Thread: dog chews elvis teddy

dog chews elvis teddy

Chews Its Way Through Elvis' ?40,000 TeddyA ?40,000 teddy bear formerly owned by Elvis Presley was destroyed when a guard dog which was supposed to protect it went on the rampage. The rare Steiff bear, named Mabel, was due to form the centrepiece of an exhibition at Wookey Hole Caves in Somerset.

The bear was bought at auction in Memphis, Tennessee, by Somerset aristocrat Sir Benjamin Slade for ?40,000 (around $75,000) and had been loaned to the collection, a Wookey Hole spokesman said.

The dog "went berserk" and ripped the head off the historic toy, he added. Security guard Greg West, 36, was on duty last night when his Dobermann, Barney, savaged the bear.

Mr West, from Bristol, said: "Barney has been a model guard dog for over six years. I still can't believe what happened.

"Either there was a rogue scent of some kind on Mabel which switched on Barney's deepest instincts, or it could have been jealousy - I was just stroking Mabel and saying what a nice little bear she was."

Daniel Medley, Wookey Hole general manager, said some of the bears were kept behind glass but Mabel was on a work surface because she had not yet gone on display.

As well as Mabel, bears worth around ?20,000 were damaged as Barney ran amok in the Wookey Bear Collection.

Mr Medley said: "It's a disaster. The scene is just a horrific mess, with bits of teddy bear everywhere. "There are a good 100 bears scattered around all over the place." Mr Medley said Barney's future at the attraction was "uncertain". Sir Benjamin was not available for comment.Source: Telegraph / Updated: Aug 2, 2006 this was also in the daily news today. elvislady

I read this on my computer news. and a friend also emailed it to me. I wonder what got into that dog? I can't believe it was just jealousy. I bet there was the scent of another animal on it. I sure hope nothing bad comes of this for that misguided hound!

dog eats elvis teddy

All things considered folks i can perfectly respect people being sad elvis' teddy (mabel) is ruined..

But at the end of the day.. I don't think anything bad should happen to the dog (barney) the doberman basically because he is just so cute sooooooooooooooooooo cute..im sure you'll agree

and Elvis ...as i am, was such an animal lover...so dont put barney in doggy jail!!

Elvis grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can
    and the wisdom to know the difference

I agree!!! DOgs like playing with stuffed animals ,it's a miracle he behaved for so long!! it's just a dog, that's what dogs do!!
    and I love you so..people ask me how..how I've lived 'till now