Thread: New book by George Klein...

New book by George Klein...

This was on EIN...
    I don't know too much about George Klein, except when I saw him on tv, some show on Elvis..he said "If Gladys was alive, Elvis would still be alive"...

franny

"Elvis, My Best Man" new book by George Klein: According to the Elvis Australia site Memphis Mafia member, George Klein is writing a new memoir about his friendshgip with Elvis. Due out in late 2007-early 2008 George says" He was best man at my wedding. That's the working title. It will be from day one, from the first meeting in 1948 until today. It will have inside stories that people don't know and pictures people have never seen. You'll hear the whole, true story. I waited because there were so many books and stories that came out about Elvis after he died and into the eighties and I just didn?t want to get caught up in that circus".

Quote Originally Posted by franny
    This was on EIN...
    I don't know too much about George Klein, except when I saw him on tv, some show on Elvis..he said "If Gladys was alive, Elvis would still be alive"...

franny

I'm buying it when it comes out , thats a done deal. I don't have a lot of confidence in that time schedule though as it was supposed to be out this year, and was pushed back more then once haggling over publishing.

i will read some reviews on this book before i buy it. i think it will be a intresting book. i also found this artical some one wrote on elvisnews.(George Klein's book will be very interesting I'm sure since he really was close to Elvis and seems an honest man.Can't wait for it!
    By the way I read somewhere that JD Summner was so fed-up by all the rubbish and untruths written about Elvis that he made a dvd before he died saying that" he would like to clear-up many untruths which were written by so called friends and family.He had kept silent too long! His words not mine ok? We all know JD was Elvis' trusted friend and adviser.
    Anyone knows about this dvd? I would love to get it. Please let me know)
    has anyone heard about this dvd.
    elvislady

Cadillac King
    I didn't know it, but I know that J.D. was also a close friend that loved Elvis and it doesn't surprise me. I have a dvd Called: Elvis, he touched me, in wich also J.D. talks about his memories. It's a great DVD, I think. Everybody talks so respectful and sometimes even emotional about our man. It's about Elvis's gospel side and the influence of it it had on Elvis. If I see the dvd I'll buy it, that's for sure. I hope that someday the tv stations will also broadcast doc's like that, so that other people see a diferent side of Elvis. Up till now the doc's they broadcasted where mostly negative towards Elvis. They showed only the so called "bad side" of Elvis. maybe it is because most people only want to know the juicy stuff, wether it's true or not.

Christel (TCE)

Cadillac King
    George Klein is a good guy. I`m sure the book will be great. I wasn`t aware he was writing one.

This book will ROCK! Anything GK has to say about EP is going to be interesting. After all these years he's always giving a new untold story about EP that is fresh and new to our ears. Unlike the other members of the Mafia. They just backtrack and change their stories. Klein was one of the good ol boys who cared deeply for EP and was there longer than anyone else in EP's life. So if anyone knew him best it was GK.

Quote Originally Posted by EP75
    This book will ROCK! Anything GK has to say about EP is going to be interesting. After all these years he's always giving a new untold story about EP that is fresh and new to our ears. Unlike the other members of the Mafia. They just backtrack and change their stories. Klein was one of the good ol boys who cared deeply for EP and was there longer than anyone else in EP's life. So if anyone knew him best it was GK.

GK was also one of the few that knew Elvis from the start at Humes, and he didn't rely on Elvis for his income, he always had the radio jobs . I love his show to this day.

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elvislady
    i will read some reviews on this book before i buy it. i think it will be a intresting book. i also found this artical some one wrote on elvisnews.(George Klein's book will be very interesting I'm sure since he really was close to Elvis and seems an honest man.Can't wait for it!
    By the way I read somewhere that JD Summner was so fed-up by all the rubbish and untruths written about Elvis that he made a dvd before he died saying that" he would like to clear-up many untruths which were written by so called friends and family.He had kept silent too long! His words not mine ok? We all know JD was Elvis' trusted friend and adviser.
    Anyone knows about this dvd? I would love to get it. Please let me know)
    has anyone heard about this dvd.
    elvislady
    I have that show on vcd. JD focuses mainly on all the rumours surrounding his death and afterwards, like Elvis being alive. One thing I remember clearly is that he mentioned being the one who dyed Elvis' hair before the funeral. Odd, considering Larry Gellar's story that HE is the one who did it with some gals mascara. Anyway, it is interesting to watch just to see a different side
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

it was larry and charlie hodge that attended to elvis in the funeral home.
    thanks for the info on the vcd intresting stuff.
    elvislady

Update...

I just saw this on EIN...
    If this is true, it doesn't sound like it will be coming out anytime soon...

franny

Book by George Klein questioned: Bill Burk had this to say about the announced memoir by George Klein: "George Klein has been "going to publish" this book since we first tried to interview him for our own book, EARLY ELVIS: THE HUMES YEARS, (now in its 3rd printing), in 1990! He's insisting on a $1 million advance from any publisher, when, in FACT, all Priscilla Presley got for her book was $750,000. IF ... the Geeker's book DOES eventually get printed, I will be quite interested in seeing ALL the photos of him with his best friend Elvis during their Humes days. Meanwhile, don't hold your breath for this release."

Don't believe everything you read, Franny. I think there are some who are envious of GK's relationship with E and take it out on him. I think this book will be as good as Schillings if not better because GK was a true friend who never stabbed E in the back.

I'm not really sure what the point was, of burks comments but If Burk wants me to chose sides, I'll chose GK.

This Is Elvis 2DVD Official Release For August 2007?The Australian E.I.N. site mentions another confirmation that Warner Bros will be issuing a 2 disc DVD release of "This Is Elvis". George Klein mentioned on his all original Elvis hour radio show that "Warner has updated and "refreshed" the original film that was released back in 1981". This latest news follows earlier news from Elvisly Yours' Sid Shaw and the UK magazine, Record Collector (see story dated 23 May 2006), of the release.Source: Elvis Information Network / Updated: Jul 24, 2006
    there are mixed feelings about this dvd. elvislady.

Quote Originally Posted by elvislady
    This Is Elvis 2DVD Official Release For August 2007?The Australian E.I.N. site mentions another confirmation that Warner Bros will be issuing a 2 disc DVD release of "This Is Elvis". George Klein mentioned on his all original Elvis hour radio show that "Warner has updated and "refreshed" the original film that was released back in 1981". This latest news follows earlier news from Elvisly Yours' Sid Shaw and the UK magazine, Record Collector (see story dated 23 May 2006), of the release.Source: Elvis Information Network / Updated: Jul 24, 2006
    there are mixed feelings about this dvd. elvislady.

Whats the down side to them releasing this again? Seems like if you want it buy it if you don't don't. It hasn't been out on a legally issued DVD before now.

Quote Originally Posted by JDD
    Whats the down side to them releasing this again? Seems like if you want it buy it if you don't don't. It hasn't been out on a legally issued DVD before now.
    I couldn't agree more. If you don't want to buy it then don't.

Home > News > Book
    Who Is the Greatest? Elvis Or The Beatles?Due for release August 28, 2006 is a new softcover 232 page book by Mike Stephens and Bill Slater entitled "Who Is the Greatest? Elvis or the Beatles?". This book will be published by the Dorset Group (ISBN: 0976802112).Source: Elvis Information Network / Updated: Aug 1, 2006 heres another book i come across on elvis news. what are your thoughts i know the Beatles wrote there own material but elvis was the greatest to me.
    elvislady

Cadillac King
    I like george but was he a great friend to elvis in high school as he claims?

George Klein has a vivid imagination. Most of his stories about Elvis and the prominence he attaches to himself in the Elvis world is unfounded.

Klein is an ex-con, and most people around Elvis don't listen to his ramblings. He was told so many porky's his validity is gone for good. His book will probabaly look better in the fiction section of any bookstore.

Quote Originally Posted by joanne
    I like george but was he a great friend to elvis in high school as he claims?

From things Elvis has said and others have repeated, I don't think anybody was a Great friend with Elvis in High School, but he used to tell people that GK was one of the few people that were nice to him in High School. Great guy and he often has guys from both factions of the Memphis Mafia on his show now that back that. The only ones I've ever heard put him down were Lamar Fike, and Marty and neither one of them really seems to have anything good to say about anybody these days.