Thread: American Idol's Final Four Coming To Graceland

Post American Idol's Final Four Coming To Graceland

Last night on the American Idol television program on Fox, host Ryan Seacrest announced that the final four contestants for the 2005 season soon will fly to Graceland. There they will hook up with music industry executive Tommy...

Link To Original Article
    Here you can discuss the latest Elvisnews

I can't wait to see the program.

I think Chirs will do well if he sings a good Rock & Roll tune!!!

Taylor, well I love him but he really seems to want to be like Elvis and the truth is no will never be another Elvis... but I do hope that he does well.

Can't wait to see if they show some footage of Graceland..

About time a program pays some respect to the King Of Rock & Roll!!!

Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

I'm anxious to see the program as well but I see Taylor as the best one to sing one of Elvis' songs. Let's see how Priscilla does and Lisa if she is also present??

Diane,

I do agree that Taylor is most likely(of the 4) to pull of the Elvis movements because he has pretty much been dancin' every week
    and I love to laugh at Simon because he seems to really hate it
    when Taylor does his thing..I think Simon even asked him if he was
    drunk or on drungs one night... (he is a hoot!!!)

Taylor is a good singer but he does not have that Magical voice like Elvis did... but he can sing and I am very anxious to see the program tonight.(There will never be another Elvis and that's a fact)

Chris sings hard rock really well and I am anxious to hear him sing an Elvis song too.. don't know how he will sound but I am hoping he will
    do well also... I also think some of the ones that were kicked off earier might of done well singing Elvis instead of some of the people they were working with. (Just My Opinion) Should be a great show. Dovey

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar

I missed it!

Hi. Did anyone happen to record tonight's AI. Is it good? Is it worth watching. I can't beleive I missed it! I really wanted to watch it. If I could talk anyone out of a copy please PM me! Thank you so much!!!!!
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Dovey,

It looks like both Taylor and Chris did well with the Elvis songs on Idol last night, not surprised. Yes Simon did get onto Taylor as usual for his movements and I also remember him asking Taylor one night whether he had been drinking. Ha! Could have been, could have been.......

Elliot is actually my favorite only because he is so darn sweet and I thought he did really well with his second rendition as well.

All in all a fun show to watch and so glad Priscilla wasn't involved except to greet the singers.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane
    Dovey,

It looks like both Taylor and Chris did well with the Elvis songs on Idol last night, not surprised. Yes Simon did get onto Taylor as usual for his movements and I also remember him asking Taylor one night whether he had been drinking. Ha! Could have been, could have been.......

Elliot is actually my favorite only because he is so darn sweet and I thought he did really well with his second rendition as well.

All in all a fun show to watch and so glad Priscilla wasn't involved except to greet the singers.
    Diane, I agree both Taylor and Chris did well last night. I am thinking that maybe Chris may end up winning the Idol.. but who knows.

Yes, Elliot is really sweet and he did well last night... they seem to be saying he is really kind of a shy guy. Simon said he was the underdog going into it last night and that he thought that he had done really well last night.

I felt sorry for Katharina ... as she forgot the words in the middle of the song.... she is a good singer but did not do very well last night. I am wondering if she will be the one going home tonight. (If she continues to sing.... I think she will really be a good singer someday)

Taylor really did well singing in the Ghetto.. and Simon did get on him for his dancin' when he was singing to the Jailhouse Rock.

Can't wait to see tonights show..... it was so great to see Graceland and have them singing in from of Elvis' piano. I'll bet they had the time of their life... sounds like Taylor liked his ride with Lisa on the Golf Cart.
    It was fun to watch the program.

I do wish Lisa had hosted it instead of her mother but........

Tonight will be interesting for sure.. Dovey

MenwithbrokenHearts,

I did tape it and will tape tonights... if you have not gotten it yet... I will send it to you. (Hope you do not mind the commercials!!!) I watched it on a different TV but taped it also) Dovey

Quote Originally Posted by Dovey
    Diane, I agree both Taylor and Chris did well last night. I am thinking that maybe Chris may end up winning the Idol.. but who knows.

Yes, Elliot is really sweet and he did well last night... they seem to be saying he is really kind of a shy guy. Simon said he was the underdog going into it last night and that he thought that he had done really well last night.

I felt sorry for Katharina ... as she forgot the words in the middle of the song.... she is a good singer but did not do very well last night. I am wondering if she will be the one going home tonight. (If she continues to sing.... I think she will really be a good singer someday)

Taylor really did well singing in the Ghetto.. and Simon did get on him for his dancin' when he was singing to the Jailhouse Rock.

Can't wait to see tonights show..... it was so great to see Graceland and have them singing in from of Elvis' piano. I'll bet they had the time of their life... sounds like Taylor liked his ride with Lisa on the Golf Cart.
    It was fun to watch the program.

I do wish Lisa had hosted it instead of her mother but........

Tonight will be interesting for sure.. Dovey

MenwithbrokenHearts,

I did tape it and will tape tonights... if you have not gotten it yet... I will send it to you. (Hope you do not mind the commercials!!!) I watched it on a different TV but taped it also) Dovey
    I did get to see it! THanks so much, Dovey, for offering to send it to me. Very sweet!

Well, I thought the Idols' performances were a little mediocre, but it looks like this episode had a positive effect... Elvis 30 #1s is, as of this posting, currently occupying the #32 spot on Amazon.com's top 100 sellers in music! (I kinda wish it could be higher than that, but it's still pretty cool! )

I was very sad to see Chris get sent home last night... but I am sure we will hear his name again... he has a great voice. They were talking about Chris on the Today Show this morning and I guess I was not the only one shocked that Chris got sent home. They did say that the sales of Elvis CD's will probably really go up this week. (that is good)

Last night we got to see Lisa for the first time in a long time.

Got to see inside Graceland again..... Loved that footage!!!

Taylor sang Jailhouse Rock again... to me he just does not do it justice but then I have to remember that this is a different generation and there were never be anybody to equal Elvis in my eyes.

Glad you got to see the program Menwithbrokenhearts.. you are welcome... and I would of sent it to you.. Dovey

It was an awful shock to see Chris go Dovey. I don't think anyone anywhere expected that. I agree that Taylor didn't do justice to Jailhouse Rock but I love to see him get Simon's goat.

Glad to hear that Elvis CD sales went up because of it but I'd be happier if he were here to reap the benefits instead of EPE.

I think the next couple of weeks on Idol will keep us all glued to the televisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane
    It was an awful shock to see Chris go Dovey. I don't think anyone anywhere expected that. I agree that Taylor didn't do justice to Jailhouse Rock but I love to see him get Simon's goat.

Glad to hear that Elvis CD sales went up because of it but I'd be happier if he were here to reap the benefits instead of EPE.

I think the next couple of weeks on Idol will keep us all glued to the televisions.
    I have to admit Diane that seeing American Idol this week made me miss Elvis all the more.. Nobody will ever sing like he did....... he turly was a gift from God.

I think Elvis would of been looking down smiling at the 4 contestants singing in from of his piano... he was a giving man.. and would wish them all well and he would also understand their strong desire to make it to the top. (I think they really need it ) Chris is a really good singer and I think we will hear his name more than Taylor's but then I could be wrong. I am the older generation now Dovey

I agree Dovey, we will hear more of Chris in the future. I do believe someone will snap him up with a contract if it hasn't been down already.

I myself prefer Taylor's style because it's so much his own and although I like Chris and feel he has a beautiful voice without question, he just seems more heavy metal to me and I am of the older generation also and that never appealed to me.

I'm not offended at all about the contestants being allowed into the music room as was mentioned on another thread on this site. I feel like you that Elvis would have been proud to have them there and would have been very encouraging.

It seems that Lisa Marie is more like her dad than her mother in the way she entertained the contestants personally with the ride on the golf cart etc. Wish she had been included in the singing sessions as a voice coach as I read somewhere that she would be. I guess the article on that was wrong.

Yes, the whole thing certainly makes us miss Elvis all the more!

Thanks Diane,

I agree that Chris is more into the heavy metal (and I am not) but he still has a great voice and I hear that he has already been offered a contract but has one with American Idol for the next year that he has to get out of before he can except. Things will work out for him.. like you I am not into his type of music but give him credit for a good voice.

All the radio stations are predicting Taylor to be the winner and of the three... he is the one that I would choice too.

I too hope Lisa someday takes more interest in the things that would mean so much to her dad.

All in all .... it was great to have some Elvis..... Dovey

Roustabouts

Anyone notice - Priscilla at Elvis' Grave

Hi

Anyone notice that we catched the first ever glimpse of Priscilla standing at Elvis' grave last night on American Idol?

Anyone able toi get a capture on the board?

Very touching

TCB

[Glad you got to see the program Menwithbrokenhearts.. you are welcome... and I would of sent it to you.

. I have to admit Diane that seeing American Idol this week made me miss Elvis all the more.. Nobody will ever sing like he did....... he turly was a gift from God.

I think Elvis would of been looking down smiling at the 4 contestants singing in from of his piano... he was a giving man.. and would wish them all well and he would also understand their strong desire to make it. Dovey

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Dovey. I know you would have sent it. I am glad you are on this board, you balance it out with those of us who are a bit too cynical.

I agree with you also. Even my wife noticed, who is not that big of an Elvis fan, how much better Elvis sounded singing those songs. I noticed big time! It does make you miss him an all he could have done... What a great voice he had. So full of soul and power. I think Kathy Westmoreland summed it up the best when she said that " He was the greatest interpreter of song that ever lived"

I also think, had Elvis been alive, he would have welcomed them in his home and wished them all well. He was that type of person. Very cordial and caring of others. Conversely, however, being that Elvis is buried right out the door, Maybe some of it could have been a bit more respectful. The times I was there, it wasn't just the gravesite that made me feel kind of reverent and quiet, it was the whole place. Maybe it's just me. I'm glad that they didn't play at the gold piano, which isn't there anymore. Isn't that the one Elvis used to play on? ( the gold one)
    I saw it there when I first went. It was truly beautiful.