View Poll Results: Would You Buy a Remix or Remake Album?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

66 79.52%
  • NO

17 20.48%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a Remix or Remake album?

Quote Originally Posted by 4THEHEART View Post
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!! for God's sake..I haven't got tired of his original music yet,and never will, to the end..
    EP is a classic - I don't think his music should be monkeyed with.

"Remaster" in the sense of upgrade the sound - yeah, that's ok. Otherwise leave it the flip alone!

I don't know if any of you heard something, some years back, called, I think, "Duets With Patsy"? This abortion of an idea was current country singers dubbed into old Patsy Cline tunes to give the appearance of a "duet". The thing was so bad you almost can't find it now - thank god.

Just because we have the tech to do something doesn't make it a good, or even a plausible, idea.

Leave EP's recordings alone.

re

I like those two remixes of A little less conversation and Rubberneckin',so if they could bring a good album with good remixes i think that will be fine.
    If it sounds good there could be a change that many young people will become fan of Elvis.Than his memory will go on further an further
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

the "Guitar Man-album (1981) is great! =)

Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    The new Burning Love remix sounds fantastic and it still has the originality of the original single just a newer and deeper base line and drums uplifted. The guy says he wanted to keep it close as possible to the original and how he isolated EP's voice for the mix and etc etc. He sounds genuine with his approach to EP and seems to respect him as an artist which is well appreciated.
    I would love an a remix album... and would love to have a copy of the new Burning Love remix!

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

Quote Originally Posted by jadedragon61 View Post
    EP is a classic - I don't think his music should be monkeyed with.

"Remaster" in the sense of upgrade the sound - yeah, that's ok. Otherwise leave it the flip alone!

I don't know if any of you heard something, some years back, called, I think, "Duets With Patsy"? This abortion of an idea was current country singers dubbed into old Patsy Cline tunes to give the appearance of a "duet". The thing was so bad you almost can't find it now - thank god.

Just because we have the tech to do something doesn't make it a good, or even a plausible, idea.

Leave EP's recordings alone.
    I have been married 34 years and will never tire of my wife, but I also like to see my wife in new outfits and with a new hairdo now and then.
    Same with Elvis music I love the originals but If it will help gain him new fans who have a better appreciation of his ability as a singer and performer I'm all for it. Duets- if done with class and high production value with the proper musical artists involved might be a good thing. Sinatra had a #1 Duets album of his standards with contemporary artists. Tony Bennett has one right now which has re-introduced him to new fans. The ALLC remix started a ball rolling to get new fans but I don't think it was followed up well. If you can get someone to listen to Elvis that normally would not with remixes or a Duets production I hope they do it, an do it right.

I'm not a big fan of remixes, but I'm open to listen them. I may not buy them, but listen to on the radio... unless I really like them and wanna get those. And about a remake album, well, If it arrives to Mexico (and don't have the songs included in the cd), maybe I'd get one.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Remixes...not for me. I know Elvis hated for people tampering with his work..but then think of a little less conversation..how big of a hit that was..so its complicated issue.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

I've had a slight change of heart towards remixes since my first post. I've heard a few lately I did like. I don't know that I would buy an album of them but I really fell in love with the ALLC remix and if all songs were done as well I would be happy if it made young people listen to Elvis.

I'm not at all fond of the idea of mixing other entertainer's voices with Elvis' though. That bothers me. I love the ones with Lisa and Elvis but that a whole other thing...she's his daughter.

The only other entertainer I would have loved to see do a duo on stage with Elvis is Tina Turner but remixing a song with the two of them? I don't think I would buy it.

Diane

I'm not big on the duets idea either Diane.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Loving elvis
    I had heard a couple remixes done by DJ ethan and l just love them. Not a big fan of duets, but Lisa and elvis were beauiful togther.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    A remix album is looking more and more realistic right now. From someone in the know, SONY BMG are looking at a new remix album of some sort for the 30th anniversary. This was discussed in NY a month ago. I do hope it's not done in a tacky techno style but more in a creative "new" arrangements to create a "new" album. Songs like Change Of Habit, Long Black Limousine, Tomorrow Is A Long Time, Big Boss Man, I Washed My Hands In Muddy Water, I'll Remember You, and Just Pretend could all benefit a new remix and re-worked approach.

Hi Ep75 how are you?

I respect your opinion but mine is they shouldn't touch those songs as they are all good songs and remixing them would just ruin them in my view

I think Felton Jarvis ruined several songs with the Guitar man project

Kentucky rain and guitar man sounded better without remixes

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    Having a release featuring new instrumentation, but using the same arrangement style as the original would be cool imo

Not too keen on the club / disco type of mixes though, except for ALLC.

What would really be cool (imo) would be for the TCB Band (Jerry, Glen D, Ronnie, James, and John) and perhaps even Scotty and DJ to record new backing instrumentation and use Elvis' vocal.
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss Man View Post

What would really be cool (imo) would be for the TCB Band (Jerry, Glen D, Ronnie, James, and John) and perhaps even Scotty and DJ to record new backing instrumentation and use Elvis' vocal.
    Now that would indeed be awesome Steve...perhaps record the intruments to a certain Elvis show and then release it..that would be very cool to hear..

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    I had heard a couple remixes done by DJ ethan and l just love them. Not a big fan of duets, but Lisa and elvis were beauiful togther.
    The Don't Cry Daddy duet from '97 was done to perfection.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I have been married 34 years and will never tire of my wife, but I also like to see my wife in new outfits and with a new hairdo now and then.
    Same with Elvis music I love the originals but If it will help gain him new fans who have a better appreciation of his ability as a singer and performer I'm all for it. Duets- if done with class and high production value with the proper musical artists involved might be a good thing. Sinatra had a #1 Duets album of his standards with contemporary artists. Tony Bennett has one right now which has re-introduced him to new fans. The ALLC remix started a ball rolling to get new fans but I don't think it was followed up well. If you can get someone to listen to Elvis that normally would not with remixes or a Duets production I hope they do it, an do it right.
    I liked ALLC as well I feel that they got lucky with the remix of that song as I have hated other remixes of Elvis songs and I also find it unnecessary that Sony BMG remix classic Elvis songs like ''Baby let's play house'' and ''That's alright mama'' just to try and milk more money out of Elvis fans

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I liked ALLC as well I feel that they got lucky with the remix of that song as I have hated other remixes of Elvis songs and I also find it unnecessary that Sony BMG remix classic Elvis songs like ''Baby let's play house'' and ''That's alright mama'' just to try and milk more money out of Elvis fans
    The remixes actually start our being remixed by someone outside of Sony-ALLC was remixed by Junkie XL when it hit then Sony/BMG had to get involved.
    Baby Lets Play House was remixed by well known Italian DJ Spankox who first remixed the track in 2007, over 50 years after it was first recorded by Elvis. It is doing pretty good in Europe so Sony once again is getting involved.
    In Europe the 50 year copyright limit has hit on many Elvis songs so that will make it easier for just about anyone to remix them. Each year where a song becomes 50 years old will probably bring more people trying to remix some of them. Until that law is somehow changed I'm not sure what Sony or EPE can do to stop them. Naturally if the remixes hit big-Sony will try to capitalize on it.
    I agree to that certain songs should not be remixed-but Sony will have a hard time stopping people in Europe from trying.

I would buy a remix album but it depends what songs are used.I wonder what could be done to a song like (You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care?
    The One and Only King of Rock'n'Roll.

Cadillac King
    Supposedly there's a Christmas duets album coming out for Christmas '08. I might buy that if I hear/read something positive about it. I'm a sucker for Christmas albums. I have hundreds. But a remake or remix album? No.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryNodak View Post
    Supposedly there's a Christmas duets album coming out for Christmas '08. I might buy that if I hear/read something positive about it. I'm a sucker for Christmas albums. I have hundreds. But a remake or remix album? No.
    I'll get it jsut to have ....will give it a listen probably, one time, and that will be it lol.

I'm an oldie and I prefer the original

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast