View Poll Results: Which was better - the 68 Comeback Special or Aloha From Hawaii?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • 68 Comeback Special

102 50.75%
  • Aloha From Hawaii

49 24.38%
  • Can't decide

50 24.88%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 68 Comeback Special vs. Aloha From Hawaii

Coming On Strong

68 Comeback Special vs. Aloha From Hawaii

As y'all know, both shows were awesome, but if you had to choose, which one do you think is better?

I lean towards the '68 Special cuz he looked the absolute best of his entire career. All segments of the show were amazing - the Sit-Down and Stand-Up Shows, the Gospel Number, Guitar Man segment, and my favorite Elvis song of all time - If I Can Dream. The '68 Comeback Special was the pinnacle of his career IMO. Aloha From Hawaii was #2.

I love them both ... but the 68 Comeback got my vote! Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

This one is really tough - both were fantastic in their own way but I liked his energy in the '68 Special so voted for that one.

Hi!! I vote for 68 comeback special because I love his voice his sexy face (and body of course )and energy in this show, definitely it is my favorite show I LOVE it!

International Level Suspicious Minds's Avatar
    I voted for the 68 Comeback Special. This was Elvis at his best on TV, Elvis did not sound nervous.
    The Aloha From Hawaii was an historic event in Elvis's career. The first TV Show via Sattelite to be shown around the world. The biggest audience made him nervous at the start of the show.
    Frank

Every man has a flaming star

Voted for 68 comeback, No male or female ever was that good looking, so sexy, so charismatic ,and such an entertainer as Elvis was in the 68 special,He was always off course, 100% all that but in that special he was Elvis 200% It was as if he re-invented himself there,it is one of the most important moments in pop/ rock history!

Roustabouts
    68 comeback special was the better performance

all's been said...68 all the way!

They're both the best of the best. I can't really choose between them. I love them both for different reasons. One was Elvis return to what he loved, the other was him showing the world how to really do it big time and pull it off.

As far as a rock&roll performance, 68 wins hands down. Vocally, Elvis put on a singing clinic during the Aloha special. To me both serve different purposes, and they also show what made EP so great, his versatility as well as his genius on the stage.

Both were great performances, but I voted for the 68' Special...

franny

Coming On Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Car View Post
    As far as a rock&roll performance, 68 wins hands down. Vocally, Elvis put on a singing clinic during the Aloha special. To me both serve different purposes, and they also show what made EP so great, his versatility as well as his genius on the stage.
    Very true.
    YOU LOOKIN' FOR TROUBLE? YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE.

TCB Mafia
    68 Comeback..........

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Kind of feels like I'm a lone voice from the desert in this thread! I voted Aloha.............

The 68 Special was fantastic but I'm a Jumpsuit Junkie and can't very well not choose Aloha, this was Elvis at his Jumpsuited pinnacle. To the non-Elvis fan this is the Image that sums up the Elvis of the 70's in a positive way.

Matt

Coming On Strong
    has to be the 68 comeback i love it

its got to be the 68 comeback for me too,elvis had to prove to himself he could still do it,my god he let the world know he was back.elvis is back forever.

Im afraid there is no contest for me, 68 special gets my vote,dont even have to think about it, the 68 special was what made me an Elvis fan so its very special to me but the fact he looks and sounds amazing does help!! I need a cold shower after I watch that!!

I do love Aloha, a brilliant concert and he sounds so rich, a lot of meaningful songs as well were sung. Does bring a tear to my eye sometimes that concert.
    Elvis-Memories,Sweet Memories-Elvis

68 Comeback Special

I thought the 1968 Comeback Special was better than Aloha, because Elvis was excited, at the top of his game, and overall, just very glad not to be on a movie set for once. He was so cool!

I'm finding it very hard to decide. I love both of them so much, and think that they are in many ways contrasting, showing different sides of Elvis. Although I'm incrediblely tempted to vote for 68 Comeback as it shows Elvis with so many energy, passion and greatness, making the most incredible return to a live audience (and he looked ridiculously wonderful, on top of his game in so many ways )... his singing in the Aloha is just so heavenly, with stunning performances too and he appealed to so many people, reaching out to so many in just such a short time.

I can't decide... they're both fantastic, and although I really want to vote for the 68 Comeback Special, I feel as though by voting for it I might do Aloha some kind of injustice so ummm I don't know.

But really for me the 68 Comeback was so spectacular and important for him that if I had to choose then it would be that. I guess. Hmmm.
    Amzie
    "Few will have the greatness to bend history"
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3.../69pccopy3.jpg

there both fantastic shows
    so I DONT KNOW!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast