Thread: Release of "Elvis In Concert" '77???

Release of "Elvis In Concert" '77???

hi guys

As far as the special that aired on CBS goes, HELL NO!!!!!
    It's one of the worst specials I've ever seen! I have no idea what was going through the minds of the producers/editors when they put that footage together. What a piss-poor job!!!
    They left out such great footage like "And I Love You So, Trying to get to You, If you love me let me know, It's now or never, i got a woman, just to name a few!"
    And don't even get me started on those awful fan segments!
    I hope it never gets an official release, however, I would love to see all of the footage re-produced and re-packaged. I think the footage from both shows could be quite enjoyable if it was done correctly. I'd like to see something like a 3 disc set (disc 1 Omaha, disc 2 Rapid City, disc 3 extra footage).
    I've heard from a number of reliable sources that there is quite a bit of footage shot by CBS that hasn't surfaced yet.

I can see the audio/video digitally re-mastered, using different camera angles that may be more flattering, etc.

I think it would show this stage of Elvis' career in a completely different light. People would see that even though he's somewhat heavy and battling health problems, he still delivers and with authority in true Elvis fashion.
    People will finally see that the shows weren't nearly as bad as the media/EPE have led the public to believe all these years.

It's a huge slap in the face to Elvis not to acknowledge this phase of his career with the same enthusiasm as for example the Aloha Show.

What do you guys think??
    "It ain't funny how time slips away."
    (June 19, 1977- Omaha, Nb.)

I agree that it should not be released as it was originally aired. However a re-edited version, cutting some of the comments, and adding additional songs from the excluded material would be wonderful. I think this will eventually happen, but it will be many years. First, they are probably going to exhaust all the other footage first; like have a deluxe TTWII and EOT, which I can't wait for either!
    Elliot

hey EP6873
    I agree and i wouldn't mind seeing the other footage either.
    I've heard there's still a huge amount of footage that hasn't been seen as well as some pro-shot footage during the mid-70's.
    All we can do is wait and be patient.
    Unfortunately, I'm not a very patient person!!!!!!

take it easy
    "It ain't funny how time slips away."
    (June 19, 1977- Omaha, Nb.)

International Level
    The DVD version that's out is better quality than what was on VHS. It has EIC, and the 2 concerts on their own all on seperate discs. If anyone wants to talk about them PM me!
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...