Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Priscilla the liar

I was there when Elvis married Priscilla jak and I don't remember any feeling of jealousy at the time. I never even dreamed that he was obtainable for me, I didn't have Priscilla's ego and I was involved with my own life. I did hope that it would be a happy marriage for him. I felt a twinge of jealousy and digust for her after the divorce because here she was surgically very beautiful, rich, got everything she wanted and then didn't want him anymore.

It's the way she went about meeting Elvis at that tender age that wasn't the normal thing. She later claimed Currie Grant raped her. She'd been quite active for that age and thought that one up to cover herself for when Elvis found out she wasn't the innocent young girl he thought she was. That's some pretty forward thinking for a 14 year old.

As far as Vernon speaking well of Priscilla to a fan visiting at the house, what else would you expect? He's not about to sit down and discuss family matters with a total stranger. He was being polite as he should have been. And yes I do believe Priscilla was hovering around his deatbed waiting for her opportunity to take control of Graceland. I think she kept quite close tabs on what was going on a Graceland after the divorce and especially after Elvis died.

I agree with Dovey in that Priscilla was taught to be this way by her mother but she's still taking directions from her and still doesn't see the wrong in it. People who will do whatever it takes to get what they want no matter who they step on or hurt or manipulate are selfish and cold - no other way to see it!
    Last edited by Diane; 08-12-2006 at 07:55 AM.

Why do you think past rock stars have kept a veil of secrecy around marriages in the past and had concerns about its effect on their image?It can turn some female fans off and it did upset some female fans at the time.Thats not just true of Elvis but any many big performers back then.As far as Vernon being polite to a "fan".How many fans had Elvis hand them a gold TLC necklace?How many fans got personal phone calls from Elvis?How many back then called Vernon at Graceland and got invited up to the mansion including access to the upstairs?I've been very lucky over the years to know people who actually have first hand information.Elvis was a typical southern guy and she ws the mother of his only child and if you dont think that created an unbreakable bond between the two you are fooling yourself.He would tell Mama Pauline time and time again how often he asked her to come home but she just wouldnt do it and that was up until the end and it wasnt just for Lisa.I ddint read that in a tabloid it was told to me by mama pauline.
    Jak

Point taken jak about needing a veil of secrecy when a big star gets married. I agree with you that it can damage their image but it didn't in Elvis's case.

My point in this whole argument is that Priscilla's parents were in the wrong to let her out at night to visit at a star's home at that age. What other motive could they have had than to hope she could get him and put them all on easy street? What do you think everyone meant when they all said she seemed much older than her years? My parents wouldn't have let him near me. I was terribly smitten with him too like thousands of other girls at the time but I told a friend "gee I sure wish I wasn't too young for him". Turns out he married a girl a few months younger than I was.

I still say Vernon would not have said anything against Priscilla to your friend. It's just not done.

I can't debate what Maman Pauline had to say about Elvis claiming he asked Priscilla to come home several times over the years. I don't know and I've never heard or read of this. Only Elvis knows how he really felt and he can't tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    He would tell Mama Pauline time and time again how often he asked her to come home but she just wouldnt do it and that was up until the end and it wasnt just for Lisa.I ddint read that in a tabloid it was told to me by mama pauline.
    Jak
    AHA !!! At least you?ve got to where we all are talking about in this thread = Priscilla the liar. Why she wouldn?t come back with him because she wanted to lead her own life and after his death she started to act like she was still his wife and has the nerve to say she still loves him. For God?s sake ... she is living with another man for 20 years now and has a child with him. Wether her husband is so cold as she or she needs a psychiatrist or she thinks she lives in a soap opera. She can make up whatever she wants but we here in the real world have enough brains to see the facts.

Ahh Donut thank you! I was getting exhausted here. You got it - Elvis may have had feelings for her but SHE DID NOT LOVE HIM - she trapped and married him for GAIN.

How many times have famous people and ordinary ones got divorced and still proclaimed their love for each other?Pointing to that as a lie makes no sense at all.I think Linda probably loved him but she left too.I dont think some of you know how difficult it was to live with Elvis.It wasnt a fairytale all the time.Everything had to be about him and you were of secondary importance.Im sorry if that sounds harsh but its true.The guy never had to grow up and that was his problem.He had everybody near him since he was a very young man telling him how great he was 24/7 and throngs of people worshiping the ground he walked on.That would have an efect on anyone's personality and ego.
    I cant speak for her parent's letting her go to see Elvis.It was a chance to see a star of huge magnitude so it depends on the circumstances.I cant recall the exact details of how she got there etc.I still say it was Elvis' responsibility to not start something with a young girl.I dont care how slick she was our mature acting our guy Elvis had a lot more experience with the the other sex than she did.No little girl was going to dupe Elvis Presley in 1960 my friends.
    Vernon brought up Priscilla not my friend.I tell that story because no matter what you guys may think or have read Vernon and Elvis along with a lot of people around Elvis respected and trusted her always.Elvis was the reason for the breakup not her and Elvis himself said that.
    Another thing about Priscilla.Of all the people around Elvis wasnt she and maybe Linda the only people who really aspired to be their own person.They left on their own terms while Elvis was still around.Doesnt that show us something about their character maybe?Everybody else seemed just fine with the status quo and running around like lapdogs around Elvis.Not many people were strong enough to go against Elvis.
    Why shouldnt she be proud of the Presley name?I sure as hell would.I dont blame her for not dropping it.She has always defended him and his legacy.I may not agree with the product they deliver but it brings the cash in and EPE is a business nothing more.I didnt read Child Bride yet but I have the Presley's dvd and I honestly dont see any negativity in it.It may be slanted towards her and her family because its their story and I thought it interesting to see her parents and hear them.You guys do realize that Elvis blood relatives are a bunch of "kooks" to put it mildy.To hear there side get the new book by his cousin who claims she got married to him after 1977 if im not mistaken.Some info on her may be on Bill Burk's website.Ive always heard Elvis was ashamed by most of his family which contained a lot of alcoholics.Ive always heard Elvis was ashamed of most of them.Priscilla was articulate and well spoken as was her family.
    Jak

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Priscilla was articulate and well spoken as was her family.
    Jak

Priscilla is not well spoken, she can?t move her mouth anymore.
    Hope to talk with you in another thread, this one is already boring me

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Priscilla is not well spoken, she can?t move her mouth anymore.
    Hope to talk with you in another thread, this one is already boring me

"Ditto" for me Donut.

"Unbelievable it has reached the boring and time to move on point!!!!!!" Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Quote Originally Posted by Dovey View Post
    "Ditto" for me Donut.

"Unbelievable it has reached the boring and time to move on point!!!!!!" Dovey
    Let?s have a beer and talk about things concerning Elvis, she has nothing to do with him since early 70?s anyway

Here's one (or two) to you!!!!!!

Elvis is sure someone we want to talk about.... he was a Fantastic person and a gift from God... It is a waste of time to argue about
    his x-wife anyway.

Long Live The KIng...

Have a great day... see you on another thread.. Dovey

Jak,keeping the child in spirit is one thing but being a selfish megalomaniac fool,is another..and Elvis wasn't such a person for sure no matter how many yes people was around him..he never was a shallow, spoilt person,and have you ever thought why Elvis said that the reason was him for the divorce..could it be because he was a real gentlenmen..what else he could have said,some truth to make his x bad.??.no, it wasn't in him..but it seems that you so believe in the "image Elvis" and cannot see the difference between the image and the man himself..as for his ex,yes she was secondary to him as many of us would have been..what was her goals or purposes..I'd have asked myself what important thing I achieved in life comparing his..The happiness Elvis gave to that many people, his talent and what he left behind is here and will be here to stay forever..yes! he was the important one..but to accept this,one must be mature enough,less jealous ,and less self centered..who's ego is bigger now,who is control crazy..for God's sake..look in their eyes both,if only in pics..what do you see??
    Last edited by 4THEHEART; 08-13-2006 at 03:28 PM. Reason: to add some more..why?

See you all on another Elvis post and yes let's have that beer - better still how about a marguerita?

if that will be served in Acapulco,while our boy is singing...

Elvis not spoiled?I think that comment shows the mindset of what Im dealing with here to be honest along with him not having a huge ego.I think turning down the lights and walking out to 2001 begs to differ.
    You guys finally convinced me.I just looked at a photo of Elvis and Prscilla and I did see the devil incarnate in her eyes.How did I miss that?
    Jak

nice!

Well Jak, I guess some might say that I've gone crazy and am no good, but saying that Elvis didn't have a huge ego doesn't mean I'm a mental case..!

To be honest, Elvis was quite shy and why should adding some impressive element to a show be representative for the man in his intimate environment?

For some he was just Elvis the singer, but don't forget there's Elvis the Friend, Elvis the human being. For better or worse, I feel that Elvis would have aged more gracefully in the first place and comparing some photo's now convinces me that Elvis was a nice guy.

I don't think it's opportune to blame Elvis for being magnetic to a 14yo either.
    Last edited by EnigmaticSun; 08-16-2006 at 01:06 PM. Reason: adding some interesting element
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

You guys finally convinced me.I just looked at a photo of Elvis and Prscilla and I did see the devil incarnate in her eyes.How did I miss that?
    Jak

Hey Jak, the only devil incarnate I see is in your eyes!!! Have a great day and so happy that we gave you such enjoyment.... Dovey

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567