Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite part of Graceland

Favorite part of Graceland

What would be your favorite part of the Graceland mansion?
    For me it is the Meditation Garden.
    It has a special place in my heart, because on August 10, 2005 i asked my girlfriend to marry me.
    And she said YES.
    We got married on May 19, 2006.
    Some of you all never been down South too much...
    I'm gonna tell you a little story, so you'll understand where I'm talking about

Congratulations!!!

I've never been to Graceland...I hope to go there soon!!
    But if I have to choose just one place, NO DOUBTS...the Meditation Garden!!
    Elvis loved that place and I it must be very touching to stay there now...next to Elvis for a while.

Mine is the Meditation Garden also, but for a different reason

I know many people feel closer to Elvis in the Mansion but for me
    it is 7:30 in the morning and very few people were there at that time in the Meditation Garden . "Awesome" .

When I was in the Mansion there were so many people pushing and there was so much to see... don't get me wrong.... I loved it..... but
    the Meditation Garden is where I could feel his presence. dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

I wonder if Elvis ever realized that when he had the Meditation Gardens built that he would lie at rest there?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I wonder if Elvis ever realized that when he had the Meditation Gardens built that he would lie at rest there?
    I don't think so Tony...but I can't imagine a better place for him to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    I do not believe Elvis is lying there. It's probably a decoy to prevent his body to be stolen. If Elvis would have been there he would have been buried between his father an mother. Now his stone is between his father and grandmother which is against his wishes. I believe the whole familie is put to rest in the mausoleum on Forest Hill.

Hmmm....can you explain the following video clip which shows Elvis and Glady's caskets being brought back to Graceland:

Elvis Relocated To Graceland

I can remember seeing that (or similar) Newscasts when they moved Him back to Graceland. Its amazing that someone thought to tape that and save it all these years . I believe he's there, they went to a lot of trouble to have it zoned to move the bodies there.

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    I only see a hearse driving through the gates. Maybe a casket or two but like I said I still believe it's a decoy to prevent bodynapping. The influence of the Presley family was huge, especially when Vernon was still alive and the Colonel still active in the background. And if you want a water tight story you go through the whole process.
    A very interesting theory...... would that mean Elvis would be in an unmarked grave? If Elvis is buried at Forest Hill, it's a pretty impressive secret to have been kept by those that work there for all these years

body

why would they do that,I mean the body is save now so they know what they were doing to bring to graceland.
    You can not walk in and go to the grave as you can do in forest hill and in graceland there is security i think

TCB Mafia
    Quote by funckyangel:

I do not believe Elvis is lying there. It's probably a decoy to prevent his body to be stolen. If Elvis would have been there he would have been buried between his father an mother. Now his stone is between his father and grandmother which is against his wishes. I believe the whole familie is put to rest in the mausoleum on Forest Hill.

I also find it so odd he is not resting beside his mother, since originally those were the two caskets retrieved from the cemetary.

Or perhaps Vernon ordered it that way because he knew he was soon going to die and would rest near his Gladys and near his son too perhaps he ordered it that way???

There seems to be one place left, who is going to be burried there?
    Lisa or Priscilla?

Riley

To me the Meditation Garden is one of the best things in/outside of Graceland. It is a very beautiful place. By the way, I truely believe that Elvis is burried there. He wasn't placed between his father and his mother, because his dad lived longer than Elvis himself (but the greatest joke is, that the grandmother was the last to go).

The Jungle Room is pretty cool, too. Elvis didn't care what other people think how to live tasteful. He just had is own style and furnished his house in his own way. I wish more people would do that.

Really don't know if Elvis' body is there or not but... do believe that
    his spirit is there!!! Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Backstage Pass
    i am with you on that one Leroy

I totaly agree with Dovey.
    I don't know if Elvis body is there or not but his SPIRIT is.
    But it is a very interesting theory.

We are getting in an other direction that is suppose to be.
    I put on a new thread with the question what would be your favourite part of Graceland.
    Now we are talking if Elvis body is buried at Graceland or not.
    And that was not my idea of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post

You have no idea of how many times I thought about the same thing,but I don't think he did.

Okay, here's the situation. In 1958 Gladys dies and was laid to rest on Forest Hill Cemetery. In 1977 Elvis dies and was laid to rest in a crypt in the mausoleum of the same cemetery. Gladys' ramains were also placed overthere. Then in October 1977 both bodies were (supposedly) transportated to the grounds of Graceland where there were buried along side in the Meditation Garden. Then Vernon died in 1979 and was placed between Elvis and his mother. Against Elvis' wishes. If Vernon had been placed on the left Elvis would have been between his parents which would have been the logical thing to do.
    Right now (if Elvis is indeed buried there) he's lying between his father and grandmother, which isn't logical at all.
    Im with you.It crosed my mind too,but it sounds like if you have doubts to whether he is buried there?I mean Lisa Marie stays there sometimes and other members of the family.Is weird and spooky a house with so many people buried in the yard.I don't think I could stay there.Sorry if I ofended anyone

re favorite part of graceland

i would love to go through the archives room. the one that is supposedly top secert that lisa showed oprah. i could see my self puttin on the gloves and going through each and evry artifact.

TCB Mafia
    Last night, I could not sleep very well and was thinking about this subject again.

I once read that Elvis had another request regarding his burial.

He insisted not to be put under the ground since he was afraid of the dark and never slept in complete dark rooms. He wanted to be burried above ground so it is strange that they choose to take him out of the mausoleum and put him under the ground in Graceland.

I'm not very informed about this subject but who choose the mausoleum for him in the first place, was it a place he knew he was going to be burried.

I never saw the mausoleum myself , I know it is still there .
    Perhaps other fans could inform me here. Are there still other people burried there and what happened to the space he was lying in.

Is it true that his mother was also in that mausoleum. I always tought she was burried under the ground at Forrest Hill and that the Jesus statue was put on her grave and that they moved her casket and the statue later on to Graceland grounds together with his remains.

Are there also unmarked graves in the mausoleum which could be his resting place.

I also heard rumours he is lying under the Jesus statue with the Presley name on it in the meditation garden.

What is truth what is fiction.
    There are so many contradictions.

His death remains a subject of mystery and gossip

Riley

My Favorite rooms are the jungle room, and the T.V. room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast