Thread: pittsburg filmed?

Roustabouts

pittsburg filmed?

When is there going a good video tape of pittsburg 76 there is filmed with different camara angles and there must be a soundboars somewhere.....
    so the can make a very good tape!!!!!!!

There is a very good dvd circulating with the title `A new year for Elvis`. It`s made by a Dutch Elvis fan and it contains the best possible footage of this concert with cd sound from the FTD cd.
    This dvd is an absolute `must have` and maybe the best footage on the market today!! Happy hunting !
    ELVIS IS KING AND YOU REMEMBER THAT !

Coming On Strong
    The show is professional filmed by a local TV station. The tape is in hands of a private collector as far as I know. But I think it will be about time this tape will be shared with the fans around the world.
    Greets,
    Erik van den Berg

Thanks for telling. I didn't knew that it was professional filmed.

I also hope that it will be out at the bootleg market or that EPE buys some rights (If they don't have it already.)
    Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend - without a song.'

That's why he still keep singing a song

Hmmm.... I don't mean to be a doubting Thomas, but...
    "The way you looked, the sound of your laughing..."

Backstage Pass
    How do you know all this Erik???? And you you really believe it??. There are so much false rumours and talks about what is out there and what is not.
    I don't believe about the tape.
    BUT !!!!!!!! If it is out there I wanna say "Come out Come out wherever you are"

Quote Originally Posted by Erik van den Berg
    The show is professional filmed by a local TV station. The tape is in hands of a private collector as far as I know. But I think it will be about time this tape will be shared with the fans around the world.

Coming On Strong
    Yes elvis1970nl I believe this is true, and I know this sounds strange but I've very good reason's to believe this is not a rumor at all...!!!
    Last edited by Erik van den Berg; 06-19-2006 at 01:42 PM.
    Greets,
    Erik van den Berg

Roustabouts

http://jeanno.50megs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Erik van den Berg
    Yes elvis1970nl I believe this is true, and I know this sounds strange but I've very good reason's to believe this is not a rumor at all...!!!
    take a look

I have never heard before, that this show was filmed professionally. However, there is one of the best fan-filmed clips ever out there.

This show was filmed by several fans.

Some from very good (very upclose) angles. And others more from a distance.

Some people tried and put this footage together (adding the original music) and editing it till the concert is more or less complete. And yes, some tapes look very nice, though it's always clear it's put together from 8mm audience shot footage.

I never before heard there is a professional film around of the Pittsburgh concert. But hey, anything is possible right?

Sonny

I think Erik Van Den Berg is right.

I'm sure he knows more about this, than us
    Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend - without a song.'

That's why he still keep singing a song

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I have the dvd Elvis' Rockin' Pittburg and its been edited to give the impression of a full concert and it almost is, although i've never heard it was filmed professionally, and i doubt that it was.

Roustabouts

look here

www.elvicites.com/~ jenno/page01

Quote Originally Posted by stefan S
    www.elvicites.com/~ jenno/page01

Something must of happened to the link... because it is gone
    Dovey...
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    I have the DVD A New Years With Elvis. It is nearly complete. Great footage. Most of the footage from See See Rider to Polk Salad Annie is nearly complete. Then when it goes from Band Introduction (which it really isn't on the DVD) to Can't Help Falling In Love is nearly complete to but not like the other songs. Rags to Riches is on the DVD as well. I think that is the first time it came out on DVD because I never seen that angle. You only can make out the top of Elvis' head. I didn't believe that this was Rags To Riches until I watch the bonus features and it was on the bonus features with the original sound from the film and by god it is Rags To Riches. I put my on VCD because it was acting funny in two of my DVD players. But in one of them it played all the way through so I had to put it on 2 CDs. But I got it.

This is a must if you can find it.
    Two Thumbs Up on this.

Coming On Strong
    I think this link will work better:

http://www.elvicities.com/~jeanno/

(THX Jean-no?l for placing this link on the Elvis rare footage forum...!!!)
    Greets,
    Erik van den Berg

Roustabouts

The very best version of this dvd is called The Complete 1976 New Years Eve Performance. I have about 5 different ones, and this one is the very best. Has all songs from the show and runs 1 hour and 16 minutes. The others only go from 52-60 minutes.

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisbootlegs
    The very best version of this dvd is called The Complete 1976 New Years Eve Performance. I have about 5 different ones, and this one is the very best. Has all songs from the show and runs 1 hour and 16 minutes. The others only go from 52-60 minutes.

A New Years With Elvis run 1 hour and 68 Minutes. It is mostly complete but when look closely you can tell that some scenes are the same but it still enjoyable to watch. But it is nearly complete.