Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: elvis and ginger

elvis and ginger

Hello friends

I'd like to tell you that elvis and ginger where getting married on christmas day in 1977.The wedding was to be announced on the August tourclosing in Memphis 1977.
    I don't know if you all already knew this but i thought this was interesting.

adios
    Dave

There are quite a few people who seriously doubt this.

I wasn't there so I don't know what would have happened. Who knows?
    "Taking Care Of Business In A Flash!"

There's many conflicting stories to whether this was true or not.

yeah, i've read that most of his close friends say they think he would've never married her.

Why should he marry her? Elvis had clearly lost interest in Ginger, he even started to date other girls. One of them was a bank teller named Alicia....

Quote Originally Posted by elvis himselvis View Post
    Hello friends

I'd like to tell you that elvis and ginger where getting married on christmas day in 1977.The wedding was to be announced on the August tourclosing in Memphis 1977.
    I don't know if you all already knew this but i thought this was interesting.

adios
    Dave
    I have heard many stories about Ginger but that was never one of them... Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

I just read that elvis was seeing other women at the same time as Ginger.He did'n't like her any more as she wasn't looking after him like Linda used too and she was a mommies girl.Some of the mafia members actualy blamed Ginger for Elvi's death because she left him unnatended so long while she slept and talked to he mother on the phone.Linda used to check on Elvis constantly as he was quite often over medicated at this time and would often choke.

I think Elvis may have hoped that Ginger would turn out to be one he would like to marry but I think he had gotten disappointed in her and wouldn't have married her in the end. Similar situation to Priscilla.

reaction

thanks for your replies

i've read this on a website so that's why i post this to let you know
    i don't know if it's true but it's possible.

Mad Tigers
    I don't think he'd have married her...

Quote Originally Posted by Supertigre View Post
    Some of the mafia members actualy blamed Ginger for Elvi's death because she left him unnatended so long while she slept and talked to he mother on the phone.Linda used to check on Elvis constantly as he was quite often over medicated at this time and would often choke.

I think thats dumb (not you) but which ever one of them made that statement . Linda left because she couldn't deal anymore. She said it herself over and over, he wouldn't stop, she couldn't get him to and she was tired of watching him hurt himself. Nobody was going to save Elvis at that point, the damage was done before Ginger even came on the scene.

These guys that make this claim, they were on the payroll, they knew better then anyone he had problems, why didn't they check on him? He was a grown up with problems some he made, some he inherited. He died because he wore himself out. I think its rediculous when they start tossing around the blame game. I watched these guys on TV last night on the Biography channel and they sounded like like babies when they were talking about how they'd get upset when Elvis brought someone else in and they got less attention. When Women would want private time , they'd get upset. When Larry would give Elvis a book Joe said "I had no interest in that stuff" . He wished he'd stop giving him books and that Elvis would "knock off that reading stuff its breaking up the group" . I remember stuff like that, and its no wonder that he'd get mad and fire the whole bunch of them from time to time.

JDD I'm absolutely 100% in agreement with you.

Coming On Strong
    Has anyone ever seen a picture of Ginger's engagement ring from Elvis? I read an interview with Elvis' jeweler. He said that Elvis called him one night and requested an engagement ring right away for Ginger. The jeweler didn't have enough time to find a diamond the size that Elvis wanted so he used the diamond from Elvis' TCB ring. He later replaced the diamond in Elvis' TCB ring.

From all that I've heard and read from those so called people that know about this subject lead me to believe Elvis would have never married Ginger. I've heard that he may have proposed to her but, Elvis had a way of putting things off and would have never gotten around to it.

My personal opinion - I don't think it would have ever come about. I'm basing this on his past history with relationships.
    ..........................Gayle...........................

"When songs made us start to wiggle our hips.
    It came from a combination of R & B and Soul.
    It was the beginning of a new music.
    They called it "Rock 'n Roll."
    ..................by me

tlcElvis was asking if anyone had seen a picture of her engagement ring from Elvis. I'd like to see it, too.

I, also, wanted to ask if anyone knows where there are any recent photos of Ginger anywhere that we could take a look at.
    ..........................Gayle...........................

"When songs made us start to wiggle our hips.
    It came from a combination of R & B and Soul.
    It was the beginning of a new music.
    They called it "Rock 'n Roll."
    ..................by me

Cadillac King
    Nobody knows whether he would have married her or not but she couldn`t have been any worse than his first choice.
    Also I think its wrong to allocate blame to her for Elvis`s death as after all he died instantly so how could she have possible saved him?

I totally agree with JDD, 100% . Those guys are still making money out talking about Elvis and writing about him , and some of them , like Lamar, seem to be glad of throwing dirt on Elvis' name anytime they've got the chance...for god's sake!
    and I love you so..people ask me how..how I've lived 'till now

reaction

i also think you can't blame ginger for elvis death,because he took the stuff by himself and i also think she wanted that he stopped but if he didn't listen to anybody than she can't do anything about it

i think he married linda thompson or pricilla

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast