Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the normal things EP did in life fascinate you?

Does the normal things EP did in life fascinate you?

I'm not talking about going to the bathroom, or the doctor's for that matter. For example, just before he became a household name worldwide, he had a series of unbelieveable photos taken of him by Albert Wertheimer in 1956, taking the train from New York to Memphis. One photo that fascinates me is the one taken home in Memphis, having just gotten off the train ( on the way back from New York ) where he crosses a field and decides to walk home, alone. This wonderful photo brings tears to my eyes, I can't explain it. Just a normal activity by a young man prior to becoming the biggest star the world has ever known, yet it somehow intrigues me beyond belief. Does anybody else feel the same way and have stories or photo's?

Does the normal things EP did in life facinate you?

Yes.I have a few pictures that makes me think what was he thinking about.There is one taken by Albert Wertheimer in 1956,with Elvis looking out the window in the train.He looks kind of sad.I wonder what was he thinking.One that I don't like to see is one taken when Gladys died.He is sitting in the front porch of Graceland with Vernon and they're both crying.Poor guy.That one makes me cry.

MLY
    "Man,I just work here"
    EP 1968 ComaBack

Quote Originally Posted by GirlHappy19
    Yes.I have a few pictures that makes me think what was he thinking about.There is one taken by Albert Wertheimer in 1956,with Elvis looking out the window in the train.He looks kind of sad.I wonder what was he thinking.One that I don't like to see is one taken when Gladys died.He is sitting in the front porch of Graceland with Vernon and they're both crying.Poor guy.That one makes me cry.

MLY
    That photo of him and his dad get's to me as well. On a lighter note, how about when he took that commercial flight in Dec of 1970 to go see Nixon. Can you imagine sitting on a plane and Elvis is next to you! I wouldn't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Car
    That photo of him and his dad get's to me as well. On a lighter note, how about when he took that commercial flight in Dec of 1970 to go see Nixon. Can you imagine sitting on a plane and Elvis is next to you! I wouldn't believe it.
    Yeah, that would be totally awesome. I don't know how I would react though. I'm already shy, so that's how I'd probably would be.

Have any of you seen the picture of him with Lisa Marie as a baby, lying on his chest? That picture is sooo sweet! Just love it! And there's another that I like that he took with Lisa. It's a part of that family portrait series. He was wearing his shades holding a cigar and he was looking at her. She was so cute!

TCB Mafia
    Would love to see that pic, is it possible???

One photo that fascinates me is the one taken home in Memphis, having just gotten off the train ( on the way back from New York ) where he crosses a field and decides to walk home, alone. This wonderful photo brings tears to my eyes,

Quote Originally Posted by riley

One photo that fascinates me is the one taken home in Memphis, having just gotten off the train ( on the way back from New York ) where he crosses a field and decides to walk home, alone. This wonderful photo brings tears to my eyes,
    Riley, hopefully somebody who has access to this photo will post it. If you have a chance, Wertheimer's incredible book will be released this October, brilliant photo's of a 21 year old Elvis, just before he took the world by storm.

Cadillac King
    I hope that this pic of Elvis walking home alone can be posted. Seems a great pic to me. I have two pic's that give me shivers. He seems so sad. And I'm trying to get the pic where elvis is in his car after a concert and he seems very to himself, looking out of the window, in thoughts. I wonder what he's thinking at that moment

Christel (TCE)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elvisinthe50s042.jpg   early%20years%2077.jpg  

Does the normal things EP did in life fascinate you?

Quote Originally Posted by riley

Here are the pics of Elvis with LM
    Last edited by GirlHappy19; 08-14-2007 at 05:24 PM.
    "Man,I just work here"
    EP 1968 ComaBack

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    I think Elvis was far from normal even before the days he was an international superstar. That's why I am intriged with all things Elvis, from the early days through to the end...... there is so much more out there yet to be discovered, Elvis was a virtual recluse for the most part and that's what keeps people wanting more because every time you find out something new it adds another layer to the enigma

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie
    I think Elvis was far from normal even before the days he was an international superstar. That's why I am intriged with all things Elvis, from the early days through to the end...... there is so much more out there yet to be discovered, Elvis was a virtual recluse for the most part and that's what keeps people wanting more because every time you find out something new it adds another layer to the enigma

JJ

Well said. He kept so much private, didn't do interviews the last half of his life. He
    didn't talk politics or publicly bash anyone or anything, or really even defend himself when others did it to him, that he really is the everything right now which is why he connects to people from different races, political backgrounds especially as both left and right want to claim him . Pretty much anyone can look at Elvis and think He thought just like me on that, and maybe he did .

I think Elvis carried his title the "King of Rock 'n Roll" with dignity. He was a great role model for others in his profession to follow but, so many haven't.

I think each person in their way has a purpose. Some people's purposes are smaller than others but that doesn't make them necessarily less important. Elvis' purpose in life was bigger than any of us could imagine. I wonder if it was bigger than he could imagine? I've often wondered if he lived long enough to accomplish his total purpose. What do you think?

I've read where some wonder when looking at pictures what he might have had on his mind. I can only imagine.

When I watch "Aloha from Hawaii" and see his naming flashing in lights behind him in different languages I think how prophetic. Is there a country in this world today that doesn't know this person on a first name basis. It's incredible. I often wonder what astounding things he would have done had he lived longer.

To answer your question - I would love to hear genuine stories of Elvis just being a regular guy and the day to day things he did. I enjoyed the pictures that have been posted here. I like seeing him off stage just being himself.
    ..........................Gayle...........................

"When songs made us start to wiggle our hips.
    It came from a combination of R & B and Soul.
    It was the beginning of a new music.
    They called it "Rock 'n Roll."
    ..................by me

Quote Originally Posted by JDD
    Well said. He kept so much private, didn't do interviews the last half of his life. He
    didn't talk politics or publicly bash anyone or anything, or really even defend himself when others did it to him, that he really is the everything right now which is why he connects to people from different races, political backgrounds especially as both left and right want to claim him . Pretty much anyone can look at Elvis and think He thought just like me on that, and maybe he did .
    So true!

I think that if Elvis had been more outspoken about his personal beliefs, like some celebrities are, he would not have such a large, diverse fanbase. I think that's one of the many reasons for his appeal.

Click on the attachment to see the picture, I hope it works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails etrain5fi.jpg  

Actually in the Wertheimer book, there's a better photo. Somebody from another site was kind enough to post this photo.

I didn't know this photo but there's another Wertheimer pic where Elvis is walking towards a glass door or somethin and he's dressed in grey suit, he's carrying a bag or his guitar but you can only see his back. it's also a great capture. Anyone has got it? I'm tryin to find it. Elvis was the celebration of the super-ego. He used his super-ego mostly, his intuition and it came from a huge amount of love that he got from his family, the most from his mother. So that's what we're all looking for in life and we can feel and see this thing in Elvis. It just comes through. His real enigma is his super-ego and that's exactly what we feel and see in him. In an interview Jackie Kahane told to the reporter that he had known only two persons who had no ego. Elvis Presley, and the reporter (just for the joke). But this explains a lot I think. We all have to leave our bad-ego. Just an artist without ego and with just love and emotion could ever possibly make an impact on people like Elvis did. See Michael Jackson who is also an extremely sensitive and emotional person. But he also got some of his BAD -ego and that's what broke him. I'm afraid the same happened with Elvis in the later years. He just couldn't handle it anymore. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzarella
    I didn't know this photo but there's another Wertheimer pic where Elvis is walking towards a glass door or somethin and he's dressed in grey suit, he's carrying a bag or his guitar but you can only see his back. it's also a great capture. Anyone has got it? I'm tryin to find it. Elvis was the celebration of the super-ego. He used his super-ego mostly, his intuition and it came from a huge amount of love that he got from his family, the most from his mother. So that's what we're all looking for in life and we can feel and see this thing in Elvis. It just comes through. His real enigma is his super-ego and that's exactly what we feel and see in him. In an interview Jackie Kahane told to the reporter that he had known only two persons who had no ego. Elvis Presley, and the reporter (just for the joke). But this explains a lot I think. We all have to leave our bad-ego. Just an artist without ego and with just love and emotion could ever possibly make an impact on people like Elvis did. See Michael Jackson who is also an extremely sensitive and emotional person. But he also got some of his BAD -ego and that's what broke him. I'm afraid the same happened with Elvis in the later years. He just couldn't handle it anymore. Sad.
    I remember the photo, or something to that effect that you are talking about, but I don't have it. I just watched a nice clip of EP getting at a gas station late night, Oct 4/1976. It's combined with another clip as well, here's the link.

www.youtube.com then enter presley-moody blue on search.

Quote Originally Posted by TCE
    I hope that this pic of Elvis walking home alone can be posted. Seems a great pic to me. I have two pic's that give me shivers. He seems so sad. And I'm trying to get the pic where elvis is in his car after a concert and he seems very to himself, looking out of the window, in thoughts. I wonder what he's thinking at that moment

Christel (TCE)
    I think I know the pic you're talking about...he's looking out of the limo deep in thought, I wonder what he's thinking as well? I don't think I have the exact one, it's close, but I think I found the one taken from that same time frame...

here's a link of pics of Elvis in his limo...the second pic (top right corner) is the one I think is from that same time...

franny

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/cand...limos7577.html

I got this from another site...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	560704white017vp.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	14087

Name:	560704white022ps.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	14088

Name:	560704white038ss.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	14089

Name:	560704white048jt.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	14090

Name:	560704white054fm.jpg 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	14091

Name:	560704white062id.jpg 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	14092

Name:	560704white070fs.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	14093

Name:	560704white080wj.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	14094

Those are great pics, Joe!
    Thanks, for posting them...I don't think Elvis had the chance to walk around freely like like that for much longer after those shots...Do you know where those shots were taken?

franny

Quote Originally Posted by franny
    Those are great pics, Joe!
    Thanks, for posting them...I don't think Elvis had the chance to walk around freely like like that for much longer after those shots...Do you know where those shots were taken?

franny
    I believe July 4/1956 in Memphis, he just got off the train from New York.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast