here in Macon had the headline "Elvis to be dug up". They showed a picture of him in the coffin. Under that picture was the line "since this picture no one has seen Elvis but family wants to leave no doubts that Elvis is dead." I use to have that newspaper but it got destory back in 2000. I didn't know it was in my storage building and the dampness got to it and ruined it.

Would the newspaper in question be the "Weekly World News" supermarket tabloid that keeps us updated on batboy?
    Jak

Would the newspaper in question be the "Weekly World News" supermarket tabloid that keeps us updated on batboy?
    Jak

Nope, it is the Macon Telegraph. It is a local newspaper. They tell of current events in the world just like a regular newspaper does.

Jak

Nope, it is the Macon Telegraph. It is a local newspaper. They tell of current events in the world just like a regular newspaper does. Go to www.macon.com to see what the paper tells about as of today.

"ELVIS PRESLEY FAN RECALLS MACON MOMENT BEFORE THE KING'S DEATH

Source: Ed Grisamore, TELEGRAPH STAFF WRITER
    Paulette Fountain cried the day Elvis Presley died. She was at home when her cousin called with the sad news. Tears rolled down her cheeks and fell at her feet. The date was Aug. 16, 1977. That was 29 years ago today. Two months earlier, the King had almost stepped on those same feet after his concert at the Macon Coliseum. Lord have mercy, if that had happened she might never have washed her feet again. Just like the fork. She has never washed the fork. "It will never

Published on August 16, 2006, Page 1, Macon Telegraph, The (GA)"

The above from the archives.

I remember reading many of the original August 17th 1977 obituaries, including "The Times" of London UK. A very poor effort!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast