Thread: Home next to Graceland for sale...

Home next to Graceland for sale...

I saw this on EIN...
    click on the link below...

franny

Home next to Graceland for sale on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Bedroom-home-n...QQcmdZViewItem

Iv'e got my fingure crossed that I win the euro lottery this weekend. As this will be the first thing that I will buy

Pacer , If you win the Euro Lottery you can buy a house in a nicer neighborhood and still have money to go to Graceland and stay in the best hotels and get driven there in a Limo. I hate to knock the city I was born in but they could use some help making things nicer, and safer in that area of town these days Especially after dark .

It would have been fun back when Elvis was alive to have a home in that area, odds would have been at some point you'd cross paths with him.

After the audubon drive situation I can't imagine why anyone would ever buy a home online, even before that, site unseen I don't think I would risk it.

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    Pacer , If you win the Euro Lottery you can buy a house in a nicer neighborhood and still have money to go to Graceland and stay in the best hotels and get driven there in a Limo. I hate to knock the city I was born in but they could use some help making things nicer, and safer in that area of town these days Especially after dark .

It would have been fun back when Elvis was alive to have a home in that area, odds would have been at some point you'd cross paths with him.

After the audubon drive situation I can't imagine why anyone would ever buy a home online, even before that, site unseen I don't think I would risk it.

Hello fellow Memphian! Nice to see you! And... I totally agree! A great place to visit now, but not neccesarily to live in anymore.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Quote Originally Posted by Menwithbrokenhearts View Post
    Hello fellow Memphian! Nice to see you! And... I totally agree! A great place to visit now, but not neccesarily to live in anymore.
    You too Huh? Hello. Yeah I've been gone for a good while now and I have less and less family left to visit there every year, but I still have Elvis and usually meet some nice Elvis fans so I try and stop in every June. Next time I'm going to have to drive back up the side road there and snap a few photos of some of the houses that have been brought up on this forum the last year or so, Vernon's old one mainly . There is some nice homes back in through there, but its become a high crime area compared to where I live now anyway.

Backstage Pass
    I am very sorry to hear that Memphis has turned out that way and that it was so bad you had to move, that is very sad

I'm so sorry to hear that about Memphis. I guess I idealized it over the years. Charles we used to live in Seattle years ago and it's grown and changed drastically too. I don't know about the crime rate there now though. I hope it has escaped that part of what progress brings.

I'm sure Memphis still has a lot of good things going for it though. It's still the heart of Rock and Roll, Soul and Country music, well maybe Nashville is Country.

Too much money for such a little home...
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

The new redevelopment plans for Graceland and the surrounding areas are to improve that community drastically in the near future so they can boost Graceland tours to a new level. Robert FX Sillerman, the guy in charge of EPE and Graceland now is the mastermind behind all of this and has gotten the Memphis city leaders to back him. My friend Lakeisha lives there and she knows more about it than I do. But that's what I do know of as of right now.

International Level Suspicious Minds's Avatar
    It's too much because of Graceland next door. According some reports I read on these forums Memphis is not a tidy place. After what Elvis did for Memphis apart from owning most of Memphis the council could have tidied up Memphis for the thousands of tourist they receive every year. I wouldn't go to a untidy place. Graceland must be the tidiest place for it's visitors.
    Frank

Every man has a flaming star

I think I could find a nicer house if I won the lottery.I have family in Memphis and go back every couple of years.I always visit Graceland while Im there and think its a magical place.However I can't for the life of me see why one of the top payed artists of all time would live in that neighborhood. The house itself is very nice but I think its way too close to its neighbors and on one of the bussiest roads in Memphis. The houses around Graceland are not of the highest quality and US 51 is very comercial right outside graceland.
    Having said all this Graceland is a great place to visit and you realy feel like you are close to Elvis when your in there.

Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    The new redevelopment plans for Graceland and the surrounding areas are to improve that community drastically in the near future so they can boost Graceland tours to a new level. Robert FX Sillerman, the guy in charge of EPE and Graceland now is the mastermind behind all of this and has gotten the Memphis city leaders to back him. My friend Lakeisha lives there and she knows more about it than I do. But that's what I do know of as of right now.
    You're right about Sillerman...I did read he wants to make Graceland into a Disneyworld type of tourist attraction, but whether or not he does that remains to be seen...That would mean more for sale signs in that area!

franny