Thread: Hy Gardiner

Hy Gardiner

Does anyone have the entire Hy Gardiner Interview in good quality that they would be willing to share?

Thanks
    If you're an Elvis Fan no explanation is necessary.
    If you're not, no explanation is possible :

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazeeab2003
    Does anyone have the entire Hy Gardiner Interview in good quality that they would be willing to share?

Thanks

Thats the one where it was over the phone and The guy asked him rediculous questions (no wonder he hated interviews) . Gardner said "Is it true that you smoke marijuana in order to work yourself into a frenzy before going on stage?" and
    "What about the rumor that you once shot your mother" Elvis laughed and said "I think that one takes the cake" .

I have it on a album but I have no way to get it off the album to the PC .

Quote Originally Posted by JDD
    Thats the one where it was over the phone and The guy asked him rediculous questions (no wonder he hated interviews) . Gardner said "Is it true that you smoke marijuana in order to work yourself into a frenzy before going on stage?" and
    "What about the rumor that you once shot your mother" Elvis laughed and said "I think that one takes the cake" .

I have it on a album but I have no way to get it off the album to the PC .
    lYes, it's no wonder he didn't like interviews...I wonder who started that rumour about him shooting his mother....lol...That's ridiculous!...I saw this telephone interview on the video This Is Elvis, but I'm not sure how long the original interview is...on the video it's only a few minutes long...

franny

I'm desperate to see the whole of this too.

There's a clip of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fBqUiYAya4

But it's not the whole thing It looks really interesting so it would be great to see the entire interview.
    Amzie
    "Few will have the greatness to bend history"
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3.../69pccopy3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by franny
    I saw this telephone interview on the video This Is Elvis, but I'm not sure how long the original interview is...on the video it's only a few minutes long...

franny

They need to release that on commercial DVD sometime. I know some fans had mixed reactions to it because of the reenactment segments but it was valuable for things like that Hy Gardner calling clip and the Dorsey show stuff and just the real Elvis film clips.

It would be great to see that on video, Jim!
    I'm sure a lot of fans would enjoy hearing what Elvis had to say....
    How long is the telephone interview?

franny

re: length

From what I have been able to piece together with poor audio, it appears that this interview is about 9 -10 minutes long.
    If you're an Elvis Fan no explanation is necessary.
    If you're not, no explanation is possible :