Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Priscilla the liar

Quote Originally Posted by jak
    I would point out one undeniable fact to anyone who doesnt think she wasnt a victim of sorts.Do you remember how old she was when Elvis became interested in her?Elvis was the adult and she was just a child.You have a guy take her from home based on promises that Im sure were not kept.Im guessing Elvis was unfaithfull first.Please dont think Im bashing Elvis.He was the ultimate performer but far from a perfect human being just like the rest of us.I think all his lying and cheating did make her a victim.He never should have gotten involved with a girl that age to begin with.I dont know how he escaped a huge scandal.
    Jak

Nobody here is a victim.
    Elvis got interested in her...yes, she was young but Elvis wasn't so old...it can happen and in those years a girl supposed to be more mature than a 14 years old girl nowadays.

Anyway...Elvis always respected her and I think he considered her a girl with whom he could be serious and not just having fun...he had dozen for that.
    Cilla felt in love too but I don't think she was so ingenue..don't forget she always said she wanted to have sex, also if she was so young but Elvis didn't want to.

I don't want here to discuss about their love or relationship...I think Elvis was interested in her and maybe he thought to a possible life with her.
    Anyway I think things changed with the time; Cilla knew everything before getting married...and she can't complain about her decision to marry him.

The point here is why we don't like her...and we already said it....nothing about the past life and choices but what she decided to do after his death.
    I can't stop seeing her as a very cold woman who is interested only in money and keeping his own image of the "poor victim" of the King.

Nobody here considers Elvis perfect as human being and he hadn't to be like that...he made his mistakes...but that 1973 they decided to DIVORCE and it seems that Cilla has forgot it.
    She doesn't deserve the name Presley...se had to build her own life (since he found a man and had another child) and to stop acting as a widow..
    Last edited by ForeverTheKing; 07-24-2006 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by songs4u
    joanne,

I put this statement in one of my threads about the ones who really loved Elvis. I hope you don't mind me putting it here. I was typing it and I got so aggrevated with Miss Priss and then I thought about your thread and here it is.

I think Elvis had the old fashioned southern ideas of how and what a wife should be, which is fine.
    Priscilla knew this when she moved in with him. Her playing the part of a naive teenager is a bunch of bull to me. Everyone talks about how mature she acted. She knew what she was doing. She was planning to marry Elvis Presley, the "King of Rock 'n Roll".

She couldn't leave until she got the name.

She knew his lifestyle and what he expected of her before she ever married him. What did she have, 6 years to think it over?

Overnight she turned from a schoolgirl to Mrs. Presley who ran the house and had no more fear of Elvis throwing her out. She did anything and everything he said before they were married. She even admits she was afraid someone else would have gladly taken her place if she didn't do what he said.

I think she loved him to some degree BUT, at the end when he was in trouble and dying and everyone saw what was happening to him, if she loved him so much she should have gone back or done anything she could to get him back on track. I think when you love someone, really love them, you'll do anything to save their life. Elvis may not have wanted to marry when he did but, I think he loved her. Elvis might have been helped by her coming back and trying to help him. I don't know if everyone's heard the live version of "It's Midnight" when he says in the song "listen, Cilla". And you know he recorded that song late in his career so he was still thinking about her.

I guess that's what pisses me off the most with her. I think that's why I dislike her so much.

She should have been there for him. She says everyone tried talking to him including her. But, I don't know how much of anything she says is the truth.
    She says he confided in her when he felt lost over his mother's death. I think she sort of puts it like she replaced that loss in his life.

When you love someone unconditionally you sometimes have to think of them when they're in trouble before you think of yourself. He was in trouble.

Sorry for my ranting and raving. It hurt me so much when Elvis died and anyone I feel that could have helped him in any way and didn't upsets me.
    Yep, Gale, You got her nailed Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

You?re so right!!

Quote Originally Posted by jak
    I've never really understood the intense negative feelings people have about her.I give her credit for being independent enough to leave Elvis back then.I like Elvis as much as anybody do you any of you think he was a good husband?He was a joke as a husband.She could trash him but she never has.Elvis was just a human being and had his faults.Everybody around Elvis has contradicted themselves over the years.It was a long time ago and I dont think the people who were around Elvis sit and dissect and study his every move like we do.Memories fade and opinions change.Its human nature.Dont forget it was Vernon who brought her back to handle things.He must have trusted her.Like it or not she did do her job very well from a business standpoint.I think some people are jealous of her marriage to Elvis and others blame her for his decline.
    Jak
    I totally agree with you on this, Jak!
    I can?t see why people are wasting their time to digging others lives the way they do!
    Elvis sure was The King of Rock ?n?Roll (what he still is after all those years), but he wasn?t that great as a husband!
    Cilla being a victim, well, she could be that. Elvis was giving her a hard time during their marriage and I think the divorce was the only way out for her.
    And I can?t blame her for that!
    Maybe you all ( who?re thinking Elvis as a victim here) should open your eyes and MINDS and stop talking the bullshit about things you don?t know! Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by J.P
    I totally agree with you on this, Jak!
    I can?t see why people are wasting their time to digging others lives the way they do!
    Elvis sure was The King of Rock ?n?Roll (what he still is after all those years), but he wasn?t that great as a husband!
    Cilla being a victim, well, she could be that. Elvis was giving her a hard time during their marriage and I think the divorce was the only way out for her.
    And I can?t blame her for that!
    Maybe you all ( who?re thinking Elvis as a victim here) should open your eyes and MINDS and stop talking the bullshit about things you don?t know! Ok?

I repeat...Elvis was not a victim and he did mistakes during his marriage, Cilla was not a saint but everybody here can have his own opinion about her....I don't like that woman and I don't want to waste time to talk about someone I don't care....

I'm with Gayle and Dovey. Priscilla wasn't an innocent young girl when she met Elvis and she knew full well what life with him was going to entail. I think he had her number long before they married and that's why he had to be forced into marrying her. I think he cared for her but wasn't "in love" with her. As for her, I don't think she ever had any deep feelings for him at all. She may not be able to have deep feelings for anyone. She's too self-involved.

One thing that has stood out as totally hypocritical in Elvis By The Presley is Priscilla's mother continuing to say they tried to talk her out of a relationship with him. Sure, that's why they let their 14 year old go live with him at Graceland.....c'mon!

And yes Gayle, I also believe she might have been of help when his health was failing. Having her and Lisa back in the house might have brought his spirits up and helped him cut down on the pills and take better care of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverTheKing
    I repeat...Elvis was not a victim and he did mistakes during his marriage, Cilla was not a saint but everybody here can have his own opinion about her....I don't like that woman and I don't want to waste time to talk about someone I don't care....
    you have not done a bad job so far. elvislady

I have known this for a long time about Priscilla...she is a liar and always wanted the attention! Bad! The Book I read was Elvis and Me...Priscilla lied through the whole book and she made herself like she's the "good" girl.
    Oh, Please Another one was that masde me so Mad is she says that she is the "Widow".

I never read "Elvis and Me", I just saw the movie they made from the book. I don't know how close the movie was to the book. I think she portrays herself the same way in both. I wonder if she helped pick out the actor and actress to play Elvis and her.
    ..........................Gayle...........................

"When songs made us start to wiggle our hips.
    It came from a combination of R & B and Soul.
    It was the beginning of a new music.
    They called it "Rock 'n Roll."
    ..................by me

I've seen "Elvis and Me" and I happened to catch a part were they made like Elvis "Raped" Priscilla. I know that he had his temper tantrums but I don't think that he would have done anything like that considering his upbringing. I don't know if this was in the book or not but when I seen this it really tore me apart. By this I think she's sending out a very tainted image of Elvis out.

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane
    I'm with Gayle and Dovey. Priscilla wasn't an innocent young girl when she met Elvis and she knew full well what life with him was going to entail. I think he had her number long before they married and that's why he had to be forced into marrying her. I think he cared for her but wasn't "in love" with her. As for her, I don't think she ever had any deep feelings for him at all. She may not be able to have deep feelings for anyone. She's too self-involved.

One thing that has stood out as totally hypocritical in Elvis By The Presley is Priscilla's mother continuing to say they tried to talk her out of a relationship with him. Sure, that's why they let their 14 year old go live with him at Graceland.....c'mon!

They actually talked Priscilla into it, pushed her so to speak. Priscilla was fascinated by Elvis and spent hours and hours playing "what if" games with her friend about him. She set out to meet him and convinced a friend/nightclub manager of Elvis's, Currie Grant, in Germany to set it up. He told her the kind of girl Elvis liked and they prepared her to meet him. She appeared to be demure, submissive and a virgin, sort of passive, when she met Elvis, not asking alot of questions or getting excited, just like she was told. It worked well, and Elvis was immediately smitten, especially after she convinced him she was a virgin, "unspoiled". According to her classmates, she was not any of these. They saw each other frequently as Priscilla came home later and later, sometimes the next morning. Priscialla's mother allowed it because she was living vacariously through her daughter. smitten herself with Elvis. Pris's step-dad (yeah he's not her real dad) was seeing dollar signs.

Elvis left Germany and proceeded to date other women make movies and music and occasionally string Priscilla along. She continued to play the role, and see many other people while pretending, with Elvis, to be pining away for him. According to many at her school she was sexually agressive with other boys. And these are not just guys she dated saying this. She got suspended one time for it.
    All this is a far cry from the sweet innocent virgin girl pining away for Elvis for years until they got married, that she has created and pushed into the Elvis legacy.

Anyway, Elvis gets her to come to Las Vegas and she does, but gets a taste of "Life with Elvis" and comes home a bit dispirited and let down but still holding on to the fantasy Elvis. At one point in Vegas she gets her hair done up and Elvis tells her he hates it and sends her back upstairs to fix it, let it out, because he likes it long on her and down. She does, but when she gets home to Germany she is still so hurt by the episode that she cuts it all off short.

She seriously dates several other people and is hesitant to leave when Elvis tries to bring her out again. Her parents push her this time, and she breaks up with the football star she's dating to do it. She get's back in the role and stays in it this time with a different goal and attitude. To become a Presley at all costs. But, eventually, the true Priscilla starts to come out again.

Read "Child Bride", it's amazing. It has alot of evidence and supportive interviews to back it up and presents it against Priscilla's book and countless interviews she has done. Priscilla's story comes out unable to stand up and constantly contradicting itself over the years. She has been living lies since she was a child, long before she met Elvis. She knows no other way. It's a fascinating story. Someone should turn it into a movie. I would even recommend it to a non-Elvis fan. I'm pretty sure it is why she did the movie and Elvis by the Presleys last year.
    Last edited by Menwithbrokenhearts; 07-25-2006 at 12:38 AM.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Thanks a lot for your post Menwithbrokenhearts!

I haven't read that book but I'd like too...just to have another point of view of the facts.
    Nobody can know the truth...only Cilla knows and she'll never tell it to us...but this is the poof there can be doubts about her "innocence".
    Of course Elvis got involved with her and I don't have doubt he can't be consider "the victim", but of course there's a lot more to know about Cilla....more than the image she still wants to show us.
    I wonder what was her reaction to that book...

Its all really a mute point because none of were there and we dont know the details of their lives.All we have is opinions based upon books and our perceptions.When you admire someone so greatly as we do Elvis we tend to erase any faults from our mind.As Elvis himself said the entertainer and man are two different things.Im sure most people would be shocked if they knew more intimate details about Elvis personal life.He was no choirboy.As far as her book Elvis And Me,who knows?Could be 100 % accurate.I dont know because I wasnt their but I dont think she painted such a horrible picture of Elvis.She may have been a savy 14 year old girl but I would bet Elvis had her beat in that department by the time the met.Im guessing Elvis would have been in the drivers seat when it came to impressionable 14 year old girls at the time.Once he left the army he could have dropped her but evidently he didnt want to.
    Jak

I still can?t understand how her parents let their 16 year old daughter move from Germany to Memphis with a rock star 10 years older than she. The only reason i can find is they had dollar signs in their eyes.
    Or would you let your children do that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Donut
    I still can?t understand how her parents let their 16 year old daughter move from Germany to Memphis with a rock star 10 years older than she. The only reason i can find is they had dollar signs in their eyes.
    Or would you let your children do that ?

No...I totally agree!

It's true that people got married early in the past but I can't understand why they let her go, especially because of her age and the fact Elvis wasn't a "normal" person.
    They always tell they were really worried and they only tryed to make their daughter happy and I think that Elvis insisted a lot, of course...but it's hard for me to think something like this...if I had a daughter I couldn't do it, especially at that age.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverTheKing
    No...I totally agree!

It's true that people got married early in the past but I can't understand why they let her go, especially because of her age and the fact Elvis wasn't a "normal" person.
    They always tell they were really worried and they only tryed to make their daughter happy and I think that Elvis insisted a lot, of course...but it's hard for me to think something like this...if I had a daughter I couldn't do it, especially at that age.
    You are right. You can?t control your children seeing people you don?t want them to befriend when they live in you own city and besides they always do what they want anyway, that?s life. But sending them yourself to another continent ????
    Who are the Beaulieu family trying to fool ? Do they think we were born yesterday ?

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwithbrokenhearts
    They actually talked Priscilla into it, pushed her so to speak. Priscilla was fascinated by Elvis and spent hours and hours playing "what if" games with her friend about him. She set out to meet him and convinced a friend/nightclub manager of Elvis's, Currie Grant, in Germany to set it up. He told her the kind of girl Elvis liked and they prepared her to meet him. She appeared to be demure, submissive and a virgin, sort of passive, when she met Elvis, not asking alot of questions or getting excited, just like she was told. It worked well, and Elvis was immediately smitten, especially after she convinced him she was a virgin, "unspoiled". According to her classmates, she was not any of these. They saw each other frequently as Priscilla came home later and later, sometimes the next morning. Priscialla's mother allowed it because she was living vacariously through her daughter. smitten herself with Elvis. Pris's step-dad (yeah he's not her real dad) was seeing dollar signs.

Elvis left Germany and proceeded to date other women make movies and music and occasionally string Priscilla along. She continued to play the role, and see many other people while pretending, with Elvis, to be pining away for him. According to many at her school she was sexually agressive with other boys. And these are not just guys she dated saying this. She got suspended one time for it.
    All this is a far cry from the sweet innocent virgin girl pining away for Elvis for years until they got married, that she has created and pushed into the Elvis legacy.

Anyway, Elvis gets her to come to Las Vegas and she does, but gets a taste of "Life with Elvis" and comes home a bit dispirited and let down but still holding on to the fantasy Elvis. At one point in Vegas she gets her hair done up and Elvis tells her he hates it and sends her back upstairs to fix it, let it out, because he likes it long on her and down. She does, but when she gets home to Germany she is still so hurt by the episode that she cuts it all off short.

She seriously dates several other people and is hesitant to leave when Elvis tries to bring her out again. Her parents push her this time, and she breaks up with the football star she's dating to do it. She get's back in the role and stays in it this time with a different goal and attitude. To become a Presley at all costs. But, eventually, the true Priscilla starts to come out again.

Read "Child Bride", it's amazing. It has alot of evidence and supportive interviews to back it up and presents it against Priscilla's book and countless interviews she has done. Priscilla's story comes out unable to stand up and constantly contradicting itself over the years. She has been living lies since she was a child, long before she met Elvis. She knows no other way. It's a fascinating story. Someone should turn it into a movie. I would even recommend it to a non-Elvis fan. I'm pretty sure it is why she did the movie and Elvis by the Presleys last year.
    They wanted to turn it into a movie but Priscilla blocked it.
    This business regarding Currie Grant has always bewildered me because he was the man Priscilla referred to in her book as "Kurt" the man who tried to rape her as he drove her home from seeing Elvis.
    She said in her book that she told Elvis about this and he got rid of Currie.
    This is obviously a lie because Currie is pictured with both Elvis and Priscilla just before he left to go back home to the States.
    Why would she lie in Elvis and Me?
    The only reason I can think is if any stories came out about her having sex with him then she could say he tried to rape her.
    In 1961 Currie took some photographs of Priscilla to send back to the States for Elvis and in them she is laughing and joking with Currie. That is not the actions of someone who is in the company of a man who tried to rape her.
    Elvis wouldn`t of asked him to take photos either.
    There is a lot of deception about this and Priscilla has lied.
    There were also pictures of her with other guys that were taken while she was still in Germany and Elvis was in America. There is nothing wrong with dating other people but Priscilla lied about it in her book and said she couldnt date anyone else as she was in love with Elvis even writing to him and saying "believe me theres no-one else"
    Why hide it why not just tell the truth.
    There are too many innacuracies in Priscilla`s version of events.

Here is an interview with the author of Child Bride Suzanne Finstad-

http://www.etopiamedia.net/embw/page...8-5551212.html

Backstage Pass
    i totally beleive childbride its a very good book and well sourced.
    men have come forward who were astounded to find out they had nt been included in priscilla s book and couldnt undestand why she had excluded them and claimed she didnt have any other boyfriends after elvis left for the states.
    currrie grant has always said that priscilla walked up to him and asked him to arrange a meeting with elvis and not the other way round that priscilla states
    elvis should have let her go in 67 when he was being pressured by captain beaulieu to marry her but he and the colonel knew it would affect his career if beaulieu went to the press so the marriage was as elvis himself said in the taped red west telephone conversation in 1976 "railroaded through" .
    i feel so sorry for elvis as he didnt know half of what was going on and was deceived so badly
    he didnt use people for his own ends and trusted too many and thats why he got hurt so badly .

Menwithbrokenhearts wrote
    It worked well, and Elvis was immediately smitten, especially after she convinced him she was a virgin, "unspoiled". According to her classmates, she was not any of these.
    I read this somewhere, too.

I've heard recently about the book "Child Bride", and I'm going to read it.

I've read things said about her being so young when moving in with Elvis.

You know, being from the south I have family that started out early in marriages. My grandmother was married and pregnant at 14. But, that's the south. I think Elvis, the man, was thinking like a southern. Elvis, the "King of Rock 'n Roll" knew he had to protect his image because the rest of the world might not embrace this southern thinking. I don't think he was seeking out a 14 year old but, it just happens that's who he met up with. (I, personally, think he met her because of some planning on Miss Priss' part.)

The thing is, Miss Priss wasn't from this type of culture. I could understand her parents letting her go with Elvis when she was very young if they were living in that same culture. They were not. I have to wonder why they let her go. I mean, she could beg all she wanted about going to live with him but, we're talking about a under-age individual who's parents were still responsible for. I believe, (and, of course, this is my just my opinion) that if it had been just Elvis, the southern man they wouldn't have let her go. They let her go to Elvis, the celebrity superstar. (Or did they persuade her?)

I read things about Elvis being pressured into marrying her. I can see where that might be a fact. I wonder sometimes if she had been of age this whole time would he have chosen to marry her? Was he with her long enough to realize, maybe, he didn't want to marry her. Maybe, he really wanted to marry her, I don't know. Look at how long he was with Linda. They never married (although Linda says he wanted to marry her at the end). I've kind of thought if he wasn't already obligated in that situation with her he might have wed Ann Margaret.

..................by me

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by songs4u

I read this somewhere, too.

I've heard recently about the book "Child Bride", and I'm going to read it.

I've read things said about her being so young when moving in with Elvis.

You know, being from the south I have family that started out early in marriages. My grandmother was married and pregnant at 14. But, that's the south. I think Elvis, the man, was thinking like a southern. Elvis, the "King of Rock 'n Roll" knew he had to protect his image because the rest of the world might not embrace this southern thinking. I don't think he was seeking out a 14 year old but, it just happens that's who he met up with. (I, personally, think he met her because of some planning on Miss Priss' part.)

The thing is, Miss Priss wasn't from this type of culture. I could understand her parents letting her go with Elvis when she was very young if they were living in that same culture. They were not. I have to wonder why they let her go. I mean, she could beg all she wanted about going to live with him but, we're talking about a under-age individual who's parents were still responsible for. I believe, (and, of course, this is my just my opinion) that if it had been just Elvis, the southern man they wouldn't have let her go. They let her go to Elvis, the celebrity superstar. (Or did they persuade her?)

I read things about Elvis being pressured into marrying her. I can see where that might be a fact. I wonder sometimes if she had been of age this whole time would he have chosen to marry her? Was he with her long enough to realize, maybe, he didn't want to marry her. Maybe, he really wanted to marry her, I don't know. Look at how long he was with Linda. They never married (although Linda says he wanted to marry her at the end). I've kind of thought if he wasn't already obligated in that situation with her he might have wed Ann Margaret.
    I agree. My great grandmother was married and had her first child at 14. Maybe it is a thing in the south. I think Pris was 17 when she moved in. Alot of people have an image of a 14yr old, but that was when he met her. I also believe that he was backed into a corner by Pris's parents and the Colonel. Apparantely it was overheard that he promised the Bealieus that he would marry her if she came to live. You know how he was with promises, I mean look at the situation with the Colonel. He stuck with him to the bitter end. I think once they had him convinced he had to do it, they, as Elvis said, "Railroaded" it through before he changed his mind.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

I agree. My great grandmother was married and had her first child at 14. Maybe it is a thing in the south. I think Pris was 17 when she moved in. Alot of people have an image of a 14yr old, but that was when he met her. I also believe that he was backed into a corner by Pris's parents and the Colonel. Apparantely it was overheard that he promised the Bealieus that he would marry her if she came to live. You know how he was with promises, I mean look at the situation with the Colonel. He stuck with him to the bitter end. I think once they had him convinced he had to do it, they, as Elvis said, "Railroaded" it through before he changed his mind.
    I've heard and read so much about Elvis not being able to get out of the marriage. If he did promise Miss Priss' parents and then refused to do it they could have tried to ruin his reputation if they went to the press about it. Elvis tried to be respectful of his image for his fans. They could have screwed him up. I think the Colonel knew how badly they could have made things for Elvis. Elvis was the Colonel's golden goose so he certainly didn't want his reputation ruined. I've heard and read that he, too, put some pressure on Elvis.

I doesn't matter what we hear or read. It seems Miss Priss and her parents are the only ones alive now that really know. And you know what they're going to say. The same story as her book "Elvis and Me" and the "Elvis, by the Bealieus, I mean Presleys" show.

..................by me

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast