Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone notice Priscilla at Elvis' grave?

I don't like Priscilla too much, but I can understand some of the things she did. I can't blame her for keeping her daughter away from Elvis. Priscilla knew that Elvis had problems with his "medication" and I really can't blame a mother who tries to get her daughter away from such a person. When Elvis was sober, he was great but in the end the stuff he was taking controlled him. So I really can't blame her for that. And that she showed no real emotion on the grave isn't such a problem to me, too. Elvis is death for nearly thirty years and the grave is a part of the Disneyland that EPE sells you as the place Elvis lived. So it's just natural (and that may be one of the very few natural things on Priscilla nowadays) that she feels no big pain. But I blame her for constantly lying big time. She claims to be Elvis' widow, she rebuilt the house and tells the people, Elvis lived like that and she has re-written his and even her lifestory. I can understand if she doesn't tell every bad detail, but she has cleaned it up way too much. So I don't care too much for Plastic-Prizzy, but I wouldn't say that I hate her for anything. She just acts like a lot of people do (just look what certain members of your own family tell you about their lives and compare it to the truth). But it's all a big sensation, because she and Elvis where no odinary coupple.

TCB Mafia
    she kept Lisa away from him after she just left him but when he agreed to pay more she had no problem whatsoever to let Lisa spend time with him.

Also towards the end when he had to take a lof of medication due to his illnesses Lisa came to visit him.
    Last edited by riley; 08-25-2007 at 06:56 AM.

Yes Riley !!! that`s the way this barracuda operates. As soon as the magic word `money` is heard, everything is possible!! I agree with you that Priscilla NEVER allowed Lisa near Elvis, untill Elvis started paying more.
    I think that says it all doesn`t it???
    ELVIS IS KING AND YOU REMEMBER THAT !

Quote Originally Posted by riley
    she kept Lisa away from him after she just left him but when he agreed to pay more she had no problem whatsoever to let Lisa spend time with him.

Also towards the end when he had to take a lof of medication due to his illnesses Lisa came to visit him.

Him keeping away from Lisa was not because of his medication dependency just in the beginning to hurt him. Lisa wasn't even allowed to call her dad and when he called it was always Mike who took the phone and didn't want to pass Lisa through.
    That's terrible, riley....I don't think that's right at all....What does $$$$$ have to do with it? Priscilla was not lacking in this...I wonder if Lisa knew what was going on when she was little...

franny

TCB Mafia
    Believe me , she remebers.

She was a very smart kid and heared a lot.

I once heard one hearthbreaking story about the two of them.

Lisa was used to lay next to Elvis in bed since she was a baby.
    They talked baby talk and had their usual baby daddy thing going on.

Nothing wrong with that.

Lisa did this even when she was older and her parents were divorced. Priscilla told Elvis she didn't want that to happen anymore. And if he still allowed her in his bedroom she would know.

So Elvis afraid of doing something wrong or to loose her visting stopped doing that immediately.
    He locked the room and the poor child would sit there for hours, calling his name, not quite understanding why her daddy was acting that why.
    Did she do something wrong???
    Had she behaved badly???
    She was very sad and confused and fell asleep in a little corner close to his door. The maid found her.

He was locked in his room and heard his little girl crying and begging him to let her in but he had to refuse. Simply because Priscilla had told him that they were too close and Lisa was too old for that kind of thing.

When I first read it, I really had to cry.

The only thing that he still had in those late years was his little daughter and they had a special bond. Priscilla took that away from him also.

In later years Cilla had a boyfriend M Edwards, who became in love with Lisa and did things that were not acceptable. When Lisa told her mother FIRST Priscilla became angry and told Lisa she was imagining things and behaving in a provocative way??????
    So it was OK to have her boyfriend mess with Lisa, but it was not OK to let Elvis who was her father have baby talk with his little Lisa

After hearing stories about her I didn't like her anymore but always still gave her some credit after hearing that story I closed the door for good on her . I knew enough.

Riley

Thanks for posting that Riley... now you know the reason that I am not.. nor never will be a Cilla fan. Elvis gave us so much even though he had so much hurt to deal with in his life.
    Love the King forever .. Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Cadillac King
    People will believe what they want to believe about Lisa and Priscilla. There have been stories circulating for years about different things that have happened, or didn't happen, whichever the case may be.
    Who of us have never made mistakes in their life? I know I certainly have....it's just that mine aren't so public.
    Just remember that Priscilla opened Graceland, no matter what you might think of her personally....she, and Lisa have allowed us to walk through Lisa's home......yes, they have made a lot of money from this, and yes, they have made a few errors in judgement as to what type of things they have for sale at the Graceland shops, but the fact still remains, they have helped keep Elvis' name alive for these past years...and for that, I am grateful.
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

Quote Originally Posted by riley View Post
    In those pics her face looks like Michael Jackson a bit. That is weird.
    Always tought she was simply gorgeous but she seems to loose that battle.

I don't think she is pregnant, she always had tendency to have a little tummy.
    Little tummy???????

Quote Originally Posted by TCE View Post
    She's just money hungry, I guess. Afterall, If I hear that she swam in the pool near to the grave of Elvis without having any emotions with it I think it's disgusting and she often proofs that she totally doesn't show any respect for Elvis at all. What I found most hypocryte was that she even dared to say at Oprha that she still loves Elvis. Yuk.

Be safe and take carde,

Christel (TCE)
    angry:
    Know Want, You Guys are so mean, this might my last post, I'm tried reading of put down about Cilla and Lisa Marie, Money Hungry I don't Think So, they have money for their life. The Money from "In THe Ghetto" Sales goes for Help People don't have money for get help, You think Money Hungry Do that, I don't Think so.
    I know what Money Do Some people It Change them, went my father die I go alot money, for 2 1/2 years I was broke again, 25, 000 was gone, I wish I put it away for good, I got mother that was hungry for that money angry: about it, shesay that's sure be my money, that's I buy things to getting out my hands and her's.
    Don't talk about people you real know that way, we are lucky have graceland opening because of her. Think about it.
    I'm sorry I read this tread it's burns my mm-ss
    I'm done posting things on here only my single covers will posting
    Sorry Arbert You got great web site
    Bye for now
    Tom:

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by riley View Post
    Believe me , she remebers.

She was a very smart kid and heared a lot.

I once heard one hearthbreaking story about the two of them.

Lisa was used to lay next to Elvis in bed since she was a baby.
    They talked baby talk and had their usual baby daddy thing going on.

Nothing wrong with that.

Lisa did this even when she was older and her parents were divorced. Priscilla told Elvis she didn't want that to happen anymore. And if he still allowed her in his bedroom she would know.

So Elvis afraid of doing something wrong or to loose her visting stopped doing that immediately.
    He locked the room and the poor child would sit there for hours, calling his name, not quite understanding why her daddy was acting that why.
    Did she do something wrong???
    Had she behaved badly???
    She was very sad and confused and fell asleep in a little corner close to his door. The maid found her.

He was locked in his room and heard his little girl crying and begging him to let her in but he had to refuse. Simply because Priscilla had told him that they were too close and Lisa was too old for that kind of thing.

When I first read it, I really had to cry.

The only thing that he still had in those late years was his little daughter and they had a special bond. Priscilla took that away from him also.

In later years Cilla had a boyfriend M Edwards, who became in love with Lisa and did things that were not acceptable. When Lisa told her mother FIRST Priscilla became angry and told Lisa she was imagining things and behaving in a provocative way??????
    So it was OK to have her boyfriend mess with Lisa, but it was not OK to let Elvis who was her father have baby talk with his little Lisa

After hearing stories about her I didn't like her anymore but always still gave her some credit after hearing that story I closed the door for good on her . I knew enough.

Riley
    Where did you read that story?

TCB Mafia
    don't remember that anymore sorry.
    But I heard more or less same version being in Memphis and talking to an ex tourguide who also was befriended with Billy Smith at the time.

He said Lisa began taking her naps in the big fur couch (jungle room) after Elvis had let her known that she was too big to take her naps with him in the bedroom.

At that moment, it was quite acceptable and I did not give it more toughts either. Could be he had decided this by himself you know.

Years later when I was finally connected to the internet I came accross this same story but now with more details and I immediately remembered that little and at the time so innocent story.

Probably the story was told to other people in a more elaborate version and that's the way I found it somewhere.

It matched the things I heard but also the reason why he decided suddenly to close the doors.

Is it true or not, well only Elvis and Pris know that ofcourse.
    I believed it reading it first and was very emotional about it.
    Lately I can see a Lisa who gets along with her mother pretty well and Pris is so proud of Lisa and then I think by myself ...

Maybe lots of things were taken a bit out of context, maybe she did tell Elvis it was not right for a little girl anymore to be that close to him etc etc...
    So many things will have been said between two people on the verge of a seperation too.

I don't know

If Lisa is fine with her nowadays well I can have peace with it too.

I don't agree with everything she did in the past at all but I try to have peace with it. Millions of words won't bring him back to us either.

Loving elvis
    I just accept that lisa and priscilla made mistakes, but thats what we people do in life.

My mommy is upsessed with him!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carolynlm View Post
    Priscilla is a 'product' of Elvis......Elvis who wanted to control her totally and fully, and it seems as though it hasn't left her yet. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes for quids.....
    Sorry...but you have this totally wrong. If Priscilla is a "product" of anyone, it would be her mother, Ann. THAT is where the control factor started. That is also where she learned to be deceitful, secretive, and cold natured. And sadly, that is also where she learned that "marrying Elvis" was not a CHOICE, but a REQUIREMENT.

Quote Originally Posted by T_J View Post
    Some people just can't get over her leaving the man, even though it was clearly his fault for being a neglectful, adulterous husband in the first place. I'm as big a fan of Elvis as anyone, but let's get some perspective please. She is a woman with faults, but not the devil.
    Sorry T_J, but I am gonna have to disagree with you too! In the first place, let's not forget that Priscilla lived with him for more than a few years BEFORE she married him. He was not faithful to her then, and she KNEW it. But, you must also consider the fact that Pris was NOT the sweet little innocent girl that she has portrayed herself to be either!! This is a fact proven by those who have called her out on several of her lies...read the book "Child Bride" if you have any doubts. The idea that her leaving him was "clearly his fault" has no merit. She weaved a web and caught a superstar. Enough said....

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Loving elvis
    Its funny that people go by child bride that is full of lies. The lady that wrote the book needs to get her facts straight.

I don't know if these stories about what was said between Priscilla and Elvis about Lisa laying in bed with her dad napping or talking was true or not but I sure am against that kind of thinking. Lisa was still practically a baby at the time.

I don't see anything wrong with a daughter and a dad lying on a bed talking no matter how old the daughter is. I sure wouldn't have fits over my daughter doing that with her dad. That was a taboo that I was brought up with too and it sure hurt me after the age of ten when my dad suddenly wouldn't let me sit in his lap anymore and didn't hug me as before. I know it hurt him as much as it did me. It was years before my mother told me why and she felt it was wrong too but he had been brought up to be careful of that or people might accuse him of abusing his daughter.

Lots of sick thinking back then and still some of it nowadays.

Diane

Loving elvis
    very true Diane!!!

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    Its funny that people go by child bride that is full of lies. The lady that wrote the book needs to get her facts straight.
    Sorry presley31, but I believe that Ms. Finstad has quite a few of her facts straight. Priscilla herself did interviews for this book, although she didn't "sanction" it as a biography. I feel fairly sure that if there were tons of untruth in this book, Pris would not have hesitated to take legal action. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that Elvis was not at fault for some of their problems, nor am I laying it all on Priscilla. Neither of them were truly committed to the marriage...and they both married for the wrong reasons. That doesn't mean that they didn't care for each other...I believe that they did, just in the wrong way perhaps.

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Cadillac King
    these stories about what was said between Priscilla and Elvis about Lisa laying in bed with her dad napping or talking was true or not but

I don?t believe that story.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Sorry presley31, but I believe that Ms. Finstad has quite a few of her facts straight. Priscilla herself did interviews for this book, although she didn't "sanction" it as a biography. I feel fairly sure that if there were tons of untruth in this book, Pris would not have hesitated to take legal action. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that Elvis was not at fault for some of their problems, nor am I laying it all on Priscilla. Neither of them were truly committed to the marriage...and they both married for the wrong reasons. That doesn't mean that they didn't care for each other...I believe that they did, just in the wrong way perhaps.
    Why would priscilla take legals matters in to her own hands about a silly book that trashes elvis and priscilla? There marriage feel apart cause elvis wasn't a movie star anymore and was out touring for months, which as being a daughter of a trucker, its very lonesome for the wifes and children. Priscilla just wanted elvis home and to be honest which wife wouldn't. I guess l will never agree with the bashing of priscilla. She will always be great in my eyes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast