View Poll Results: Jailhouse Rock or King Creole?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jailhouse Rock

39 38.61%
  • King Creole

62 61.39%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jailhouse Rock or King Creole?

difficult, but I have to say King Creole, better story, better acting.

Cool jail house rock or king creole .

i like bothe films . for acting and prowess i like king creole over jail house rock. -
    it has many good actors in king creole such as
    Walter Mattaue , , vic morrow , dean jones etc . its a better cast in king creole and features Elvis at his very best .
    Jailhouse is less than a serious film - its good tho'

Roustabouts

Thumbs up

I like Jailhouse Rock, i love the music and story of Jailhouse Rock
    Keep The Legend Alive

Coming On Strong
    jailhouse rock is one of the best movies of the fifties
    king creole has some great songs
    overall jailhouse rock is better
    if i can dream of a better land

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    Although King Creole is one of my favorite movies, I had to go with Jailhouse Rock, because it's one of his signature songs.
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Cadillac King
    I don't really care for either one. The '50s movies are something I can easily live without. BUT if I was was in the mood to watch one of the two I would pick "King Creole."
    Last edited by JerryNodak; 11-22-2008 at 01:53 AM.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I would have to go with Jailhouse Rock. This was the first movie that Elvis done that I ever saw so I guess thats why it would be my favorite.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Mad Tigers
    Viva Las Vegas!!

ha...um yea I can't decide. Loved both TREMENDOUSLY.

I go for King Creole, though I like both movies. I like the mood of King Creole. Elvis did a marvelous job.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

I thought Elvis did a great job of acting in both movies. I also didn't like his role as an uncaring jerk in Jailhouse Rock. King Creole reminded me of Rebel Without a Cause in that he was playing the role of troubled youth and to me it was kind of a dark depressing movie. All in all I guess I prefer Jailhouse Rock - I loved that dance scene by the pool.

I like both films and they are absolutely two of his best.I think King Creole is the best one.Elvis gives his best performance I think.He is also surrounded by a truly great cast that only helps lift the entire movie.
    Jak

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post

King Creole: great movie, great music..... but come on: having a girl like Dolores Hart and then want to exchange her for the weirdlooking girlfriend from that mobguy? And Elvis playing a guy that's still on school? A shame, because the movie had real potential.
    That weird-looking girl was Caroline Jones, later better known as the delicious Morticia Addams in the classic 60s series The Addams Family ("The additional D makes all the difference" - Gomez). I never found her attractive either, but as Morticia, she was hot. It's probably the crappy hairstyle in King Creole that makes her less attractive in the movie.
    And I'd take her over Dolores Hart any day! Dolores was way too nice and whitebread for me ... give me the bad girl every time!
    Last edited by srj1967; 12-21-2006 at 09:46 AM.

Roustabouts
    I have voted for King creole, because I think the story line is a bit more intricated that jailhouse rovck ( but i also like that one ! ). Also the viewing of the city of New Orleans is amazing and the fact the movie was shot on the actual spot added to the quality of it. The director, for once happened to be a very good one ( michael curtiz ) and it shows in elvis way of acting. Elvis himself actually said that Curtiz was the 1st director who really gave him valuable advices about hos to act.
    "oh Lord won't you buy me a stutz blackhawk all my friends drive pink cadillacs"

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryNodak View Post
    I don't like either one.
    Wow, those are harsh words .

But each to their own I suppose.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Best soundtrack = King Creole
    Best line = Jailhouse Rock (it's just the beast in me)
    Coolest character = Jailhouse Rock

They are without doubt his two best films but for Jailhouse Rock had the edge.

This is a hard question to answer!

King Creole for the better cast, including lovely Dolores Hart:-) Jailhouse Rock for Elvis's title song and his cool sideburns. Young and Beautiful. What an obnoxious character Elvis played in that movie! But, I Dont Care!

Oh dear me, this topic is a lot of, Trouble. But I'll remain Steadfast Loyal and True. The Jury is still out, and won't come back in.

Jailhouse Rock Coz he is a rebel and that appeals to people of my generation and the songs are great in it. Although King Creole Is great too..it's hard to choose. But i would choose jailhouse rock

whenever I show King Creole to a non elvis fan, they just watch it and want to know what happends next. This one girl told me, I forgot that it was Elvis playing that part, I forgot it was an Elvis movie.

Like everyone says it's a tough choice, I voted for King Creole. I love the opening song duet, & one of my favorite scenes is right at the beginning when his sister warns him about not letting Pop catch him talking to "that" meaning the prostitute, to which 'Danny' retorts, "Hey, I'm just being neighborly & he picked the neighborhood". I love the star power in the movie & the love story between him & Dolores Hart. Also enjoy the love story between the sister & the owner of the King Creole. Soundtrack is excellent, too. All in all one great package.

If in the twilight of memory we should meet once more, We shall speak again together and you shall sing to me a deeper song.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverTheKing View Post
    Considering every aspect of these films (story, cast, soundtrack)...if you had to recommend just one of them to a "not fan" which would you choose?
    Well if I were trying to convince a non fan to watch Elvis then I'd tell them to watch both. If they're not impressed after watching Elvis in two of his best movies then you're never going to convince them.

Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast