View Poll Results: Aloha Deluxe or 68 Comeback Deluxe?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aloha DeLuxe

4 28.57%
  • 68 Comeback DeLuxe

10 71.43%

Thread: Aloha Deluxe or 68 Comeback Deluxe?

Aloha Deluxe or 68 Comeback Deluxe?

Well, it's almost been a couple of years since we got these wonderful gems released on DVD in that wonderful deluxe format. So, my question is guys, which Deluxe set do you watch the most - Aloha from Hawaii or '68 Comeback TV Specials? Which set do you tend to reach for and have you watched the most?

It's pretty much quite even with me and I've tended to watch the Aloha Rehearsal Concert as much as the original 68 Comeback TV Special (December 3rd)...how about you's?

Cheers,

NEA.
    "I oughta break you in half!"...

"If you do, you'll have two very short friends!"

International Level ComeBackChick's Avatar
    I think its even....

Roustabouts
    They are both impressive, but i prefer Aloha from Hawaii.

I have both and I love both, but to be honest I've watched the '68 Comeback most...but this is my personal taste towards the 2 shows...anyway fans have to keep both in their personal collection..

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I rarely watch the Comeback Special. Although it's great, I don't particularly like the sound and songselection. It's a bit too much of the same. Watching the Aloha is (for me) more pleasant.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackChick
    I think its even....
    for me too

Well, i have really enjoyed both of them, but i also think it should be a more rare outtakes selection. It's too much "One Night" and "Baby What Do You Want Me To Do"... I would either prefer some outtakes when Elvis was dressed in blue..

But Anyway, i think EPE should make some new officials DVD and not more from Aloha and comeback. It's hard and bad to realize that only some concerts from On Tour and That's the way it is, is filmed. I think EPE should release concert footage taken by fans in the future.... Like Adrenaline'71, the man who has filmed the performances has sold the rights.... Why can't people sell rights from concert footage to EPE.

Well, i don't understand why at least one concert from 1974,75 and 76 isn't professional filmed!!!!
    Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend - without a song.'

That's why he still keep singing a song

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    That is difficult, I would say both also. Although the 1968 Comeback Special dvd set has more material I would perfer it but I love them both so I say it is even also.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

I can't say... it depends on my mood. Comeback is great but it can get a bit repetitive after a while... but there is so much, he's scrumptious, great songs etc etc. Aloha has fewer songs, great performances but isn't quite as exciting as the Comeback one.

Both are great... in terms of sitting down and watching the whole DVD, I think I would go for Aloha. But picking and choosing I think I would go for Comeback. Can't decide... they're both great and I want one for TTWII with EVERYTHING on desperately but doubt it'll happen in the near future... same with EOT too.
    Amzie
    "Few will have the greatness to bend history"
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3.../69pccopy3.jpg

Both essential packages, however, for me, it's been specifically the stand up shows from the Comeback Special set that have had more spins than any other discs from these boxes.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

Hmm tough question. In the 68 comeback special I like how it was, shall I say, candid or unplugged. Aloha, I just like the way he performed in that one. It's more like a concert experiance. In my book they're tied because they both have good qualities but the one I reach for the most is the Comeback Special because I just love hearing him sing "Trouble".