Thread: I Am In Love!!!!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

I Am In Love!!!!

I was SO excited when my U.P.S. driver delivered my package from Amazon containing my copies of the new ALOHA and '68 COMEBACK DVD's on Tuesday!!

I immediately opened both of them and looked at the packaging for both, and I have to say that the packaging for both sets is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!! RCA/EPE did an OUTSTANDING job with both packages....everything from the covers (I know some people find the ALOHA cover a bit bland and boring, but I think it works nicely, in my opinion) to the booklets....just a completely top notch effort from everyone who worked on these projects!!

BUT THEN...I started watching the first DVD in the ALOHA set...and I just have to say that I AM IN LOVE!!!! The quality is so crisp and clear throughout the whole disc....no flaws, skips or other glitches as some people have unfortunately been reporting they have found with their copies! Everything worked perfectly, and looked FANTASTIC!!! I was just in such awe of the whole first DVD!!!

Although I personally found the raw helicopter footage to be a bit slow going (would probably not watch that portion too often), it was fascinating to see!!

As for the rehearsal show....all I can say is WOW!!! They definitely did a remarkable job with the reediting of this show....I LOVE the montage effect they employed during BURNING LOVE, with Elvis on top of the screen and also on the bottom....just outstanding!! And, I was absolutely floored with the beginning of MY WAY where they did the close-up of his face and you could clearly see the emotion as he sang the song! And, did anyone else notice his eyes seeming to glance off to his right, almost as if he was reading the lyrics from Charlie's music stand? The whole show was just ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!

And the final segment of disc one, with the original January '73 broadcast was once again OUTSTANDING!!! I loved EVERY MINUTE of it, including the much wider camera shot they used when Elvis took off his belt and threw it into the audience!!

Disc Two was just as awesome!! The outtakes from the after-hours session were very interesting to watch...kind of neat, although hard on the eyes because of the way they arranged it with both camera angles on screen at the same time!! That got to be a bit frustrating for me to watch at times, but fun nevertheless...

And watching the American broadcast of the special was fun, although I certainly would enjoy watching the original January broadcast much more often! The montage effect is quite outdated, when you have the original January broadcast to compare it to! Plus I think the bonus songs (BLUE HAWAII, EARLY MORNIN' RAIN) kind of slow down the pace of the show, although the performances themselves are quite good! Personally, I will probably watch the January broadcast more often!!

The only negative I can find so far with the new ALOHA set is that they still didn't address the issue of the back-up singers being so low in the mix...it's especially noticable (and frustrating to listen to) during AMERICAN TRILOGY when it's quite hard to hear them....this first popped up on the last set of VHS videos for ALOHA and ALT. ALOHA that were released, and I was kind of hoping they would fix that problem this time around. While it is a bit easier to hear them here on the DVD's as opposed to the VHS videos, they are still quite far back in the mix and it would be nicer to have them up more, especially during solos like TRILOGY! Aside from this, I really have NO COMPLAINTS about the ALOHA DVD set at all!!!

AN ABSOLUTELY FIRST RATE, TOP NOTCH JOB from RCA/EPE on this set!!! I am VERY IMPRESSED!!!

Still haven't had time to watch the '68 special yet, but will be doing that soon and I will give my review of that when I have a chance to finish watching that set!!

TCB!!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Can"t wait for you to get gi blues (h)

And the review

KEV.
    HELLO,I MUST BE GOING.

SAM...it"s been a privilege to be called your best mate.17.03.55 - 24.01.08

http://www.gould68.freeserve.co.uk/HankGarlandBio.html

THANKS KEV!!!

I will definitely post a review of G.I. BLUES when I get that on DVD. Within the last month, I have been gradually upgrading my collection of Elvis' movies from VHS to DVD. I haven't picked up G.I. BLUES yet, but I will definitely try and post a review of it when I do get a copy!!

TCB!
    Mike

Thumbs up

nice review there mike of the new dvd's.....

im really looking forward to seeing the aloha & 68.....from what ive seen and heard so far its better than we thought it would be....we have just got a nice new plasma t.v to watch the king doing his thing,deluxe style ,aron.
    Last edited by E.L.V.I.S; 06-25-2004 at 02:36 AM.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76
    THANKS KEV!!!

I will definitely post a review of G.I. BLUES when I get that on DVD. Within the last month, I have been gradually upgrading my collection of Elvis' movies from VHS to DVD. I haven't picked up G.I. BLUES yet, but I will definitely try and post a review of it when I do get a copy!!

TCB!
    Mike
    Yeah, please.... if you have a review, please post it. I will make sure it will be treated like royal and that it goes to the right forum
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Cadillac King

Talking

Are you ALL SHOOK UP ahuh huh ?

jb

Great job Jungleroom, love to read more reviews

I'm glad they left the backup singers low down in the mix. I want to hear Elvis, not the backup singers

Just my opinion of course

TCB Mafia
    Great review Mike

But now you have just made my sad as i haven't been able to get them yet. But i am pleased with the overall response from people who have...and can't wait to get my hands on them
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    My boy, my boy!

Yeah, the DVDs are kinda good.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Yeah, please.... if you have a review, please post it. I will make sure it will be treated like royal and that it goes to the right forum
    NO PROBLEM ALBERT!!!

Actually, I will be happy to post any DVD reviews that you or the other members of the board would like to see, as I am able to watch them! As I said, I am currently converting my Elvis movie collection to DVD and am slowly picking them up...unfortunately my main problem is finding time to watch the movies as they come in, especially since I am really diggin' those new ALOHA/'68 DVD sets!!

But, as soon as I can, I will start posting my reviews of the various Elvis movie DVD's for everyone!!

TCB!
    Mike

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!

I am glad everyone enjoyed my review of ALOHA....it was my pleasure to write it, especially since I couldn't contain my enthusiasm for this fantastic package!!! As I said, RCA/EPE did a TOP NOTCH JOB on this set!!!

And to respond to personal comments:

E.L.V.I.S. - Thanks for the compliments!! You'll have to let us know how cool it is to watch Elvis on a plasma screen TV!!

JBGUDE - A-huh-huh!!!

P.S. ANNIE - Thanks for the kind words....hopefully I will be able to post some more reviews soon, particularly of the Elvis movie DVD's as I gradually convert my collection to DVD format!!

WILDSTYLE - I agree with you that I certainly want to hear Elvis!! BUT, considering how much Elvis enjoyed hearing his back-up vocalists sing, and considering I am an Elvis purist, I would really enjoy hearing this show exactly the way he wanted it to sound....I just think that would be the best way to present this material!! But, that is only MY opinion...

NIGHTRIDER - Sorry to make you sad, NightRider!! I hope you aren't mad at me...

LONNIEBEALESTREET - Did that come across in my review, do you think???

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE for your kind words and for making me feel truly at home on the board!!

TCB!
    Mike

Cadillac King
    Jungleroom 76 wrote
    JBGUDE - A-huh-huh!!!
    Mike ! that should have been :

"a-huh-huh - YEAH !"

We purists demand it is complete

jb

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76[B
    P.S. ANNIE -[/B] Thanks for the kind words....hopefully I will be able to post some more reviews soon, particularly of the Elvis movie DVD's as I gradually convert my collection to DVD format!!

Mike
    Your welcome Mike Hope you find the time soon for more reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jbgude
    Jungleroom 76 wrote

Mike ! that should have been :

"a-huh-huh - YEAH !"

We purists demand it is complete

jb

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
    SORRY JB....PLEASE ACCEPT MY HUMBLEST APOLOGIES!!!
    :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by P.S. Annie
    Your welcome Mike Hope you find the time soon for more reviews
    THANKS!! I hope so too....I really enjoy writing them, and it seems like most everyone here on the board enjoys reading them, which makes me feel really good!!

THANKS AGAIN for the kind words!

TCB!
    Mike