Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moody Blue LP

ofcourse its a great album
    its my favo so get it

Quote Originally Posted by Awickedreigndrop View Post
    Good news guys, I won the record! *Jumps up and down and does the running man* I'll let you know how it is as soon as it gets to me. Thanx for all your advice!
    Wow, I am so happy for you!!!!! I know that you will love it... it is sure one of my favorites. Enjoy, enjoy and I am sure that you will Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

So I was out and about today getting things that I need for my first college year which I am totally nervous about!!! When I pulled up in my driveway I seen a pizza box like package sticking our of my mail box. I knew what it was so I instantly got it... *And the rest of the mail* and went in the house. I took Moody Blue LP out of the box and jumped for joy!!! ...then of course I played it and it sounds incredible! Now that I played it I think I'll let it rest and go get the cd so I won't wear the record out.

I am glad that you are happy with your Moody Blue record. I have the CD also but when It comes to sound ... turn up the volume on
    that record and it blows ya away.... "fantastic" Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Great album indeed.

Careful when you buy the CD version. It has been re-released with additional songs from other albums. I'm pretty sure you can still get ahold of the original CD version.

I have three copies of the Moody Blue album. One black (I live in Canada), one blue, and one blue still sealed!!

Enjoy.

Moody Blue

The "Moody Blue" album is totally worth having. It has some very good songs on it, and considering it was Elvis' last major LP release before he died, it's a must have. Considering Elvis' physical shape at the time, his voice is outstanding, as it was to the very end. If you own his early stuff, this is a perfect example to complete a collection of his later stuff. I think it is: , so therefore definitely get it.

It is a very good LP. I just recorded it on a tape so I can listen to it until I get the CD I went all over looking for it but *Shrugges* I couldn't find it. We do have this one store here that'll order it so I'm going there to get it. Thanks for the advice for getting the CD My favorite song on there so far is "Little Darlin". I think he's so cute singing it! Well that's my favorite song next to "Unchained Melody"
    Thanx again!

Quote Originally Posted by Awickedreigndrop View Post
    It is a very good LP. I just recorded it on a tape so I can listen to it until I get the CD I went all over looking for it but *Shrugges* I couldn't find it. We do have this one store here that'll order it so I'm going there to get it. Thanks for the advice for getting the CD My favorite song on there so far is "Little Darlin". I think he's so cute singing it! Well that's my favorite song next to "Unchained Melody"
    Thanx again!

ahh Kenosha, there's a place I've spent some time at Simmons Island .

Seems like around here anyway, Moody Blue is one of the few you can still find in most stores like Best buy , Circuit City etc.

Way down is my favorite from that album, would have been fun to see him healthy and working in a few numbers from that and future albums into concert if he'd lived long enough

Moody Blue

I'm glad you like the album. I think my favorite track is "Way Down". The song really gets you going. If you want the CD at a good price, check out Amazon.com, and it should be listed.

Its an excellent album, one of his best i think Elvis done, well worth having in your collection,good by!
    Elvis-Memories,Sweet Memories-Elvis

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Glad you like the album and I have to say that you should definitely seek out the CD too. I don't think you will think of the bonus tracks as a negative but hopefully a nice...bonus! They took one track off the original LP--Let Me Be There, which is from Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis (hence the omission)--and replaced it with the entire second to last album, From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee. These two albums, and now this one CD, cover Elvis' entire output of studio masters from the Jungle Room sessions and include the three live tracks from April 1977 originally included on Moody Blue. If you haven't heard much of this material you will find it is quite different from a lot of Elvis music, and it is very significant historically speaking as well.

And if you like all this stuff, The Next Step is...http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=615
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

I'm happy for you that you got the LP! I have it too, I brought it years ago when it first came out, blue color! I only played it maybe twice. Glad you have it That's so exciting! The CD is awesome with the extra tracks!

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12