Thread: Turning the Tide.

Turning the Tide.

It may be time to take the bullshit by the horns, in a manner of speaking

The "Elvis is a racist" slur should be used to confront the people most affected. The African Americans and Elvis Presley fans. After all the media in one form or another is responsible for spreading the Lie.

So let them spread it again!!! By spreading the muck they will inadvertantly guide discerning readers to the........ real truth............... http://www.elvisinfonet.com/spotligh...ot_racist.html

Yes shout it from the mountain tops, "Elvis was a racist!"

The enormous amount of anti-Elvis publicity generated will no doubt be picked up by the international media.....which will in fact be shooting itself in the foot!
    Because of the Internet. We Elvis fans are empowered!!!

Irish logic:-)

well said maurice
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

Read in a book that Elvis dated a black girl (can?t remember her name) for a while after the divorce. I think she worked for him at Graceland. So there?s no way Elvis was a racist.

This is one of the best articles I've come across on Elvis! Thanks so much for posting it Maurice. It says it all......

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I don't care on how many pictures he's with coloured people, how many he knew or was friends with. Because those things say absolutely nothing about racist behaviour or opinion. So those pictures have no worth to me in discussions like these.

But besides that, there's no proof that Elvis had racist thoughts or expressed negative thoughts about non-white people.

It's more the problem of other people (like the ones that claim "Elvis stole Rock'n Roll from the black people"). If they claim it, let them proof it.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post

But besides that, there's no proof that Elvis had racist thoughts or expressed negative thoughts about non-white people.

It's more the problem of other people (like the ones that claim "Elvis stole Rock'n Roll from the black people"). If they claim it, let them proof it.
    Albert,I agree with what you are saying, but the photos do speak volumes.

Maybe you are misunderstanding me?

I agree with Albert.
    There's no proof of Elvis having racist thoughts ore having negative thoughts about non-white people.
    Some of you all never been down South too much...
    I'm gonna tell you a little story, so you'll understand where I'm talking about

Backstage Pass
    If I am not mistaken Elvis also dated the black actress in Change of Habit

????? Perhaps we speak a different language I'm not saying Elvis was a racist.................... just the opposite.

Elvis fans know by now what the story was all about. But the subject keeps resurfacing on Elvis message boards.

Let's deal it a death blow!

Backstage Pass
    I dont understand what you mean

maurice is saying elvis WAS NOT A RACIST.

what about the story of elvis paying the hospital bills for jackie wilson when he was in a coma all those years, if this is indeed true, ARGUEMENT OVER
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

Quote Originally Posted by diamond View Post
    If I am not mistaken Elvis also dated the black actress in Change of Habit
    You are correct.He also dated Myrna of the Sweet inspirations for a period of time if I remember correctly.
    Jak

Thanks geordie, the subject is addressed in depth on a few Elvis news websites, especially the Ausralian one.

You can take it for granted I know just about all the stories relating to Elvis and his generosity. I've been around the block a few times:-)
    Last edited by MauriceColgan; 10-08-2006 at 02:48 AM.

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    You are correct.He also dated Myrna of the Sweet inspirations for a period of time if I remember correctly.
    Jak

And if I am in right in thinking Myrna actually went on to marry Jerry Schilling

If I'm correct in all this Maurice the article you posted was all in defense of the slurs that were cast at Elvis being prejudiced against non whites and I found it to be very effective. I'm only posting again on the subject as there seems to be a tangle here over the article.

I've never heard that Elvis dated the actress on Change of Habit nor Myrna Smith. If he did more power to him! I did know that Myrna dated Jerry Shilling but not that they married. I don't think they did anyway, I thought the relationship just ran it's course and fell away. Can you clarify this?

Hi Diane, just a little misinterpretation..it happens all the time. The lies about Elvis being a racist have been put down good! We should make sure Elvis fans and everyone else knows the truth.

As for Myrna Smith and Jerry Schilling just search their names on google.com and you will find a great interview with her on EIN.

I'm really not into all the gossip.......there's just so much of it:-)

Backstage Pass

Thats where my confusion started.......right there
    Last edited by diamond; 10-08-2006 at 07:32 AM. Reason: spelling error...........tut tut

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    If I'm correct in all this Maurice the article you posted was all in defense of the slurs that were cast at Elvis being prejudiced against non whites and I found it to be very effective. I'm only posting again on the subject as there seems to be a tangle here over the article.

I've never heard that Elvis dated the actress on Change of Habit nor Myrna Smith. If he did more power to him! I did know that Myrna dated Jerry Shilling but not that they married. I don't think they did anyway, I thought the relationship just ran it's course and fell away. Can you clarify this?

MS - In fact I was married to Jerry from 1982 - 1987 and we're still good friends. Jerry and I started dating in 1973 and so I got a chance to spend more time with Elvis than others. I flew on Elvis' plane, spent time at Graceland and usually stayed on the same floor as Elvis in the hotels when were on tour. In California I would stay at Elvis' house on Monovale.

Full interview can be found on EIN

Quote Originally Posted by diamond View Post

Thats where my confusion started.......right there

In the context it was used I thought people would understand what I was saying......

I think it's clear now?

All is clear Maurice - still love that article, and thanks diamond for clarifying the relationship between Myrna and Jerry.