Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 82

Thread: "no Angel"

  1. #41
    Dovey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Shoot, I can't believe this thread is still going. It appears that a VERY few have a huge crush on Priscilla and the rest of us on Elvis To each his own.......

    I agree with you Diane... sure does look like someone has a crush on silly cilla .... but this is a not her (cilla's) site so I wonder why he/she continues to come here to try to stir up trouble.

    Truly makes me laugh.... When you think about it... Elvis had to deal with people like this his entire short life.

    _____________________________________________

    4TheHeart... you might as well laugh too because it is like talking to a stone wall.. and in the end it does not matter at all ...if someone basis all there thoughts on that one book... they really need to read many other books... if Elvis is such a rotten person why bother the fans who love him with BS we have already read.

    Have a great day!!! (and keep smiling!) Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

  2. #42
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    377
    I knew someone would tell me that I was on the wrong site.....I am first and foremost an Elvis fan......you can believe it or not....I don't care. It's just that I am not a narrow minded Elvis fan.....this is an Elvis forum, and we used to be able to discuss in a amiable manner all things pertaining to Elvis' life, but it seems as though a few have taken over the forum for their own use. Sad.....it was a great place to visit, and I think I still have one or two friends here.
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

  3. #43
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by carolynlm View Post
    I knew someone would tell me that I was on the wrong site.....I am first and foremost an Elvis fan......you can believe it or not....I don't care. It's just that I am not a narrow minded Elvis fan.....this is an Elvis forum, and we used to be able to discuss in a amiable manner all things pertaining to Elvis' life, but it seems as though a few have taken over the forum for their own use. Sad.....it was a great place to visit, and I think I still have one or two friends here.


  4. #44
    TCB Mafia jak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    S.C. USA
    Posts
    2,125
    Perfectly stated Carolyn.I too am an Elvis fan.Just because I recognize Elvis' flaws doesnt make me less of a fan.To me nobody comes close to Elvis or ever will but he had flaws just like the rest of us.He was a human being with an amazing gift but he wasnt perfect.I think the truth about Elvis the man has been swallowed up by the legend and so many fans think he walked on water.
    Jak

  5. #45
    Tupelo Cake Donut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,063
    Yes ... We think Elvis walked on the water but you think that Priscilla got pregnant by the holy spirit.
    _________________

  6. #46
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    Carolyn - Jak, when I jump in to defend Elvis it's just because I believe that what was said by some of the MM and Priscilla about his drug taking and his temper is exaggerated. You must remember that the MM were also on drugs and that one will say something about what they remember him doing and another will say "no it wasn't like that at all". Sometimes memory is faulty and you see things the way you want them to be. You know what I'm talking about, we've all seen and done that.

    As far as Priscilla goes, no I don't see her in a good light and I've stated why I feel like that and sometimes it seems to me that you are making HER seem like she's walking on water too.

    I don't want to fight with you and I don't dislike you for your beliefs. With my personal friends I don't expect that we all agree with things all the time and I feel the same here. Let's just agree to disagree on this subject and leave it there.

  7. #47
    Tupelo Cake Donut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Carolyn - Jak, when I jump in to defend Elvis it's just because I believe that what was said by some of the MM and Priscilla about his drug taking and his temper is exaggerated. You must remember that the MM were also on drugs and that one will say something about what they remember him doing and another will say "no it wasn't like that at all". Sometimes memory is faulty and you see things the way you want them to be. You know what I'm talking about, we've all seen and done that.

    As far as Priscilla goes, no I don't see her in a good light and I've stated why I feel like that and sometimes it seems to me that you are making HER seem like she's walking on water too.

    I don't want to fight with you and I don't dislike you for your beliefs. With my personal friends I don't expect that we all agree with things all the time and I feel the same here. Let's just agree to disagree on this subject and leave it there.

    You are right Diane, that?s what a forum is for, to share different point of views.
    _________________

  8. #48
    TCB Mafia jak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    S.C. USA
    Posts
    2,125
    Diane,I appreciate your comments.Youre right about memories faltering over the years and that does account for some variations in the stories we have heard over the years.Im sure you love Elvis very much but downplaying Elvis' drug use is an example of what I mean by fans always covering for Elvis.The proof of how bad Elvis drug use was is that it finally killed him.He had so many drugs in his system at the time of his death including painkillers used for cancer patients.How many people carry a physcians PDR around?I know its not pleasnt to talk about and we want to remember the good things about him rather than dwell on those things but the drugs were the root of all his problems.I not trying to tear Elvis down but it makes me angry he was so foolish and ended up throwing his life away and we shouldnt gloss over that fact.
    Jak

  9. #49
    International Level 4THEHEART's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Istanbul TR
    Posts
    566
    For God's sake Jak..why couldn't you think any other reason for the drugs he took,than his "foolishness"..he wasn't a fool Jak.. he was much more mature than that fun loving boy you see on the surface ..you sure take his personality very very light..he wasn't a shallow one as those so called friends of him were..well nothing more to say,I'm no one to change anyone's personal views and this is not my goal,yet I'm sure , Elvis would have been answered if he was here face to face with you, how things are not the way you like to believe or they seem.. I feel that way,maybe because I'm a fool like him.. so I said what I said.. nothing more from me..

  10. #50
    TCB Mafia jak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    S.C. USA
    Posts
    2,125
    I never said foolishness was the reason for the drugs.I said it was foolish he threw his life away without ever making a serious attempt to turn things around.He was foolish in that respect Im sorry to say.He couldnt admit he needed help.I will give you an example.Linda Thompson stated she saved Elvis from drowning in a bowl of cereal because he passed out in it.How much lower can you go?Elvis was foolish not to take that as a sign he needed to gain control.Let me guess,Linda is lying.That's only one example of the times Elvis nearly died through the 70's.He had so many close encounters that should have gave him a wake up call.
    Jak

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    I never said foolishness was the reason for the drugs.I said it was foolish he threw his life away without ever making a serious attempt to turn things around.He was foolish in that respect Im sorry to say.He couldnt admit he needed help.I will give you an example.Linda Thompson stated she saved Elvis from drowning in a bowl of cereal because he passed out in it.How much lower can you go?Elvis was foolish not to take that as a sign he needed to gain control.Let me guess,Linda is lying.That's only one example of the times Elvis nearly died through the 70's.He had so many close encounters that should have gave him a wake up call.
    Jak
    this is not just his fans saying this its the people who loved him saying it to.
    elvislady

  12. #52
    Dovey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,612
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    I never said foolishness was the reason for the drugs.I said it was foolish he threw his life away without ever making a serious attempt to turn things around.He was foolish in that respect Im sorry to say.He couldnt admit he needed help.I will give you an example.Linda Thompson stated she saved Elvis from drowning in a bowl of cereal because he passed out in it.How much lower can you go?Elvis was foolish not to take that as a sign he needed to gain control.Let me guess,Linda is lying.That's only one example of the times Elvis nearly died through the 70's.He had so many close encounters that should have gave him a wake up call.
    Jak
    Perhaps you do not relize Jak that things were much different 30-40 years ago than they are now... People were afraid to seek help for problems they were having in fear of people making fun of them.

    Until you walk a mile in the man's shoes... you should not judge him.

    Were you born a twin with the other one born dead?
    Did your dad go to jail for a stupid mistake?
    Did you your mother die at a early age & time in your life?
    Did your father start dating 2 weeks after your mother died?
    Did you get drafted into the Army when you were just getting a great career going?
    Did you have women screeming and chasing you no matter where you went?
    Did you get railroaded into a loveless marriage?
    Did you go through a divorce and lose you daughter you loved?
    Did you have people using you for $$$?
    Did you ever wonder if people loved you for yourself or your money?
    I could go on and on.... but my point is ... Elvis gave us so much
    and yes he did need some help but back 40 years ago people did
    not recognize that... nor did we have the rehabs and help that is available today.


    When you can "Walk a Mile in His Shoes" only then can you judge him. Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

  13. #53
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    I never said foolishness was the reason for the drugs.I said it was foolish he threw his life away without ever making a serious attempt to turn things around.He was foolish in that respect Im sorry to say.He couldnt admit he needed help.I will give you an example.Linda Thompson stated she saved Elvis from drowning in a bowl of cereal because he passed out in it.How much lower can you go?Elvis was foolish not to take that as a sign he needed to gain control.Let me guess,Linda is lying.That's only one example of the times Elvis nearly died through the 70's.He had so many close encounters that should have gave him a wake up call.
    Jak
    Elvis was not foolish, he just had too many pressures put upon him by people and circumstances mostly his manager etc.
    Larry Geller said "Elvis woke up to reality about some of the people with him, Colonel Parker, he was gonna fire Colonel Parker, get rid of 70% of the people that lived with him, stop touring, he wanted to rejuvenate his life, he wanted to eat properly, get off the pills, he knew it, he knew he was entering turbulent waters cause it`s not easy but two things were happening simutanesly in Elvis`s life, Life the future, death, pulling him, forces pulling him, people and situations that were disgusting seen and unseen.
    Here`s the tragedy and the tragedy is and this is a lesson for you and for me and everyone if we are supposed to do something we`ve got to do it now and we do not procastinate.
    If he only would have stopped right then and there.
    We were in Louisville, Kentucky and Elvis had a rough night he felt feverish it was about 5am in the morning and he said Larry I don`t feel good. I said get a good night`s sleep and you might feel better tomorrow and his throat hurt so the next afternoon like I always did when he woke up I was there.
    DR. Nick was in the bedroom with him and I`m sitting there watching television and there was a pounding on the door I thought wait a minute we have security out there we own that floor you can`t even get off the elevator so I ran to the door and I looked through the peephole and it was Colonel Parker who never came to visit Elvis.
    I opened the door and said Colonel Hi, and he replied (in a nasty tone) WHERE IS HE.
    I said let me tell him you`re here. He said no I`m going right in.
    He opened the door and this is what I saw, Dr. Nick was kneeling next to Elvis`s bed and Elvis`s head was being dunked into a bucket of ice water and he was moaning and the door closed.
    You know what my first thought was, good now the old son of a ***** is gonna see reality because he never sees what`s going on, no more excuses the tour stops, Elvis will go to hospital and something good will come out of this.
    I would say 90 seconds later the door opens Colonel Parker walks out, walks up to me, I stand up and we`re toe to toe now NOW YOU LISTEN TO ME THE ONLY THING THAT`S IMPORTANT IS THAT MAN`S ON THE STAGE TONIGHT NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.
    He walked out and I understood everything at that point."

    I included that because it gives an example of what Elvis was having to deal with in his life.
    It proves that you are wrong in saying that Elvis couldn`t admit he needed help he just had difficulty following throught with it.
    If people would have cared enough about him instead of seeing him as a money machine then he may of been able to get help.
    He was having to carry on touring and that meant continuing the pills as he needed them to keep going.
    Nobody has any idea how much that man had been hurt by people and how hard his life had become and if you ever get as big as Elvis (which I doubt) then you may understand but until then have some respect for the man.
    Last edited by joanne; 09-02-2006 at 05:23 PM.

  14. #54
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia...Where the best wine in the world is made:Where we make the Pontiac GTO:
    Posts
    131

    Pric

    I may as well put mine in as well...i think she had it all planed from the start when they met at that part in Germany, get him and hold onto the bucks man, no matter what it took, and worry about the what happens later...for christ sake E could have had any woman he wanted, it just happen to be her, so we are stuck with that iam affraid, anyway i blame her for his death and nothing, she or anyone says will ever change my mind. I'd love to know what Red and the other guys thought when they were hudled over the hi-fi. she killed him and that is that:

  15. #55
    Dovey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,612
    Thanks for the Larry Geller article Joanne..

    To me he was truly a good friend to Elvis and the other guys hated him for it..... yes for sure Parker only cared about the $$$$ as did Dr. Nick. It sure is sad to think that $$$ is so important to people but we have proof that it still goes on even though Elvis is gone... his name makes money for the people who used him..


    _____________________________


    Yes Redroo you are right... She and her mother did plan the whole thing (her mother back in the beginning)

    Yesterday I listened to the Red West tape again and Elvis plainly says that he was railroaded into that marriage... Red tries to , and does, change the subject but Elvis defiantly knew what cilla was and did not want her to have any part of Graceland...

    She hurt him time and time again but it was mostly over his daughter, Lisa Marie, because she knew he loved her so much.

    Her day will come!!!!!!---- Her lies will all catch up with her.
    __________________________

    I think the people who come on here to run Elvis down are not fans at all..... as a fan, we all know Elvis's faults as well as his achievements...... and the achiievments far out weigh anything else he did in his life.... I celebrate his life and thank got for him. Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

  16. #56
    TCB Mafia jak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    S.C. USA
    Posts
    2,125
    The last few posts are classics.Very entertaining.Im sure you guys have a lovely collection of Elvis salt and pepper shakers and nice figurines and maybe some stuffed teddy bears wearing jumpsuits You say dont judge him until you walk a mile in his shoes.But its okay to judge Priscilla?Is that not hypocritical?Priscilla killed Elvis?Are you 12?Why cant people be repsonsible for their own actions?Its always somebody else's fault.People get divorced everyday.He wasnt the only one.Due to a kind gesture of a board member I got Child Bride and have read a good deal of it.The great book you look to for facts goes on and on how Elvis lied and cheated on her from the very first.I did read something I didnt know.He was having sex with a 15 year old in germany and fondling Priscilla at the time according to your book.The book states Elvis was a pedophile.Elvis should have been sent to prison if you believe that book.I dont doubt he was doing it but under law he should have been jailed.The book also states Elvis claimed he was going to die at 42 just like his mom.His mom died at 46 people.You think Elvis forgot?Elvis wouldnt admit he needed help because of his ego.Im sorry but you guys are in fantasy land.Telling me that I dont respect Elvis is a joke.Its you that dont because you make him out to be god.If he was here he wouldnt want that.Some of you need to just keep downloading wallpapers.Elvis sure looks dreamy in those.
    Jak

  17. #57
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    495
    what a bore you are.

  18. #58
    TCB Mafia jak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    S.C. USA
    Posts
    2,125
    The truth hurts.No need to shoot the messenger.

  19. #59
    Dovey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,612
    jak .... Wake up.... You are no messenger!!!!!
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

  20. #60
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    The truth hurts.No need to shoot the messenger.
    It doesn`t hurt me matey because I don`t give a toss as you won`t change my feelings for Elvis. In fact it just proves how nasty and evil the Priscilla fans are. They certainly take after her that`s for sure.
    All you`ve got to do now is marry someone famous then leave them and live the rest of your life living off their surname and you`ll be just like her.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 81
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 09:21 AM
  2. "Running Scared" or "Blue Angel"
    By elvis fan 1976 in forum Off topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 08:41 AM
  3. "Live a Little, Love a Little'' or "Stay Away Joe"?
    By elvis fan 1976 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-07-2006, 05:21 PM
  4. The best "Way Down" "She Thinks I Still Care" ?
    By elvis fan 1976 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-03-2005, 01:53 PM
  5. "Elvis - The Cover Up" & "Las Vegas In Gypsy Style"
    By Steve in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 07:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •