Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to determine dates of photo's

Backstage Pass
    Could someone please add light on this: Did Ron Tutt miss some shows from the Las Vegas December 1975 season? I found conflicting reports on the net.

Leroy,

What date/dates did Elvis where the turquoise necklace with the Nail Studded Suit?

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

That was during the April tour of 1973 Tommy. Unfortunately I can't give you a specific date because I'm in Canada right now and therefor not able to brows my database. But I will do that as soon as I get home.... I suspect however it has to be Spokane....
    Last edited by Leroy; 03-13-2008 at 08:10 AM.

Roustabouts
    Quote Originally Posted by medleyofcostumes View Post
    Could someone please add light on this: Did Ron Tutt miss some shows from the Las Vegas December 1975 season? I found conflicting reports on the net.
    Jerome Munroe played drums also in Philadelphia November 8, 1971.

The other 2

December 7, 1975 and June 24, 1977

Backstage Pass
    Thanks for the info!!!

International Level elvispresleytheking's Avatar
    Is there any way to tell if a Cisco Kid Pic is from January/Feb. 1971 or Aug./Sept.?

Quote Originally Posted by elvispresleytheking View Post
    Is there any way to tell if a Cisco Kid Pic is from January/Feb. 1971 or Aug./Sept.?
    Yes there is. And it's an easy one too. In January/February there were no Cisco Kids at all. Elvis started to wear these type of outfit for the first time during the summer season at Lake Tahoe. First there were the two-piece Cisco Kids, they were used during the second half of his Lake Tahoe season and the first part of his August/September engagement in Las Vegas. The jumpsuit versions of the Cisco Kids were introduced in Las Vegas. Hope this answers you question.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    The "older" suits have not been taken in. But I strongly believe the more recent suits as the "Mexican Sundial" and the 1974 "Arabian" were taken in a bit. It would also fit into the policy of EPE as a way of denying Elvis' weight problem.
    I asked the security guard at Graceland if they had taken in the sundial suit cause it look totally different from the CBS Special in the profile. He said, No Elvis was only a 38 waist when he did that show. But it looked more like a 34 waist at the most. Also the belt didn't have any extra white showing from Elvis expanding it to fit his waist. The design came up close to the buckle.

I always noticed how EPE constantly repackages, the 68 comeback and The Aloha show like them two shows where Elvis' only accomplishments in life. and in my Opinion, Aloha was a fine show but I think I've seen him a lot better in some of those 8mm films and even the MSG shows.

The "older" suits have not been taken in. But I strongly believe the more recent suits as the "Mexican Sundial" and the 1974 "Arabian" were taken in a bit. It would also fit into the policy of EPE as a way of denying Elvis' weight problem.
    I asked the security guard at Graceland if they had taken in the sundial suit cause it look totally different from the CBS Special in the profile. He said, No Elvis was only a 38 waist when he did that show. But it looked more like a 34 waist at the most. Also the belt didn't have any extra white showing from Elvis expanding it to fit his waist. The design came up close to the buckle.

I always noticed how EPE constantly repackages, the 68 comeback and The Aloha show like them two shows where Elvis' only accomplishments in life. and in my Opinion, Aloha was a fine show but I think I've seen him a lot better in some of those 8mm films and even the MSG shows.

is very interesting,im charmed with the idea,you are brillant thans you my friend,

Thank you!

Thank you for your work of inforum us abaout everything(you are genial)

Yes there is. And it's an easy one too. In January/February there were no Cisco Kids at all. Elvis started to wear these type of outfit for the first time during the summer season at Lake Tahoe. First there were the two-piece Cisco Kids, they were used during the second half of his Lake Tahoe season and the first part of his August/September engagement in Las Vegas. The jumpsuit versions of the Cisco Kids were introduced in Las Vegas. Hope this answers you question.
    I always wondered about that because there're so many photos about that claim to be from February, 1971 that show Elvis in a Cisco jumpsuit (usually the one with green yokes). And, from memory, I think most of the offending video and photographic material that claims thus shows Elvis with the ebony Dove guitar rather than his blond J-200, further indicating to me that they're from August.

There's a photo about of Elvis with the Imperials that's supposedly from February 23, and in that photo it's a Cisco outfit he's wearing (it looks like he's wearing a jumpsuit). Could he possibly have snuck in a Cisco outfit then or is this photo also from August?
    I'm a roving roustabout...

Quote Originally Posted by 1100ccRider View Post
    I always wondered about that because there're so many photos about that claim to be from February, 1971 that show Elvis in a Cisco jumpsuit (usually the one with green yokes). And, from memory, I think most of the offending video and photographic material that claims thus shows Elvis with the ebony Dove guitar rather than his blond J-200, further indicating to me that they're from August.

There's a photo about of Elvis with the Imperials that's supposedly from February 23, and in that photo it's a Cisco outfit he's wearing (it looks like he's wearing a jumpsuit). Could he possibly have snuck in a Cisco outfit then or is this photo also from August?
    Do you mean the picture I have attached in this reply? If so then it's from August. During the January/February season he looked more like he did at the end of 1970.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 00003_819456.jpg  

Thank You Leroy,very Interesting And Very Useful,it Is Good To Know Things That One Not Wise,good Work

Mad Tigers

Re: How to determine dates of photo's

Hi Leroy
    in the book "Caught in a Trap" there is pictures from 31. august midnight in "Black Spanish Flower Suit" so why is Elvis in the "Lava Suit" when he gott the "Gold Chain" is this dates wrong??
    31. august 1973 dinner show Las Vegas, Nevada 22.00 Black Spanish Flower Suit (with green stones) & Original Belt
    31. august 1973 midnight show Las Vegas, Nevada 22.00 White Spanish Flower Suit & Original Belt
    1. sept. 1973 dinner show Las Vegas, Nevada 22.00 Blue Vine Suit & Original Belt X
    1. sept. 1973 midnight show Las Vegas, Nevada 22.00 Lava Suit & Original Belt X
    2. sept. 1973 3.00 am show Las Vegas, Nevada 22.00
    2. sept. 1973 dinner show Las Vegas, Nevada 22.00 Blue Starurst Suit & Original Belt X
    2. sept. 1973 midnight show Las Vegas, Nevada 22.00 Blue Vine Suit & Original Belt X
    3. sept. 1973 dinner show Las Vegas, Nevada 22.00 White Spanish Flower Suit & Original Belt X
    3. sept. 1973 closing Show Las Vegas, Nevada 22.00 Arabian Suit & Original Belt X

The X is where he is wearing the "Gold Chain" he got from Hilton

So if i understand this right it is a 3.00 am show on the 1. september, and not on the 2. september....well that make sense if you look at the pictures....am i right??

The list should be like this:

Aug 31st - Dinner Show: Black Spanish Flower (Blue/green stones)
    Aug 31st - Midnight Show: White Spanish Flower

Sept 1st - Dinner Show: Aqua Vine + Hilton Bolo Chain
    Sept 1st/2nd - Midnight Show: ?????????

Sept 2nd - 3 am Show: Lava Suit + Hilton Bolo Chain
    Sept 2nd - Dinner Show: ???????
    Sept 2nd/3rd - Midnight Show: Blue Starburst + Hilton Bolo Chain

Sept 3rd - 1 am Show: Blue Starburst + Hilton Bolo Chain
    Sept 3rd - Dinner Show: White Spanish Flower + Hilton Bolo Chain
    Sept 3rd/4th - Closing Show: Arabian Suit + Hilton Bolo Chain

It is kinda confusing. The 3 am show on Sept 1st is actually Sept 2nd because it happened after midnight. That is when a new day is born.
    So technically Elvis received that Hilton Bolo Chain in the wee hours of the morning on Sept 2nd. And... still technically.... the closing show happened on Sept 4th.....

I hope this helped a bit.

Backstage Pass

Thanks Leroy, as always the No. 1 in jumpsuit info!!!!

What suits were worn in Las Vegas and in Lake Tahoe?

That has always been a mind boggling question for me

The only ones I am ALMOST sure of are:

Las Vegas August 1975
    1. Eskimo Totem (Gypsy) - Red Scallop Belt
    2. Eskimo Totem (Gypsy) - Original Belt
    3. Chicken Bone (Aztec) - Original Belt
    4. Chicken Bone (Aztec) - Light Blue Scallop Belt
    5. Black & White Two-Toned (Penguin) - Jacket of 1 and pants of another

Las Vegas December 1976
    1. Red Phoenix - Original Belt 2
    2. Chief (Indian)- Chief Belt 2
    3. Egyptian (Inca Gold) - Chief Buckle
    4. Blue Swirl (Rainbow) - White Scallop belt
    5. Arabian 2 (Ace of Spades) - original belt

But what about the other engagements?

To have the jumpsuits from all shows is close to impossible, but is it possible to give us the jumpsuits worn from each Vegas and Tahoe engagement?

Mad Tigers

Hi Leroy
    But if Elvis get the Hilton Bolo Chain september 2 befor 3.00am how is it possible he is using it on Sept 1st - Dinner Show: Aqua Vine + Hilton Bolo Chain...

This is something wrong here is`nt it??? or.....

Thank you Leroy I`ve learnd a lott from you....

Also, beside the one with the short winged fringe suit, are there any pictures we KNOW are from the Winter 71 Vegas engagement.
    I also think it would be helpful to have something about the guitars used.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast