Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graceland and Precilla

Graceland and Precilla

Hello

I don't know how everyone is going to react to this coment,but I am curious to what would have happend to Graceland if Precilla had done nothing to restore Graceland.You can compare lpictures and see the big change with Graceland to what it used to be and the way it looks now.I know that alot of fans dislike Precilla
    back when Elvis was alive and they like her even less now.She's done things that has made us mad,sad and I have even cried at times like when she was showing Graceland to american idols and the part where she was showing Elvis' resting place.She was acting like it was one more piece of Graceland to show off to visitors.
    Now,I hate to admite it,but thanks to her we're abled to see what Elvis' world was like.we're abled to see where he lived and died.We can see the planes,the horces,his cars and much much more.Elvis' left us in 1977 and that's a long time ago,but I guess because of Graceland,his music and Precilla's effort to keep his memory alive he still selling records.Alot of famous singers had died after elvis like frank sinatra,John Lennon and we don't have access to their houses and personal belinging to see.What im saying is that everuthing is not bad with Precilla,i am sorry if I offend anyone by saying this.

Mary Lou Yong
    Last edited by GirlHappy19; 08-14-2007 at 05:24 PM.
    "Man,I just work here"
    EP 1968 ComaBack

No doubt about that for me. She's far from perfect, and she's alienated a lot of fans and maybe rightfully so but myself, I don't carry a grudge. She did save Graceland as far as I'm concerned, even if some people want to say she didn't, because she had smart business people working for her. Thats , what managers do. As for her personal life etc , I couldn't care less about what she thinks about this or that or claims to be.

Brace yourself though because this isn't a popular stance.

Backstage Pass
    I am grateful that Graceland is opened to the public and always will be but that doesn`t mean that we have to get on our knees and thank her as she knew she was onto a goldmine. Forget all the crap about well we took a gamble and didn`t think it would pay off and forget all the crap about I only opened it for the fans. She has made zillions from this and that was her motivation for opening it to the public although I`m glad she did. That goes for all the tossers as well like Jack Soden who makes me want to puke quite frankly as he has openly admitted not to being an Elvis fan well how the hell has that man still got a job I`d show him the door straightaway after saying that. He shouldn`t be in that position if he doesn`t like Elvis. Hes a ****
    Last edited by Sonny; 07-08-2006 at 04:07 AM.

I know is nice to have Graceland open to the public but i enjoyed even more visiting Elvis birth place in Tupelo, i think is more moving and they didn?t convert it in a circus like they have done with Graceland. So if she wouldn?t have opened it for the fans to visit we still would have Tupelo, Sun studio, High Humes, Studio B, Stax, Elvis grave etc, etc, etc ... plus all the exibitions.
    For the selling records after his death thing i think he would sell the same without her and the best thing of all we would be able to hear and see the good part of him that she is controlling for not being showed to the world. The tacky stuff will finish when she retire and get a life. I hope to live enough years to see it.

I say "Ditto" to Graceland 123 and Donut!!!!!!

That's really all I have to say because if you go back to other posts on cilla you will know how I feel and that will not change any and Elvis is not here to defend himself ... case closed for me!! Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut
    I know is nice to have Graceland open to the public but i enjoyed even more visiting Elvis birth place in Tupelo, i think is more moving and they didn?t convert it in a circus like they have done with Graceland. So if she wouldn?t have opened it for the fans to visit we still would have Tupelo, Sun studio, High Humes, Studio B, Stax, Elvis grave etc, etc, etc ... plus all the exibitions.
    For the selling records after his death thing i think he would sell the same without her and the best thing of all we would be able to hear and see the good part of him that she is controlling for not being showed to the world. The tacky stuff will finish when she retire and get a life. I hope to live enough years to see it.
    she wont get a life thats the problem.
    its funny how she wanted one when elvis was alive .

The picture you posted of Graceland the way it used to look is my picture. It was taken in the 70s. I haven't been to Graceland since Elvis died. For one thing it's too sad. I'm a great fan of Elvis'. I got to go to Graceland a few times when Elvis was alive. I have LPs, 45s, cds, movies, dvds, etc... That's all I need, personally.

Maybe, Priscilla does care something about Elvis' legacy and I'm glad the fans that want to go get a chance to go to Graceland but, I think Priscilla's money hungry and I know she wants to hold on to that last name.
    ..........................Gayle...........................

"When songs made us start to wiggle our hips.
    It came from a combination of R & B and Soul.
    It was the beginning of a new music.
    They called it "Rock 'n Roll."
    ..................by me

Plastic-Prizzy is showing the house like she thinks it should have been. She tells the Elvis story like she thinks it should have been told and she re-decorated the mansion like she thinks Elvis should have lived if he only had a better taste.

If you open a museum you should present the things as they where - if you like it, or not. You can't re-write history only because you are not satisfied with it.

To make it short: I don't like Plastic-Prizzy's way of presenting Graceland!

Throne

Quote Originally Posted by orwell1976
    Plastic-Prizzy is showing the house like she thinks it should have been. She tells the Elvis story like she thinks it should have been told and she re-decorated the mansion like she thinks Elvis should have lived if he only had a better taste.

If you open a museum you should present the things as they where - if you like it, or not. You can't re-write history only because you are not satisfied with it.

To make it short: I don't like Plastic-Prizzy's way of presenting Graceland!

No??...maybe she could present it better if she opened the bathroom to the public and tell the 'fell from the throne' joke eh?!

F * * * this, I don't know why I bother with these Forums!
    "I oughta break you in half!"...

"If you do, you'll have two very short friends!"

Quote Originally Posted by orwell1976
    Certainly not a nice way to die, but I still like the expression "The King Fell From His Throne". Not nice, but funny.
    Quote, Unquote.
    "I oughta break you in half!"...

"If you do, you'll have two very short friends!"

orwell1976 wrote

I've never been through the tour at Graceland but, I've seen pictures and orwell is right about Priscilla re-decorating Graceland the way she wants it to look. Whenever you hear her or Lisa talk about Graceland they say it hasn't changed at all since Elvis died. People have seen pictures of Elvis in the house and the way he had it decorated before he died. Does Priscilla think the public is stupid and they can't tell the difference between red and blue?

..................by me

TCB Mafia
    I must say I haven't seen one pic with elvis or priscilla or little lisa in the interiour we see know at graceland. Not one.

I often wonder did it looked like it is now when he was married to Pris.

I do remeber the red interiour in pics with linda thompson on it, and also linda in the tv room and kitchen.

But none of priscilla while living there, not in the kitchen, nor in the tv room, nor in the dining room...

strange. Maybe she just don't wont to share her personnal pictures.

I think there must exist lots of private pics of the three of them but we will never see them.

Graceland and Precilla

Quote Originally Posted by riley
    I must say I haven't seen one pic with elvis or priscilla or little lisa in the interiour we see know at graceland. Not one.

I often wonder did it looked like it is now when he was married to Pris.

I do remeber the red interiour in pics with linda thompson on it, and also linda in the tv room and kitchen.

But none of priscilla while living there, not in the kitchen, nor in the tv room, nor in the dining room...

strange. Maybe she just don't wont to share her personnal pictures.

I think there must exist lots of private pics of the three of them but we will never see them.

There are a few pictures of Elvis and Precilla.A few were taken during a xmas party were Elvis is holding a gun.A few others when Lisa was born and others with Lisa,Elvis and Vernon during xmas also with Vernon dress as Santa.There is one also during the 60's where they're posing in front of Graceland showning the Nativity set.Now,inside the house I have not seing one.The house in California has a few.Including a big one on the wall in back of the sofa.She made some big changes in there.If you come to think there is nothing like Elvis left it.
    Last edited by GirlHappy19; 08-14-2007 at 05:24 PM.
    "Man,I just work here"
    EP 1968 ComaBack

Quote Originally Posted by songs4u
    orwell1976 wrote

I've never been through the tour at Graceland but, I've seen pictures and orwell is right about Priscilla re-decorating Graceland the way she wants it to look. Whenever you hear her or Lisa talk about Graceland they say it hasn't changed at all since Elvis died. People have seen pictures of Elvis in the house and the way he had it decorated before he died. Does Priscilla think the public is stupid and they can't tell the difference between red and blue?
    I totally agree with you Gayle. In my eyse Priscilla is just an ordinary money maker and doesn`t care about Elvis` legacy at all. What really pissed me off was the way she talked in the dvd `Elvis by the Presleys`. She talked about `our` room and `our` house...... I`ve always thought that the `our part` ended in 1973 or am i mistaken..... A lot of fans still worship her, but i never will.....miss Beaulieu didn`t do Elvis any good when he was alife en she certainly didn`t after he died. Elvis himself didn`t put her name in his will......i think that says it all.
    ELVIS IS KING AND YOU REMEMBER THAT !

ad schijven, you are right. Priscilla left that house a long time ago.

She still refers to it as her home. She said on the Oprah show not long ago that when she made the decision to open up Graceland she was showing how they lived. It was her life opening up, too.

Sometimes, she almost pulls me in and makes me believe in her. Then I read statements by Elvis fans and they pull me back to reality.

That "Elvis, by the Presleys" was a bunch of crap. I enjoyed the Elvis footage but, how many actual **** people were in that - that were blood relatives of Elvis'. I think 2, Lisa and his cousin Patsy. Priscilla pulls her mother and father into it. She pulls her sister and brother-in-law in. I read somewhere where someone wrote that it should have been called "Elvis, by the Beaulieus".

..................by me

Graceland and Precilla `

Quote Originally Posted by ad schijven
    I totally agree with you Gayle. In my eyse Priscilla is just an ordinary money maker and doesn`t care about Elvis` legacy at all. What really pissed me off was the way she talked in the dvd `Elvis by the Presleys`. She talked about `our` room and `our` house...... I`ve always thought that the `our part` ended in 1973 or am i mistaken..... A lot of fans still worship her, but i never will.....miss Beaulieu didn`t do Elvis any good when he was alife en she certainly didn`t after he died. Elvis himself didn`t put her name in his will......i think that says it all.

Hello

Let me make something clear here.I am not a Precilla Fan.To me she was just the wife of Elvis Presley.I don't care about her,but I as a human being wish her well.I think that we all came to this world for a reason.We all have a mission.Elvis himseld asked the very same question"Why am I here?Why me?Neither we know why,but we're glad that Gladys Love Presley gave birth to a beautiful Baby boy on a cold winter day.The boy who had a mission and he completed that mission given himself to us.Is true that Elvis left nothing to Precilla on his will.And yes it makes me angry too the way she took over.What about Lisa Marie?She's not a Baby,but she let's her mother run the business like a circus.Sometimes all of this makes me sick.Everything you buy has the seat of EP Enterprice.She's behind all of this,but LM is no angel.He was her father.She's the one who has to say stop this!But she's doing nothing but colleting the money.That's what is all about $$$$
    MLY
    "Man,I just work here"
    EP 1968 ComaBack

Lisa says her mother never tells her what to do. Well, it seems to me that Priscilla makes all the decisions when it comes to EPE. Lisa can say she's the CEO but, I think Priscilla pulls the strings.

I don't usually talk about this but, it seems like Lisa and Priscilla always want to say how Graceland re-charged Elvis and gave him a since of home but, I think - they think - they are too good for the south. They are so important in Los Angeles. Priscilla and Lisa act like Memphis should be honored everytime they show up there. Memphis is where the greatest entertainer of all times came from and he never forgot his roots. That's the difference in Elvis and - Priscilla and Lisa, as far as I'm concerned.

..................by me

Lisa says her mother never tells her what to do. Well, it seems to me that Priscilla makes all the decisions when it comes to EPE. Lisa can say she's the CEO but, I think Priscilla pulls the strings.

I don't usually talk about this but, it seems like Lisa and Priscilla always want to say how Graceland re-charged Elvis and gave him a since of home but, I think - they think - they are too good for the south. They are so important in Los Angeles. Priscilla and Lisa act like Memphis should be honored everytime they show up there. Memphis is where the greatest entertainer of all times came from and he never forgot his roots. That's the difference in Elvis and - Priscilla and Lisa, as far as I'm concerned.

Could be, of course she did do this for Memphis and the south and she could have done it anywhere else.

Its a pretty good foundation that does if nothing else carry on Elvis tradition of giving.

Presley Place - Shelter for Homeless

Lisa Marie Presley was in Memphis, her father Elvis' hometown, on June 8th to preside over the ground breaking of Presley Place. The shelter to be constructed for the homeless is scheduled to open as early as this fall. The Elvis Presley Charitable Foundation donated $1.3 million to the Metropolitan Inter-Faith Association (MIFA) for their widely acclaimed Estival Communities program.

Presley Place will provide up to one year of transitional free housing, childcare and job training to homeless families. The program provides counseling to guide families toward self-sufficiency and includes Weekly Life Skills Classes covering money and household management, parenting, and employment readiness. Families leave their shelters in better shape than they came in. In general, they have paid an average of $1,000 toward back debt and saved up $1,100. The program requires families to deposit 30$ of their income into a savings account.

The success of Estival Place inspired Tipper Gore to declare the program as a 'model for the nation' during a visit in 1995 and the program was included in the Department of Housing and Urban Development's publication Spotlighting What Works, in 1997.

Elvis grew up in Lauderdale Courts public housing in Memphis and after his rock star success, built a mansion, Graceland, which is now a prominent tourist attraction in the city. Built in 1936, Lauderdale Courts was one of the first federal projects in the nation constructed by Roosevelt's Public Works Administration.

Sheila Hensly, Buyer's Agent of Executive Relocation Services, said, "This is a wonderful contribution to the Memphis community. The world knows that Elvis made Memphis famous through rock 'n roll however we are just beginning to realize his generosity through his legacy, the foundation, and his family."

The Elvis Presley Music Room will be a very special added feature at Presley Place. Youngsters living at Presley Place and other Estival Communities will be able to participate in special musical programs and have access to musical instruments. Lisa Marie said that Presley Place would give "hope and opportunity back to those who may have lost it."

Pat Rioux
    Pat Rioux.

I would like to believe that Lisa's heart is genuine like her Dad's when she uses her name and money to help Memphis. I think the housing operation Lisa put into effect is great for the people of Memphis. I know what it means to be poor in the south.

The thing I was talking about mostly in my post was Graceland and the surrounding grounds that sell Elvis. I don't know if this would have gone over as well as it has if it were any place but Memphis. Graceland was Elvis' love. Sometimes, I compare it to how Scarlet thought about Tara in "Gone With The Wind". Elvis got his strength from his roots, I think.

..................by me

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    ad schijven, you are right. Priscilla left that house a long time ago.

She still refers to it as her home. She said on the Oprah show not long ago that when she made the decision to open up Graceland she was showing how they lived. It was her life opening up, too.

Sometimes, she almost pulls me in and makes me believe in her. Then I read statements by Elvis fans and they pull me back to reality.

That "Elvis, by the Presleys" was a bunch of crap. I enjoyed the Elvis footage but, how many actual **** people were in that - that were blood relatives of Elvis'. I think 2, Lisa and his cousin Patsy. Priscilla pulls her mother and father into it. She pulls her sister and brother-in-law in. I read somewhere where someone wrote that it should have been called "Elvis, by the Beaulieus".
    Yeah, I saw that too and, recently when the Pres. visited they called her his "widow". I am rereading "Child Bride " right now and that explains alot. Her mother was in heaven being on that show! But reading this and watching that. What a joke that show was! I wish someone would do a serious movie exploiting the truth about pris, the colonel and all the others that were in it for the money. This "rewriting the history of Elvis" campaign is driving me nuts!
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast