Thread: Tcb Gang - Dvd

Wink Tcb Gang - Dvd

i sat down and watched the new TCB GANG Dvd last night and thought it was one of the best documentaries that i have seen for along time .-
    Its well worth he cash thats spent on it .- Seeing the venue where Elvis played to vast audiencees in Las Vegas .

i was surprised to see - AL Dvron , Sam Thomson , Loranne Parker , Jerry Schlling and the rest of the group that Elvis was contacted get together and speak well of him .-
    I hope that i future that there will be more dvd s like this .

Elvis - Keep The Legend Alive 4 ALWAYS . .

Cadillac King
    I haven`t seen it but it sounds good.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing this with us Karlos it soudns pretty good.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Backstage Pass
    loranne parker is making colonel out to be saint

I have that!
    I received it a few weeks ago, but haven't watched it, yet!
    I did hear it was very good!
    here's the link to an interview with Loanne Parker...
    http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/inte..._parker2.shtml

franny

Backstage Pass
    anyone looking to purchase this dvd. i have them for
    $29.80 for out side the states.
    $22.90 in the states.
    there are people who are selling this dvd for $60.00 bucks.
    i new there would be a mark up . but goodness . thats nuts.
    joe krein
    www.elvis2001.net

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS2001NET
    anyone looking to purchase this dvd. i have them for
    $29.80 for out side the states.
    $22.90 in the states.
    there are people who are selling this dvd for $60.00 bucks.
    i new there would be a mark up . but goodness . thats nuts.
    joe krein
    www.elvis2001.net
    Are the copies you have Original or copies?
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by franny
    I have that!
    I received it a few weeks ago, but haven't watched it, yet!
    I did hear it was very good!
    here's the link to an interview with Loanne Parker...
    http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/inte..._parker2.shtml

franny
    Thanks for the interview Fanny.

Backstage Pass
    sorry i have not been around. the copies are originals. not copies.
    like others are selling
    joe

Ive got this dvd and its a good one.Well worth the money.
    Jak

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Ive got this dvd and its a good one.Well worth the money.
    Jak
    well i dont know what you all been watching, but i fell asleep while watching the DVD. Very boring.....all the same stories, and ms. Parker went way over the top talking about her late husband. My opinion?: dont buy!

Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_ELVISONMYMIND View Post
    well i dont know what you all been watching, but i fell asleep while watching the DVD. Very boring.....all the same stories, and ms. Parker went way over the top talking about her late husband. My opinion?: dont buy!
    i agree with you here ALWAYS_ELVISONMYMIND i bought this dvd months ago and i was waiting for more to happen all the way through it i was disapointed in this dvd.
    elvislady

I should have given more details in my post.This dvd is aimed towards serious fans and collector's.You wont see or hear any Elvis in it.What you get is a dvd that contains people that knew Elvis and they are located in Elvis' Hilton hotel suite and they just tell some of their memories.I thought it was great.Once these people are gone so is all the firsthand info so its nice to get these things on dvd.Al Dvorin had some great stories.I could see casual fans getting bored becuase they dont get Elvis but if you like to hear some stories told by the folks that were there its very nice.
    Jak

I should have given more details in my post.This dvd is aimed towards serious fans and collector's.You wont see or hear any Elvis in it.What you get is a dvd that contains people that knew Elvis and they are located in Elvis' Hilton hotel suite and they just tell some of their memories.I thought it was great.Once these people are gone so is all the firsthand info so its nice to get these things on dvd.Al Dvorin had some great stories.I could see casual fans getting bored becuase they dont get Elvis but if you like to hear some stories told by the folks that were there its very nice.
    Jak

I dug it myself

Jak
    i dont think it has anything to do with beeing a causual fan or serious collectors fan( like myself) The dvd itself is boring, the stories you can all read in various books. the only nice thing is the fact that it is filmed in Elvis? Vegas room, but you only see one spot of it. Why didn?t they go to differend places of the room and told stories that actually took place and the same spot? Would be much better.

i dont think it has anything to do with beeing a causual fan or serious collectors fan( like myself) The dvd itself is boring, the stories you can all read in various books. the only nice thing is the fact that it is filmed in Elvis? Vegas room, but you only see one spot of it. Why didn?t they go to differend places of the room and told stories that actually took place and the same spot? Would be much better.
    Actually it had several stories that were not in books.Had some really great stuff about Parker.For me its more entertaining to watch a group of people like that sit around in a casual manner and just reminise about the things they did rather than to just read it in a book.To each his own.
    Jak

Actually it had several stories that were not in books.Had some really great stuff about Parker.For me its more entertaining to watch a group of people like that sit around in a casual manner and just reminise about the things they did rather than to just read it in a book.To each his own.
    Jak

It really sounds like a good one...I love to watch Elvis... but it is also great to hear stories about him from people who really knew him. It sounds like a real winner to me... sometimes it is more interesting listening to people reminise about someone that they knew than to read it in a book.

(Right now I am reading Colonel Parker .... although I have not gotten to far into it yet... he sure had a colorful life.) Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Quote Originally Posted by Dovey View Post
    It really sounds like a good one...I love to watch Elvis... but it is also great to hear stories about him from people who really knew him. It sounds like a real winner to me... sometimes it is more interesting listening to people reminise about someone that they knew than to read it in a book.

(Right now I am reading Colonel Parker .... although I have not gotten to far into it yet... he sure had a colorful life.) Dovey
    Parker's widow talks quite a bit in the dvd about the colonel.You might find the dvd interesting.Al Dvorin told some stories about him too.Al was killed the day after this dvd was filmed I think.I met him and you couldnt find a nicer more friendly guy.
    Jak

Re: Tcb Gang - Dvd

Ty all for ya comments -
    Sorry I Had to revive this post-Every one on this dvd had some gr8 memories they shared with all fans on this dvd -Some are unheard b4 until then - Really enjoyable ta view -I recommend it to new and old fans alike -
    -Enjoy ya week Y'all -God Bless -
    Last edited by karlos; 03-03-2013 at 12:28 PM.