View Poll Results: Which Decade Do You Prefer Clothes Wise.

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer 1950's

51 20.32%
  • I prefer 1960's

34 13.55%
  • I prefer 1970's

80 31.87%
  • Combination 1960's & 1970's

86 34.26%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk About Elvis Clothing!

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moondust View Post
    The Big-Daddy-Flash-Style of the 70ies
    Makes him sound like a pimp

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    Makes him sound like a pimp
    No that was George Klein

He looks great in his black suit with Frank Sinatra in 1960 and I like him in his army clothes as well

I like Elvis style of clothing, i love to see him on TTWII, he used so cool clothes there
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

Elvis' clothing

I loved Elvis clothing from the 70s best. It had style, flamboyance, panache', character and more.My favorites were the red shirt he wore in TTWII, and the outfit he wore while singing "Always On My Mind", I think it was in Elvis On Tour. The early jumpsuits were fine, but I really love the later ones, like the Aloha From Hawaii and Mexican Sundial. I just wish I owned a pair of Elvis style glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcandude View Post
    I loved Elvis clothing from the 70s best. It had style, flamboyance, panache', character and more.My favorites were the red shirt he wore in TTWII, and the outfit he wore while singing "Always On My Mind", I think it was in Elvis On Tour. The early jumpsuits were fine, but I really love the later ones, like the Aloha From Hawaii and Mexican Sundial. I just wish I owned a pair of Elvis style glasses.
    I just wish I owned a pair of Elvis style glasses. : Hehe
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

Speaking of jumpsuits .....

does anyone know if Elvis had any input in what design a new one would have ....or did he leave it entirely to the guy that made the suits ??
    I heard something today that seemed to suggest Elvis decided the new design..... Thanks ....

Input on the jumpsuits

Quote Originally Posted by ajr View Post
    does anyone know if Elvis had any input in what design a new one would have ....or did he leave it entirely to the guy that made the suits ??
    I heard something today that seemed to suggest Elvis decided the new design..... Thanks ....
    Going by just what I know because I've known Priscilla for years, I will say this:sometimes Elvis gave input on the jumpsuits, other times Priscilla might come up with an idea, or a jumpsuit design would be suggested to Elvis by someone like Bill Belew. Elvis knew what he liked though, so a lot of the input did come from him.

Going by just what I know because I've known Priscilla for years, I will say this:sometimes Elvis gave input on the jumpsuits, other times Priscilla might come up with an idea, or a jumpsuit design would be suggested to Elvis by someone like Bill Belew. Elvis knew what he liked though, so a lot of the input did come from him.
    All the Jumpsuit Designs came from Bill Belew up until 1971 and the Gene Doucette from then on! The only input from Priscilla would be minimal as Elvis and Cilla virtually lived separate lives from 1970 on wards.

If Priscilla has said anything to the contrary then it is pure fabrication, Bill Belew would send sketches for Elvis' approval and little or no changes were made from the original sketches!

Any input given was by Elvis and Elvis alone; if any!

Vulcandude: You say you have known Priscilla for a long time? can you please elaborate and tell us when you have met her etc.

Thanks, guys ......that's as clear as mud .

Somewhere I heard/read that Elvis sent different "messages" with the designs on his suits. I'd heard that before.....but, never really asked anyone that knew that much about the jumpsuits.

IF you all come to a conclusion....just holler . TYVM...

Priscilla and Elvis' clothing

All the Jumpsuit Designs came from Bill Belew up until 1971 and the Gene Doucette from then on! The only input from Priscilla would be minimal as Elvis and Cilla virtually lived separate lives from 1970 on wards.

If Priscilla has said anything to the contrary then it is pure fabrication, Bill Belew would send sketches for Elvis' approval and little or no changes were made from the original sketches!

Any input given was by Elvis and Elvis alone; if any!

Vulcandude: You say you have known Priscilla for a long time? can you please elaborate and tell us when you have met her etc.
    Matt, it seems to me we got into it over this very issue last year. All I can say is this: I have known Priscilla since somewhere in the early to mid 80s. And I trust what she tells me. So, you and I once again, will have to agree to disagree here on this topic. 'Nuff said.

Matt, it seems to me we got into it over this very issue last year. All I can say is this: I have known Priscilla since somewhere in the early to mid 80s. And I trust what she tells me. So, you and I once again, will have to agree to disagree here on this topic. 'Nuff said.

To simply say that you know Priscilla is a "Big Deal" if you do know her and you speak to her on a regular basis I am sure that you will be able to give details to back up what you are saying! I am sure that you be aware that people have in the past made similar claims and haven't been able to back up what they say?

If you are on speaking terms and she divulges this kind of information it is something we would All like to hear.

I am not having a go or singling you out, I am simply curious to know more of this relationship and any further insights, photo's or proof of such meetings or phone calls that you have had.

To simply say "Nuff said" isn't very insightful.

Is it because this is an older post that the "attached thumbnails" won't show? I've clicked on them & nothing. Anyway, it seems that with Elvis - the flashier the better. There would be nothing "simply elegant" in his closet. It would always have his touch - flash. Personally, I love the elegant tuxedo he wore on the Frank Sinatra show - wow! I also love the brown suit he wore - especially when he wore it sans blouse - that just screams pure sex. [IMG]ret69copy[/IMG]
    (tried to paste a photo, didn't come through!)

Priscilla & Elvis' Clothing

To simply say that you know Priscilla is a "Big Deal" if you do know her and you speak to her on a regular basis I am sure that you will be able to give details to back up what you are saying! I am sure that you be aware that people have in the past made similar claims and haven't been able to back up what they say?

If you are on speaking terms and she divulges this kind of information it is something we would All like to hear.

I am not having a go or singling you out, I am simply curious to know more of this relationship and any further insights, photo's or proof of such meetings or phone calls that you have had.

To simply say "Nuff said" isn't very insightful.
    Matt, first of all, I don't llike the insinuation or the feeling that I'm being called a liar. Secondly, I don't have to prove to you or anyone else about my friendship with Priscilla, because I don't lie. My word should be good enough. Thirdly, because Priscilla and Lisa Marie are public figures in the Elvis world, I don't feel comfortable in divulging the specifics you mention above, i.e. the phone calls, letters, or whatever, especially when I long ago promised I would keep those details to myself. They never minded my sharing what info I learned, but other than that, you are going to have to let go of the specifics. I respect what privacy they have, and because of that I've been lucky enough to have known them this long. So before I get really angry and say something I'll either regret or that'll get me banned, once again I will say to you.....'Nuff said.

Matt, first of all, I don't llike the insinuation or the feeling that I'm being called a liar. Secondly, I don't have to prove to you or anyone else about my friendship with Priscilla, because I don't lie. My word should be good enough. Thirdly, because Priscilla and Lisa Marie are public figures in the Elvis world, I don't feel comfortable in divulging the specifics you mention above, i.e. the phone calls, letters, or whatever, especially when I long ago promised I would keep those details to myself. They never minded my sharing what info I learned, but other than that, you are going to have to let go of the specifics. I respect what privacy they have, and because of that I've been lucky enough to have known them this long. So before I get really angry and say something I'll either regret or that'll get me banned, once again I will say to you.....'Nuff said.
    There is quite clearly an aroma............'Nuff said'

if you are 37 years of age (as in you profile) in 1985 you would have been 14 or 15 years of age?

So what you are saying is that Priscilla would talk to you about Elvis on a personal level?

I am not calling you a liar, I simply find it incredulous that a woman of Priscilla's position communicates with someone from this board who in other threads asks questions I would have thought of as common knowledge.

I will leave this issue alone unless required to respond!

you know, i havent been following this from the start, and i admit that i dont know alot about EP, but i do know this much... this is a place for discussing EP and other such topics, in this case, his clothes, and i know from previous forum experiences, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and this is exactly what is being said / done here. Someone spoke their opinion, and added an additional comment to it, and when asked to back it up, became defensive about it. It is my humble opinion that if a member doesnt wish to divulge information, he should be respected for that, not shunned, as for some of the other things said, we should all be friends here, not enemies, and this place will grow through friendship, not bitterness

i have now said my piece, and i am not trying to flame anyone here, so if i offended any one, i am sorry ahead of time

Quote Originally Posted by najial_doombringer View Post
    you know, i havent been following this from the start, and i admit that i dont know alot about EP, but i do know this much... this is a place for discussing EP and other such topics, in this case, his clothes, and i know from previous forum experiences, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and this is exactly what is being said / done here. Someone spoke their opinion, and added an additional comment to it, and when asked to back it up, became defensive about it. It is my humble opinion that if a member doesnt wish to divulge information, he should be respected for that, not shunned.

I agree...let's drop this and move on....

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    Check out this sound file from an interview in 1973.....

http://www.elvis.net/interview/DJ%20...-summer73.html
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Quote Originally Posted by najial_doombringer View Post
    you know, i havent been following this from the start, and i admit that i dont know alot about EP, but i do know this much... this is a place for discussing EP and other such topics, in this case, his clothes, and i know from previous forum experiences, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and this is exactly what is being said / done here. Someone spoke their opinion, and added an additional comment to it, and when asked to back it up, became defensive about it. It is my humble opinion that if a member doesnt wish to divulge information, he should be respected for that, not shunned, as for some of the other things said, we should all be friends here, not enemies, and this place will grow through friendship, not bitterness

i have now said my piece, and i am not trying to flame anyone here, so if i offended any one, i am sorry ahead of time
    All comments are welcome here, however, if you makes comments that are then said to come from someone as close as Priscilla you should expect to be able to give details. I am sorry but just to say my word is good enough doesn't hold much credibility when we are on a forum and I can't see your face?

I'm pretty sure that if you did know Priscilla and LMP you would have a photograph or some sort of proof, this does not mean you are divulging information or breaking trust, just adding credibility. If I offend you by asking for proof I am sorry but "That's The Way It Is"

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast