Thread: can anyone help...........

can anyone help...........

i would like to know if there is a video of the concert in 77 which features Elvis sitting at the piano for a stunning rendition of unchained melody. every time i watch the clip of it i feel privilaged that he he shared his gift with others

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    There are unofficial videos of the (nearly) complete concert, which was Rapid City, June 21, but unfortunately in that song the camera shot which is seen during a majority of the song is on people in the audience. So the best video of that performance is the one seen on The Great Performances, which is where I assume you saw it. The video and audio quality are stunning.

BTW apparently there are some videos out there of the entire Rapid City concert, or so I've heard. Anybody know more about this?
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

International Level
    Also There's a 3 dvd set called "Elvis Great Performance" That has this on there, With showing Elvis on The piano.

And it's on 5.1 audio Fantastic stuff!!!... :worthy:
    Curtis Simpkins

Long Live Vinyl. :worthy:

Cadillac King
    Bobby wrote :
    BTW apparently there are some videos out there of the entire Rapid City concert, or so I've heard. Anybody know more about this?
    Yeah Bobby, I have this on VCD ...it has a fairly long "before" scenes, Elvis being greeted by a small Indian Girl (Siux tribe ?) etc and then the whole concert ...would say it is in about 60-70% of DVD quality. Ihave watched it just once ....

jb

Elvis Memories
    Yes, you're right jbgude, Both shows, Omaha June 19th and Rapid City June 21st is out there almost complete. You can find this stuff in some places like fan clubs.

This is my first post here, i'd like to say hello to everybody

Cadillac King
    Welcome on board. (h)

jb

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Welcome aboard, EM.

I have the Omaha and Rapid City shows as well (VHS, VCD, DVD), but what I am saying is that the Rapid City show is not actually complete. [EDIT: I later noticed you noted that, EM.] The band solos aren't there, Hurt is missing...there may be more as well which was omitted, I just don't recall right now. Of course that version of Hurt is the one used on the special and we do have the full introductions on the Omaha video. But I believe that I've heard there is a truly complete version out there. Haven't seen it myself though.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.