Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to determine dates of photo's

During his 1973 January/February engagement he wore a combination of the "Hawaiian Male Vine" and a "Lion Claw" on a long chain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lion Claw 2.jpg  

Then comes the April tour of 1973. From April 22nd to April 26th Elvis only wore the single "Anch". During the show in Portland on April 27th Elvis wore the "Anch" and a "Gold Star of David" on a single chain.
    During both Spokane shows on April 28th Elvis only wore the "Gold Star of David".
    The rest of the tour Elvis didn't wear any necklaces.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gold Star of David 1973.jpg   Combi Star - Anch 1973.jpg  

Brilliant stuff Leroy! Thanks for taking the time to show us some of the ways in which to distinguish what year a particular concert and suit that went with it was.

Thank you Joe, your most welcome. And keep your eyes fixed because there wil be more.

Awesome Leroy, wonderful!

Thank you, it's greatly appreciated!

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

During the July tour of 1973 Elvis altered between some pieces. It?s always the ?Lion Claw? (on a short chain or a long chain), the ?Anch? or the ?Blue Cross?. In Atlanta on June 21st Elvis wore the ?Lion Claw? (on a long chain) in combination with the ?Anch?. During his first show in Long Island on June 22nd it was the ?Lion Claw? on a short chain with the ?Blue Cross?. On the 23rd at 3:00 pm it was only the ?Anch? while the evening performance was for the ?Blue Cross?. The closing show was for the ?Anch?.
    The two Pittsburgh concerts and the Cincinnati concert is blank for me because I don?t have any clear pictures. The same goes for Mobile at the beginning of the tour, Atlanta on July 29th, Nashville on July 1st afternoon show and Oklahoma City.
    St. Louis was played with the ?Lion Claw? (long chain) with the ?Anch?. The 3:00 pm show in Atlanta on June 30th was for the ?Lion Claw? (long chain) and the ?Blue Cross? while during the evening performance only the ?Anch? was used.
    During the evening show in Nashville Elvis wore the ?Lion Claw? (long chain) with the ?Blue Cross? and finally in Atlanta on the very last show of the tour it was the ?Lion Claw? (short chain) with the ?Blue Cross?.
    As I?ve already mentioned I miss a couple of dates because of the lack of some good pictures. Maybe someone can help me filling out the blank spots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blue Cross 1973-1974.jpg  

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    I always like the information you provide Leroy it's always concise.

Regards,

Matt

This is so great Leroy, it will certainly make us take a closer look at the pictures. Thank you

Leory,

Want to thank you for the AWESOME work you did on "The History of Belts" on EPPG!

Thank you for the kind words Tommy, but don't forget Matt. He is the one that makes it all possible.

Backstage Pass
    Excellent stuff Leroy, keep it up - this is great info.
    I've puzzled over a few of these before but never sorted out a proper time line.
    Sensational.

Thanks
    Piers

To Unchained: Thank you for the compliment. I know you are a top designer yourself and hearing it from you gives me great pleasure. To tell you the truth; I can't wait to get to his rings either. I wonder how I'm gonna overcome some of the designer problems.

To Piers: Thank you for the kind reply. It's a hell of a job but someone's got to do it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    Thank you for the kind words Tommy, but don't forget Matt. He is the one that makes it all possible.
    Never forget Matt I love his awesome web sit.

cshepherd
    Thanks for the great info. will make me look twice at a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by cshepherd View Post
    Thanks for the great info. will make me look twice at a picture.
    That's exactly the meaning of this all. I hope to continue this thread soon.

Great info

Leroy,

Thanks for this great thread. This is something that all the fans need, correct information. Love your designs too and I can't wait for more info on this subject. Please, go on...

Ferry

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    I just feel honoured that you allow me to display your artwork and share your knowledge

Regards,

Matt

It makes me glad my efforts are appriciated.
    Unchained: I'm working with a program called Ulead PhotoImpact. During the work I save it as a UFO-file. When it's finished it'll become a JPG.
    I do not master all possibilities yet, I'm still experimenting with making different kind of stones.
    Last edited by Leroy; 02-04-2007 at 08:05 PM.

And now were're getting at the end of 1973. This is a very unclear period which is usual for Vegas. There are only a handful of pictures of the period before the end of the engagement. What we do know is that he altered a lot between the "Anch" and the "Blue Cross". Sometimes even the ?TCB Pendant? came around the corner. It all becomes a lot easier in the period between August 31st and September 3rd.
    During the dinner show on August 31st Elvis wore the "Anch" and the "Blue Cross" together.

At an informal meeting in his dressing room just before the 3:00 am show on September 1st Elvis received a gift from the hotel; a special thick and long gold necklace called the "Hilton Bolo Chain".
    Elvis would wear it throughout the rest of the year.

September 1st - 3:00 am: "Anch" + "Hilton Bolo Chain"
    September 1st - Dinner show: "Anch" + "TCB Pendant" + "Hilton Bolo Chain"
    September 2nd - Midnight show: "Anch" + "Hilton Bolo Chain"
    September 3rd - Dinner show: "Anch" + "TCB Pendant" + "Hilton Bolo Chain"
    September 3rd - 1:00 am show: "Anch" + "TCB Pendant" + "Hilton Bolo Chain"
    September 3rd - Closing show: "Anch" + "TCB Pendant" + "Hilton Bolo Chain"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails August 1973 necklaces.jpg  

A somewhat mystical period is the January/February 1974 engagement in Las Vegas. Only very little is known costume wise let alone about the jewelry. What we do know is that two items were used for sure. The "Diamond Maltese Cross" he got as a present from Linda. It could be either a Christmas 1973 present or a Birthday 1974 present.
    Elvis also wore another necklace during this engagement both on- and off stage. It was very hard to make out what kind of necklace it was but I have tried to re-create it a close as possible. It can be either gold or silver, I chose for the last version. If anyone out there have a better picture of this necklace please let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails January 74 necklaces.jpg  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast