Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If You Could Go Back In Time

If You Could Go Back In Time

Today we were bored at work and we started to play:
    If we would be able to go back in time and go whenever we want back in history... what moment in history would we choose to land in ?
    I chose various moments in Elvis life of course LOL and thought to post the game here to see what moment in Elvis life would you choose to witness.
    One of mine would be when Gladys went to look for Elvis because Dewey Philips called him to interview him after playing his first record, just to see Elvis happy face.
    Another moment i would love to have lived is one of those night parties at Graceland before going to the army.
    Wanna play ?

MARVELOUS QUESTION

i would like to be in the dressing room just after elvis had appeared in vegas for the 1st time in 1969.
    all his doubts would have gone and he would have been on a real high
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

If I could go back in time it would have to be Elvis' first night at the International in Las Vegas 1969 and I would liked to have been able to meet and talk to him afterwards. He seemed so happy then.

Coming On Strong
    I would've loved to have been in Sun Studios in 1953 when Elvis first walked in and cut his first record. I'd also loved to have been there in July 1954 when Elvis and the boys first tore into That's Alright Mama and Sam Phillips comes in and says "What the hell was that?!" Seeing the very beginning of Elvis' career would be the most interesting.
    YOU LOOKIN' FOR TROUBLE? YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE.

If I could choose a moment in time that I would like to witness it would be when Elvis recorded his first single release in July 1954 - That's All Right with Blue Moon of Kentucky as the flip side...just to be there to see him in the beginning...

also, I would have loved to have front row seats to see him in the 68' Special...

franny

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    I'm a 70's fan through and through and given the opportunity I would go to any show from 1969-71 (any would do really just for the thrill).

Having said that in the beginning there was the 50's and to see Elvis live in 1956 would be awesome, young, vibrant and a real rebel of his time.

Matt

i would like to be at his first concert at the international , in 69 , of course having the chance to be in the backstage!!
    I'd like to be in Germany as well, cos when they gave anphetamin to him I could warn him ....
    and I love you so..people ask me how..how I've lived 'till now

The moment STUD and Franny mentioned is truly a great one to see... Though ANY 50s moment would be marvelous for me
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Another: Elvis' birth...
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

If You Could Go Back In Time

I would go back to the Vegas years.He always looked handsome,but I think he looked his best during the early 70's.I regret not going to his concerts.Of course back then I was too young to travel long distances,but oh well,such is life!Besides,chances are that I would try hard as hell to get a kiss from him and chances are I would have fainth.

OMG

If I could go back in time.. I wanna be at the 68 special... in the front row and have a close look of him performing.

Another step ... would like to know how it was to be with him at night at these fairgrounds and have fun there

Wow, what a thought this is!! So many moments to choose!! I would have to go back to his early days when all was still so good in his life,the sun studio days when he was just starting out,without all the mafia and press constantly around,have a day and night with the original,pure Elvis.

Elvis-Memories,Sweet Memories-Elvis

There are three stages of his life that I'd like to go to,
    firstly would be the recording session for 'Elvis Is Back' just to see him let loose in the studio again, before it all got a bit silly with the soundtracks.
    Secondly, I'd love to be at the '68 Comeback special (what an experience that must have been!) and finally, I'd pay a visit to Graceland on a certain August night in 1977, just to make sure that someone stays with Elvis for the evening, and not someone who will let him stay in the bathroom alone for hours without thinking something is wrong

I would go back to Humes High and become Elvis's friend. I would then Join his inner circle and become part of the Memphis mafia. However this is where I would hopefully differ from the rest of his troupe and hopfully I could steer Elvis off of drugs and possibly away from the colenell and definately Dr Nichopoulos.
    This would change history because the King would still be with us and we could all still go to his concerts and watch him for real.

I would go back , that i would be 20 years old around the time of 1968....so i could see and feel the rest of his career
    Old Times they are not forgotten
    Johan

I can see the 68 comeback would be very crowded , don?t fight for the first row

Cadillac King
    If I could go back in time I would go back to that point in time when Elvis was first given pills to help him stay awake while on guard duty in the army. That was the beginning of the end.

As I'm from Germany, I would go back to the time when he was in Germany.....I would walk up to his house and ask him for an autograph and chat a little.....
    Elvis as a normal "soldier" in his uniform, far away from all this stardom...

But of course there would be many, many occasions more.....

If I could go back in time...

I would go back in time to 1959 and I would take the place of Priscilla!!
    "Its An Elvis Thing Man, You Just Wouldn't Understand"

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...loveselvis.gif

Cadillac King
    HUM !!!
    Probably in 1970 when my father gave me $2.00 for my first Elvis record..``LET`S BE FRIENDS`` AND THE VERY FISRT NEWSPAPER WITH AN ELVIS PICTURE ON IT WITH THE TITLE;
    Elvis is coming in Montreal. WIN A DOUBLE ELVIS ALBUM`` (That was the In person LP). It seems that everything change for me also for my family, my friends, baseball, hockey..ah..the fabulous 70`s!
    have a nice day
    bogarcon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast