Thread: What is wrong...?

Mad Tigers

What is wrong...?

It's been a while since I was excited about some future releases of our man.......there's nothing to look forward to in my opinion.

I also notice there's fewer 'traffic' on some great Elvis-boards, like this one....What is wrong???? Is the general interest in Elvis Presley fading away?

It's about time for some special projects EPE!!!

stand throughout the ages

Quote Originally Posted by Gertepet
    I also notice there's fewer 'traffic' on some great Elvis-boards, like this one....What is wrong???? Is the general interest in Elvis Presley fading away?

It's about time for some special projects EPE!!!
    I feel that there's plenty left to release, although there has gotta be some 'political will' in order to achieve it. I don't always trust EPE and other companies too much, I wish they did more to please the fans with some great material. They could start with a re-vamped Elvis In Concert DVD from 1977.

Anyway you look at it, I think that 2007 will bring some Elvisness into the world. It has been thirty years... Maybe they're waiting with interesting material till that year comes, in order to get some great selling results.

People like Elvis are too great to permanently lose their interest, just like classical composers such as Bach, Mozart and Beethoven. There is an up-an-down movement (as is the case with so many things in life, like the moon), but they (the great ones) will stand throughout the ages.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

Unless you consider the outtakes from his last two films which EPE doesnt even own their probably isnt anything "major" to release.Elvis has been gone for quite some time now and we have had countless projects released over the years.Sooner or later the well has got to run dry.Look at what's happened in the bootleg side of things.A good sounboard release nowadays is a rarity.Most are audience recordings now because I suspect the best material has already been released.We still have the FTD'S for now and I look forward to them but they obviously are geared to the collector's not the general public.Interest in Elvis will never totally fade away but once you losr the generation of people who were around when he was you will see a change I think.Im kinda surprised Graceland still attracts such big numbers but I suspect the 30th anniverssary will be the last "big one".I dont mean to sound negative but I just think its just a naturtal cycle that happens.
    Jak

Coming On Strong
    there's nothing left to release.
    this is why i hope they do remix albums
    with remixes his career would continue well into the future.
    i don't care much for outtakes (with some exeptions) because they
    aren't as good as the master take.
    if i can dream of a better land

There may not be much in the line of music left to release (although i'm sure they could still fill a few hundred albums), but no one could ever make me believe that out of all those movies, there were no out takes on film, you know, bloopers, fluffed lines, funny mistakes, jokes and all that kind of stuff. Deep in the vaults somewhere, I just know that they exsist. Will we ever see them??

Quote Originally Posted by Gertepet
    Nothing's wrong....I'm just a little tired I don't think there's "fewer traffic" on here, it's always busy from what I see, even though I haven't been on here that long......No way is the interest in Elvis fading away...Never!!

franny

there better be nothing wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by franny
    Nothing's wrong.....No way is the interest in Elvis fading away...Never!!
    There better be nothing wrong! And Priscilla better not be involved!

Well, I do think that interest in Elvis won't fade away. We all know how great Elvis was/is and did interest in guys like Beethoven, Mozart or Bach ever fade away after all these centuries? People also know Jesus' name and that's about 2000 years ago with no recorded material left at all.

No, even if there's not much left to release (and there's still something interesting left, I'm 100% sure), people will always remember the King for his unique cultural and musical contribution. I guess the whole world owes him.

Elvis made music for more than 20 years and there has gotta be some unreleased bootlegs, alternative takes and funny stuff left in the vaults (like Terry the Ted said).

It's just that they always leave the public wanting more.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

I don't think the interest in Elvis will ever die.... Maybe it is because
    it is summer and people do not spend as much time at their
    computers

Sometimes there are other things going on that seem to be out of our control ... but we always come back to our man

Opps, Sorry I guess I misunderstood the question... But I do think that they will always be coming
    out with something new (from somewhere about our man)
    Last edited by Dovey; 06-14-2006 at 01:04 PM.
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

I just spent two days at Graceland this week. It was very busy there, the hotels were booked solid too, so I don't think its dying off. Its just that time of year people drift away, vacations etc

In other groups I belong to for other things its the same way in the summer months

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    In my opinion three huge DVD projects are still possible for release:
    * CBS In Concert
    * TTWII (come on, with all the recorded footage, a multi-dvd release is a must)
    * On Tour (one dvd with a newly mixed special and single dvd's with seperate recorded concerts)

On cd there's little left to excite us. Some opening and closing nights, some tour highlights, all original albums as 7" FTD's and perhaps a few outtake compilations.

That's pretty much all that's left to release "as being new". And they have to use this over a period of several years....
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

I agree with you Albert, that would be very good future plans..

But, personaly i think that EPE never will release CBS in concert.
    And that's easy to understand.

Many of us already have this dvd, so why do we need EPE to release it?

I hope that FTD can release a dvd with concert footage taken by fans, because it's so much good fan shot footage! Maybe they could have made a project with a dvd and a cd

I also hope that EPE will search in professional video tapes of concert the next years or release something new from their archive..

We want something new than Aloha and 68 spescial, right?

We have a lot of things to wait for from the FTD'S..

What about spescial releases of:

King Creole, Blue Hawaii, Elvis, Promsied Land, Good Times, Pearl Harbour show, Sun records tapes.. etc.

It's a lot of things to choose from
    Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend - without a song.'

That's why he still keep singing a song

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingStar
    But, personaly i think that EPE never will release CBS in concert. And that's easy to understand.

Many of us already have this dvd, so why do we need EPE to release it?
    Not releasing anything because we own it already isn't the way EPE/BMG think (never will and never did). Remastering, improving imagequality and using different angles or a different editing will make the CBS special a muc better (and flattering) special for Elvis than it ever was.

By not wanting it to be released we (and EPE) are not accepting the reality. Fans and non-fans already now the big, overweighed Elvis. By not accepting it (and trying to hide it) only make things worse. A well edited CBS special can improve his image and can covert mockery into respect.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Coming On Strong
    I'm agree with you Albert. CBS Special with better angles where Elvis looks best i'm sure will improve his image.
    I have a new song had a new song don't have a new song the song is comming out by me

well-dressed man

Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    By not wanting it to be released we (and EPE) are not accepting the reality. Fans and non-fans already now the big, overweighed Elvis. By not accepting it (and trying to hide it) only make things worse. A well edited CBS special can improve his image and can covert mockery into respect.
    Couldn't agree with you more - there's no need to hide Elvis' later years. Apart from the physical appearance, there was this great operatic voice which hurts me the most, I must admit.

On top of that: Elvis was a well-dressed man with manners. Not a 'rock star' like so many others - it's just that people want to put a lot more blame on Elvis than on others, for some reason. He was different; quite shy.