Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seen them all?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by elvis fan 1976
    I've seen all exept "Tickle Me". Is it good?
    Hmmm hard to say about even one Elvis's movie : it was good...I'd say: you can watch but those movies are not ...very interesting ( euphemism )
    Destination deals the cards we're just playing.

Completed

er...anyway, for those fans that have seen them all - which film completed your viewing of all of them?

NEA.
    Last edited by NEA; 04-29-2006 at 03:53 PM.
    "I oughta break you in half!"...

"If you do, you'll have two very short friends!"

The last in my quest is Charro, cant wait to see that on dvd (at least one that is watchable)

F * * * It!

Quote Originally Posted by michu
    Hmmm hard to say about even one Elvis's movie : it was good...I'd say: you can watch but those movies are not ...very interesting ( euphemism )
    F * * * this, I don't know why I bother with these Forums!
    "I oughta break you in half!"...

"If you do, you'll have two very short friends!"

I have all of Elvis' movies on VSH and have seen them all. I have to agree with everyone that Harum Scarum is the worse of the lot. I didn't care for Easy Come, Easy Go and the only scene I enjoyed in The Trouble With Girls was when he sang (can't remember the title) but he was acting like an evangelist and was fantastic. He reminded me of Marjo Gortner? Elvis would have been scary as an evangelist in my opinion.

I did enjoy his first three movies - even Love Me Tender, and Roustabout, Blue Hawaii and Charro. Other than those, I feel they were a waste of time. I can easily believe he was bored with making these movies.

i enjoyed ,viva las vegas, loving you, it happend at the worlds fair, i have not seen all the movies but i intend to at some point.
    elvislady

i have been an elvis fan for 5 years and I have every single movie and soundtrack including TTWII and EOT!!! I got most of them on ebay!! lol
    Life is beautiful, enjoy every second of it!! And don't forget to love!!

I'd seen all his movies by the time I was six. Fell in complete love when I was five. Elvis was my first crush, along with Steve Yzerman.

I went to my grandparent's house every weekend, and the guy that took care of them used to tape them all from the tv for me. Of course, he recorded them at such a low volume the only thing you could hear was Elvis singing - barely.

I didn't care, though. I'd sit right up to the tv and watch for hours, one movie after another. I just liked looking at him, even at that age.

I've gotten a little more discriminating as I've gotten older (and could actually hear the dialogue!), but his movies were my first exposure to Elvis, so they'll always have a soft spot.

King Creole, Loving You, Jailhouse Rock, Blue Hawaii, G.I. Blues, Flaming Star, and Kid Galahad are some of my favorites. And I actually like The Trouble with Girls, if only for the renditions of "Clean Up Your Own Back Yard" and the gospel song whose name is escaping me at the moment.

For the last several weeks I've been crazily obsessed with watching TTWII. I watch a least one song from it every day, usually just before I leave for school in the mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by sackofnachos View Post
    And I actually like The Trouble with Girls, if only for the renditions of "Clean Up Your Own Back Yard" and the gospel song whose name is escaping me at the moment.

I gotta give you that much , that is a heck of a song , a shining moment in what IMO was otherwise a hard to sit through movie. The guy made 29 movies, I liked 28 so I can't complain too much about the one I didn't when I have so many others I can watch instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    I have seen them all but one. For some reason "The Trouble With Girls" could not hold hold my attention. I do not even know why. Elvis looks terrific in this movie, actually the best he ever looked but it just didn't work for me.

I'm with you on that Leroy. Right down the line, I agree physically he looked well, he sang well. Its the story that killed it for me.

TCB Mafia
    there's 4 of his movies i haven't seen/don't have yet. love the movies

I have seen all the movies and I really enjoy the four 50's films, they were definately the best of his films.
    After the army, my favourites were 'Flaming Star' 'Wild In The Country' 'Charro' and 'Change Of Habit'.
    'Tickle Me' was another of the 'poor script' films, but worth watching for the comedy element... my fave part is when a knife gets thrown at Elvis, misses him and hits the door, Elvis pulls the knife out of the door to use in defense and is standing there ready to use it, not knowing that only the handle is in his hand... the blade is still in the door
    I don't know if anyone else shares my thoughts on that, but I can never think about it without bursting out laughing!! the soundtrack is pretty awesome to, due to the fact that it's full of tracks that were not meant for the movie.
    The worst in my opinion is 'Double Trouble'... terrible! for example: Old Macdonald, need I say more?

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by sackofnachos View Post
    I'd seen all his movies by the time I was six. Fell in complete love when I was five. Elvis was my first crush, along with Steve Yzerman.

I went to my grandparent's house every weekend, and the guy that took care of them used to tape them all from the tv for me. Of course, he recorded them at such a low volume the only thing you could hear was Elvis singing - barely.

I didn't care, though. I'd sit right up to the tv and watch for hours, one movie after another. I just liked looking at him, even at that age.

I've gotten a little more discriminating as I've gotten older (and could actually hear the dialogue!), but his movies were my first exposure to Elvis, so they'll always have a soft spot.

King Creole, Loving You, Jailhouse Rock, Blue Hawaii, G.I. Blues, Flaming Star, and Kid Galahad are some of my favorites. And I actually like The Trouble with Girls, if only for the renditions of "Clean Up Your Own Back Yard" and the gospel song whose name is escaping me at the moment.

For the last several weeks I've been crazily obsessed with watching TTWII. I watch a least one song from it every day, usually just before I leave for school in the mornings.
    sackofnachos, welcome to our forum. Apart from Elvis, I'm also a big fan of Steve Yzerman myself. TTWII is unbelievable, though I'm no fan of some of the fan interviews, his performances from that movie were incredible to say the least! Not sure if you've seen Elvis On Tour yet, but that was excellent as well. It was made in 1972 and though EP doesn't look as great as he did in TTWII, his performances were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Car View Post
    sackofnachos, welcome to our forum. Apart from Elvis, I'm also a big fan of Steve Yzerman myself. TTWII is unbelievable, though I'm no fan of some of the fan interviews, his performances from that movie were incredible to say the least! Not sure if you've seen Elvis On Tour yet, but that was excellent as well. It was made in 1972 and though EP doesn't look as great as he did in TTWII, his performances were great.

Thank you for the welcome, Joe Car!

I do have On Tour and I love that as well, though not as much as TTWII. Probably due to the picture and sound of the DVD of TTWII verses the VHS of On Tour. LOVE the "Bosom of Abraham"/"Lead Me, Guide Me" scene.

As for his EOT looks, Elvis seems really pale under those concert lights! Washed out, almost, and a little more tired. I dunno. I wish they'd put it on DVD. Great performances, for sure!

I used to have the original VHS of TTWII (can't find it anymore). When I was little, I never minded the fan stuff; never really thought about it. I think the "special edition" is great quality, but after lurking around here, knowing how much they left out, it's disappointing. Still, I love it, just to be able to hear everything so well, and see it with such crispness. And I'd never heard "Just Pretend" before; it's become one of my favorite songs, along with his version of "I Can't Stop Loving You".

....All right, enough rambling.

Cadillac King
    I've seen them all many times. I was was way too young for the '50s movies in the theater and I also missed some in the early '60s. But starting with "Follow That Dream" I saw them all on the big screen. Back in the days when going to the movies was an "event".

My favorite film from the movie years of the '60s is Blue Hawaii.

hi folks,
    I own and also have seen all the movies, I have to admit though that there is a few I can really do without and I hardly ever watch most of them, to list my favourites though is easy, they are:

loving you.
    king creole.
    jailhouse rock.
    follow that dream (great comedy).
    stay away joe (great comedy again).
    flaming star.
    charro.
    wild in the country.

The ones I cant stand are:

harum scarum.
    the trouble with girls.
    double trouble.

the remainder are ok and I can take or leave them, depending on the mood i'm in, cheers, rickster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12