Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: jerry presley

  1. #1

    jerry presley

    http://www.jerrypresleyshow.com/video.html
    this is elvis cousion. read this it tells you a bit about him.http://www.elvispresleynews.com/PatsyAndersen.html
    elvislady

  2. #2
    International Level JDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    828
    I've never heard of him, but that family tree has a lot of cousins and extended family and the impersonators aren't really my thing, but he appears to be as good as any of them . I find most of them are disrespectful. What I can see on the site he appears to at least be giving a good effort.

  3. #3
    Patsy Anderson sent me a CD of Gerry Presley..........he has quite a good voice but not an Elvis by a long shot. Seems he is quite a nice and respecful guy.

    He was at Portcawl last year I believe?

  4. #4
    TCB Mafia Polk-Salad-Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,818
    I never heard of him before.
    But he has a good voice but not Elvis by a long shot.
    Some of you all never been down South too much...
    I'm gonna tell you a little story, so you'll understand where I'm talking about

  5. #5
    International Level
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    950

    Cool

    This guy isn't even a first cousin to Elvis, and didn't know Elvis at all. He's a joke dressing up in the jumpsuits and walking around saying Elvis is his cousin.

    He's out to make a quick buck. He really doesent even deserve to be mentioned in the same context as Elvis as he had nothing to do with him.
    Last edited by 0349054; 10-03-2006 at 07:09 AM.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

  6. #6
    International Level Suspicious Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bideford, England.
    Posts
    870
    How come we have not heard about Jerry Presley until recently?
    I have never read about him in the early Elvis biographies.
    Another impersonator thinks he's Elvis.
    Frank

    Every man has a flaming star

  7. #7
    TCB Mafia jak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    S.C. USA
    Posts
    2,125
    Its because of things like this Elvis is looked upon as a joke.These guys have done more to harm Elvis' image than is imaginable.It makes me cringe.
    Jak

  8. #8
    International Level
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    South Bend, Indiana
    Posts
    698
    Ok, I've been around business for 4 years....Who is this guy? This is what I mean about when I say people like this make it harder for me to do this for living.

    I really wounder how much of those pictures are fakes? That's why I don't put any thinking but "Tribute To Elvis" in my show. Because I'm not even close to blood relation, and I do know I'm not better than Elvis himself.

    Love to all,

    Tim Dudley

  9. #9
    International Level
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    950

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Its because of things like this Elvis is looked upon as a joke.These guys have done more to harm Elvis' image than is imaginable.It makes me cringe.
    Jak
    It makes any intelligent fan cringe. He is holding onto a distant family link for his claim. No one takes him seriously, and no one ever will. It's quite hard to take anyone who attempts to impersonate Elvis seriously, especially when they try and claim to be related to him.

    The public at large relate to impersonators as something to be laughed at.

    The impersonators do have a spot in popular culture, or Elvis culture might be more to the point. The impact they have had upon Elvis's image in the public persona in my opinion is extremely negative, and I would prefer to see them removed or controled under trademark laws. They bask in impersonating the final years of Elvis's life and justify their own lack of physical care to represent Elvis in his latter years.

    I'm only going to say this once, but Elvis looked a hundred times better at his very worst than any of these guys ever will.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

  10. #10
    TCB Mafia jak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    S.C. USA
    Posts
    2,125
    Quote Originally Posted by 0349054 View Post
    It makes any intelligent fan cringe. He is holding onto a distant family link for his claim. No one takes him seriously, and no one ever will. It's quite hard to take anyone who attempts to impersonate Elvis seriously, especially when they try and claim to be related to him.

    The public at large relate to impersonators as something to be laughed at.

    The impersonators do have a spot in popular culture, or Elvis culture might be more to the point. The impact they have had upon Elvis's image in the public persona in my opinion is extremely negative, and I would prefer to see them removed or controled under trademark laws. They bask in impersonating the final years of Elvis's life and justify their own lack of physical care to represent Elvis in his latter years.

    I'm only going to say this once, but Elvis looked a hundred times better at his very worst than any of these guys ever will.
    You hit the nail right on the head.I know they will never go away and its a real shame when somebody sees one of these guys and that forms their impression's of Elvis.
    Jak

  11. #11
    Many Elvis Presley Fan Clubs use them to raise money for charities.

    The two largest Elvis fan clubs in Ireland raise huge amounts of money for very good causes.

    George Twamley the best known Elvis fan in Ireland and John Kavanagh of the Elvis Presley Social Club both use Elvis impersonators and run very well attended Charity events at the City West Hotel and the Red Cow Inn Hotel on the NAAS Road Dublin. They raise hundreds of thousands of Euros annually and George has been doing Elvis events for decades.

    I'm 64 and in my lifetime I have only attended one Elvis impersonator event and that was by invitation from Dublin County Council because the "The Irish Times" was covering the event for the 20th Anniversary.

    There are thousands of Elvis impersonators worldwide. Even one young guy here in Swords, and I guess thousands more will appear during your lifetime.

    An old Irish? saying, "What cannot be cured must be endured", hits the nail on the head!

    Not all Elvis tribute artists are fat...thank heavens I've seen quite a few slim ones, but none really look like Elvis! If one did he would be earning millions...or marrying into millions.

    By the way Patsy Anderson worked at Graceland for decades and was let go...maybe this is her revenge? We exchanged some email early last year. She was trying to get Jerry Presley a booking in Ireland..........see how lucky you are she didn't suceed:-)

    elvislady, I bet you are sorry you started this thread :-)

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    420

    jerry presley

    i saw this guy many years ago on THE VIKI LAWRENCE talk show and he stated that he was a second cousin once removed[in other words no relation]just another imposter, or impersonator, i'm sorry but all these guys think way to much of themselves , something even E.P. never did he was HUMBLE ., something these guys aren't this is the reason i no longer go to graceland/memphis , i just hate these guys and would love to shoot every one of them.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MauriceColgan View Post
    Many Elvis Presley Fan Clubs use them to raise money for charities.

    The two largest Elvis fan clubs in Ireland raise huge amounts of money for very good causes.

    George Twamley the best known Elvis fan in Ireland and John Kavanagh of the Elvis Presley Social Club both use Elvis impersonators and run very well attended Charity events at the City West Hotel and the Red Cow Inn Hotel on the NAAS Road Dublin. They raise hundreds of thousands of Euros annually and George has been doing Elvis events for decades.

    I'm 64 and in my lifetime I have only attended one Elvis impersonator event and that was by invitation from Dublin County Council because the "The Irish Times" was covering the event for the 20th Anniversary.

    There are thousands of Elvis impersonators worldwide. Even one young guy here in Swords, and I guess thousands more will appear during your lifetime.

    An old Irish? saying, "What cannot be cured must be endured", hits the nail on the head!

    Not all Elvis tribute artists are fat...thank heavens I've seen quite a few slim ones, but none really look like Elvis! If one did he would be earning millions...or marrying into millions.

    By the way Patsy Anderson worked at Graceland for decades and was let go...maybe this is her revenge? We exchanged some email early last year. She was trying to get Jerry Presley a booking in Ireland..........see how lucky you are she didn't suceed:-)

    elvislady, I bet you are sorry you started this thread :-)
    your right maurice i am i had know idea who this man was i had never heard of him before. he seems harmless to me.
    elvislady

  14. #14
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    I'm not fond of Elvis impersonators either but there are some who are harmless and actually feel they are just doing a tribute and that's okay.

    Doesn't really matter as each one is only one in thousands and Elvis was only one in one and completely unique. Even those who have never seen Elvis in person have seen umpteen photos of him and have heard him sing so they know the difference........

  15. #15
    Dovey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,612
    Gee this Jerry Presley is a new name to me... never even heard of him...nor read anything about him. Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Similar Threads

  1. Jerry Schilling's new book...
    By franny in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 06:31 PM
  2. New Interview With Jerry Scheff
    By sergio_luiz in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 10:44 AM
  3. Tcb Band with Jerry Lee Lewis
    By joanne in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-11-2005, 12:43 PM
  4. Jerry Shilling
    By Memphisgurl in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2005, 12:39 AM
  5. jerry lee lewis
    By charlie rodgers in forum Off topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 03:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •