Thread: Anita

Cadillac King

Anita

I`m just wondering does Anita Wood participate in Elvis Week?
    She is my favourite lady of Elvis`s life and I would love to meet her.
    Has anyone had the pleasure of meeting her?

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I haven't met her, and I don't think that she participates in Elvis Week, I've never heard of this.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

I haven't met her either, joanne...I think she was on Larry King last year, but I missed it...

franny

I missed her on Larry King live also Franny
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Brad, it might be under Larry King Live transcripts, not the same, but at least we can read what she said? What do you think?

franny

I'll look for that Franny

anita meets larry

Here's that link to the transcript (result #1 on Google):

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...14/lkl.01.html

Jsh.

Thanks so much, Jim...
    I appreciate you saving us the time to look it up...

franny

Backstage Pass
    she is a good woman is anita

Yes, thank you Jim for the transcript, I appreciate it.

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Thanks alot Jim. I missed that on tv and was very glad you posted it. Pretty interesting. Boy, that David is a piece of work isn't he? Anybody here know anything about that movie he is working on? Love the dialogue/banter about the bone cancer theory!
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

International Level ComeBackChick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joanne
    I`m just wondering does Anita Wood participate in Elvis Week?
    She is my favourite lady of Elvis`s life and I would love to meet her.
    Has anyone had the pleasure of meeting her?
    Hi Joanne,
    Why is she your favourite? And what has she been doing "after" Elvis? Cause she pretty much stayed out of the limelight, hasn't she?

Originally Posted by Menwithbrokenhearts
    Thanks alot Jim. I missed that on tv and was very glad you posted it. Pretty interesting. Boy, that David is a piece of work isn't he? Anybody here know anything about that movie he is working on? Love the dialogue/banter about the bone cancer theory!
    The movie is called The Headhunter and it's about David Stanley and his life growing up around Elvis...It's suppose to come out later this year or early 2007...here's a quote below from his interview on EIN...It sounds like it's just to make $$$$$...Sorry...

franny

EIN: What can we expect in The Headhunter?

DS: I must emphasise...The Headhunter is not a film about Elvis' life...it is a film about the David Stanley story. The Headhunter is about my experience on tour with the King and it?s effect on me. One day I was a high school kid, the next I was an adult in a very exciting world. It was my "end of innocence".

The King has a primary role in the story but he is not the central character. Throughout the movie we refer to him as "The King". It is important to realise that those of us who grew up or were around Elvis each have our own "story, how we saw him, related to him.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackChick
    Hi Joanne,
    Why is she your favourite? And what has she been doing "after" Elvis? Cause she pretty much stayed out of the limelight, hasn't she?
    I think they were suited and I admire how she hasn`t sold him out to make a mint.
    She was the woman Gladys wanted him to marry and thats good enough for me.
    I don`t know whether she still lives in Memphis or what her personal situation is although I know that she got married.

Originally Posted by joanne
    I don`t know whether she still lives in Memphis or what her personal situation is although I know that she got married.
    joanne, this is what Anita Wood had to say in the Larry King transcript...It's from last year, but I would guess she's still doing this..

franny

WOOD: I am director of our kindergarten daycare at our church and I also teach in Pittsburgh, Mississippi.