Thread: Bbc Elvis Advert

Roustabouts

Bbc Elvis Advert

Hi everyone,

The BBC have put together a really cool advert using Elvis and all I can say is that its really cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEYFMHFTNec

Enjoy,

Mike

Brilliant - now thats one hell of a line up!! Even Noel looked pleased (for a change )

Strange how they can use footage of Elvis for their advert, but they said they weren't allowed to use it when Elvis hit the charts in the UK and used an impersonator on Top of the Pops instead !!

Here's hoping they can use Elvis footage from now on.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Not to impressed with that. The guy don't sound nothing like Elvis, reminded of the guy from This Is Elvis.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by elvispresleyfan1935 View Post
    Not to impressed with that. The guy don't sound nothing like Elvis, reminded of the guy from This Is Elvis.
    I saw the advert for the first time this evening on TV, I have to say it is a very cool advert, really well made, but I agree with you on the impersonators voice.

To me, it sounds like the same guy that does 'Johnny Bravo'

But other than that, the commercial itself is actually brilliant. well done BBC!!

Terry

Dont agree. this is a superb commercial in my opinion, and the voice really sounds like The King himself. Great job!!

Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_ELVISONMYMIND View Post
    Dont agree. this is a superb commercial in my opinion, and the voice really sounds like The King himself. Great job!!
    Do you think so? I think it sounds more like Elvis just inhaled a balloon with hellium, high pitched voice,,but the video is great!

i quite like it and think it well done at least it keeps the king well and truly alive

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Yeah I liked it but the voice is a little off

Matt

i just watched the advert and i thought it was great but the voice was a little to high pitched not the velvety soft voice we all know and love.
    elvislady

Backstage Pass
    Gordon Bennett there is just no pleasing some people

Here we have a piece of history.....Elvis with some of todays stars and all thats pulled out of it is the impersonators voice.......now if I am not mistaken Elvis never once in his lifetime uttered the words ''Noel Gallagher'' so how on earth are they supposed to use his ''own'' voice. I think its a masterpiece and if it gets one young person asking whos that mum/dad/whoever..... then I for one will be very happy

[QUOTE=diamond;80148]Gordon Bennett there is just no pleasing some people

Here we have a piece of history.....Elvis with some of todays stars and all thats pulled out of it is the impersonators voice.......now if I am not mistaken Elvis never once in his lifetime uttered the words ''Noel Gallagher'' so how on earth are they supposed to use his ''own'' voice. I think its a masterpiece and if it gets one young person asking whos that mum/dad/whoever..... then I for one will be very happy[/QUOTE

COULDN?T SAY IT ANY BETTER!!!

diamond, I agree, the advert is fine. The more young people see Elvis's charisma and continuing importance to radio listeners, the better.

Cadillac King
    This is a great advertisement! Wow! Even if it ain't Elvis's real voice, it does come close (After all: Nobody sings like Elvis.) and it shows how great Elvis would have looked (even these days) with other artists. Just imagine if Elvis realy would have toured with these guys.Lol. I kinda like the idea. Any way, I think the BBC did a great job. It'looks very real.

Christel (TCE)

Thanks for posting ... this is the first time I have seen the commercial and I really enjoyed it!! Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Backstage Pass
    Great ad.
    The voice is okay considering it's a bit hard to hire the real thing these days
    rick
    rick

Well, I don't know. It's a bit odd, but I don't mind younger people getting to know his charisma and musical brilliance.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

I like the advert... the voice is a little off but overall I think it's a great concept and very well done

I was just watching TV with my sister and some friends (none of whom like Elvis really) when the advert came on and everyone was commenting on how cool it was and how good-looking Elvis was... so if it gets Elvis some positive attention I'm all for it
    Amzie
    "Few will have the greatness to bend history"
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3.../69pccopy3.jpg

great advert
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

He is the best and what would it be like if this line up was really on stage with him? he makes everyone look good
    [IMG]pic5bg[/IMG]"...EVERY DREAM I EVER DREAMED
    HAS COME TRUE A HUNDRED TIMES"
    Elvis