Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Anyone notice Priscilla at Elvis' grave?

Quote Originally Posted by riley View Post
    In those pics her face looks like Michael Jackson a bit. That is weird.
    Always tought she was simply gorgeous but she seems to loose that battle.

I don't think she is pregnant, she always had tendency to have a little tummy.
    That is exactly what I thought as soon as I saw the pic!
    ...you're moving on the back roads, by the rivers of my memory and for hours you're just gentle on my mind.

As will I.

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

TCB Mafia
    Hi,

I always think it is a bit funny when I read people saying I would not have allowed my daughter to go live with Elvis....

I have a teenage daughter too and the stories I hear from other girls in class (happily not mine) are shocking. Those girls are young and have alreaddy had more partners in their young life then I had until now in my whole life. Young girls seem not to be afraid of sexual diseases or pregnancy those days at all. Some are pretty wild, leading pretty wild lives too and they are just 16.
    Then I sometimes wonder, where are those parents????

You have to consider Pris was 18 (two months younger) when she went to live with Elvis. That is an age that some girls do marry alreaddy and have kids. MY grandmother was 17 when she had my dad.
    Priscilla was not a naive child anymore but a young adult women and Elvis did take care of her in an excellent way.

If my daughter would have been 18 and in love with Elvis and he with her, well I must say they are worser choices in the world she could have made.

Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I have a daughter, and I would NEVER have allowed her to go and do the things that Priscilla's parents allowed her to do at such a young age.that she was covered too!

COLOR]
    I think like you on that matter. Have in mind they were sending her, a teenager, to another continent it?s not like she was just around the corner and to the house of people that they barely knew. I think her parents were meant to move back to US few months after they allowed Priscilla go live with Elvis so it makes less sense yet. If Elvis was so interested in Priscilla he could have visited her or the other way around everytime he wanted in the US but maybe her parents were afraid they would let pass a great $$$ opportunity if Elvis found another love interest during those few months.
    Even Elvis knew that situation wasn?t a rational one and so he tried to keep it quiet for years.

TCB Mafia
    she was an american too so for her leaving Germany for US was not that strange either. She was used living in the US, and was used to the language and customs of that country too. It was like going home for her.

So many young people do follow their partners to foreign countries.

She was" a women," not a child anymore.

The timing was indeed strange, Elvis was even not at Graceland when she went over there with her dad.

But what would have made the difference, two months earlier or later.

Maybe there were reasons we don't know, practical reasons we are not aware of.

Do you all think he was that bad, when you say you never would consider your (adult) daughter living with him.

He was the most wanted man of the US for God sakes.

Little Cilla could have done worse IMO

Quote Originally Posted by TCE View Post
    I guess. Afterall, If I hear that she swam in the pool near to the grave of Elvis without having any emotions with it I think it's disgusting

Christel (TCE)
    I'm not a big fan of priscilla but I find that very unlikely.Considering The house and grounds are open most days.

I thought I knew it all and that I was an adult when I was 17 just like everybody else at that age. But now I know I was wrong and that I was a child pretending to be grown up. Times have changed and teenagers are exposed to new things as time goes by but some things never change. A 17 year old kid will always be a teenager and the task of the parents is make us see it in a good way and don?t let us grow up faster than our age requieres. Kids will be grateful for it later in their life.

TCB Mafia
    IMO a 18 year old girl is adult.
    Girls mature faster then boys and some girls are very mature at 18 but some aren't even at 40.

Depends on the person.

In my countrie and perhaps everywhere I don't know 18 is considered as legally adult.

How many girls don't marry at 18 or have kids at 18.

Especially in the 40's, 50's and 60's, it was pretty normal since girls still were brought up with the idea to be goodhousewives and most of them did not long for a career or did not went to university either.

Priscilla her mom was barely 18 when she had Pris so I think they considered it perfectly normal too.

Look at the entire family. Ann Beaulieu was young, Pris was young, Lisa was a young mother and now Riley is 17 and also living alreaddy with a man much older then she is.

Pris was with her almost 22 age to marry , even the oldest, in that family

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I'm sure that a lot of what has been said out there and in books are false rumors about both Elvis and Priscilla.....and Lisa as well.

Diane
    Diane,

I always enjoy your posts. Your voice is always one of reason.

When I read some of the threads I always have to thank the heavens my life has never been under a microscope the way the Presley family has. That is not to say I am a fan of Lisa or P.P., ELVIS is always my main concern, but I do pity ANYONE under this much scrutiny.

~Carole~

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Well I never said she wasn?t american or that a 18 year old isn?t legally an adult, though I think it was 21 in those days. That you legally can have a drive license or buy cigarretes have nothing to do with the point I was making in my posts. So if you can?t see it we better leave it this way.

Thank you Sweet Caroline....I enjoy your posts too.

I do pity the whole Presley family and the scrutiny that they are constantly under. I don't agree with some of the things they have done and have my own feelings about it and don't always keep my mouth shut as I know I should, but at the same time I don't feel it is any of my business. They have to live their lives as they see fit just as we do.

If I were in Lisa's place, I think I'd develop the same temper and bad language that she has.

As for Priscilla which this thread is all about, I don't like a lot that she's said and done but to say that she looks like Michael Jackson is really petty and untrue. And what about her little tummy? Check out a lot of teenagers, never mind a woman her age.

Can't believe I just defended her lol, but it goes against my grain when people are so mean.

Diane
    Last edited by Diane; 08-26-2007 at 01:11 PM.

Hi riley,

In making that comment, I didn't necessarily mean the fact that they sent her to live with him. I was making reference to them allowing a 14 year old GIRL to be out until the wee hours of the morning with a MAN...a very famous one to boot! I would not have allowed that. Had he been that interested in my daughter he would have had to bring his fine self to my house to court her. Perhaps I am old fashioned, but just my way of doing things. My daughter was a good kid growing up, but I still did not trust her judgement at that age. She was 20 when she married, and I still guided her in that decision, trying to make sure that she knew what she was doing. As a matter of fact, I am still guiding her along in life, much the same as my elderly mother still tries to advise me. And I thank her and love her for the fact that she cares enough to be concerned... I don't think a parent ever stops being a parent.

And I did not mean to imply that Elvis was a "bad" person. I just think that when you have a man of that age, who is famous and has had women throwing themselves at him for a while, you are just inviting trouble for your child by sending her to "visit" with him unchaperoned. She most assuredly could have done a lot worse, but things might have been a lot better for both Elvis and Priscilla had her parents not been so ambitious.

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Hi riley,

In making that comment, I didn't necessarily mean the fact that they sent her to live with him. I was making reference to them allowing a 14 year old GIRL to be out until the wee hours of the morning with a MAN...a very famous one to boot! I would not have allowed that. Had he been that interested in my daughter he would have had to bring his fine self to my house to court her. Perhaps I am old fashioned, but just my way of doing things. My daughter was a good kid growing up, but I still did not trust her judgement at that age. She was 20 when she married, and I still guided her in that decision, trying to make sure that she knew what she was doing. As a matter of fact, I am still guiding her along in life, much the same as my elderly mother still tries to advise me. And I thank her and love her for the fact that she cares enough to be concerned... I don't think a parent ever stops being a parent.

And I did not mean to imply that Elvis was a "bad" person. I just think that when you have a man of that age, who is famous and has had women throwing themselves at him for a while, you are just inviting trouble for your child by sending her to "visit" with him unchaperoned. She most assuredly could have done a lot worse, but things might have been a lot better for both Elvis and Priscilla had her parents not been so ambitious.

Hi Sweetie,

Good to see you too.

Lucky for Cilla's family that Elvis was gentlemanly, from what I can gather.

Gee, my father used to turn up unannounced all the time, to pick me up, grrrrrrrrr, lol.

Hugs,
    a verrrry tired
    Kimmi
    who misses her baby horses
    who are sick!

TCB Mafia
    Kingsqueen,

I can agree with everything you said here above.

Parents should guide and give advice and I?m sure that is what the Beaulieu?s did also.

They come across as very fine and caring parents and grandparents . (EBTP)
    I cannot believe those rumours circulating about them like in Child Bride.

I do think Priscilla was a very spoiled little girl, adored by her mother and used to receive whatever she liked.
    At the time the opportunity was there to meet Elvis, her idol and Paul and Ann gave her that once in a lifetime occasion. Noone could forsee what would come. Not Priscilla not the parents. It began very innocent.

Pris could be convincing and I?m sure she pleaded and promissed a lot to her parents in order to keep meeting him. And teenagers at that age can be pretty convincing. And I?m sure she presented it all very innocent and cute.

They let her visit, met him, met his dad and his grandmother because I read on several occasions they drove Pris themselves to the house in Bad Nauheim. Everything will have been presented in a very nice way and the parents liked him. They liked his good manners, his maturity and the way he presented it. And we all know he had loads of charm.

They trusted him and apparently he never failed their trust if we may believe she still was a virgin when she married. Few can tell they are IMO.

As a parent you can guide and advice but at the end our teenagers will try their wings themselves and do things we will not always know nor accept either.

I?m sure Pris did more then talking in his room, I?m not na?ve but didn?t we all experiment with those things in our teens. Some are a bit faster then others.

As a parent you always have two options you can forbid the things you don?t like and rule a bit like a dictator or you can support a good dialogue in which you explain your toughts and views but at the end let them decide for theirselves. That is what I always try to do with my teenage daughters.

It is difficult for parents to draw the line here.
    Especially when Cupido interfers.
    Believe me a teenager in love does stupid, mad things .
    As a parent you cannot win the battle with love.

And it is a difficult one, because parents can not see in futur either.
    I?m sure the Beaulieu?s had that dilemma. They could have been strickter and maybe Pris would have lost Elvis and would have blamed her parents for life or they could give in and let her go when she was 18. They did and all the rest is history.
    Last edited by riley; 08-27-2007 at 02:07 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345