Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Book From Joe Esposito

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

New Book From Joe Esposito

Hi Everyone:

Just found this on ElvisNews.com and thought I would share it with you all:

According to his web site Joe Esposito is working on a new book entitled "Remember Elvis". From the site: "If you have had your fill with the rumours that evolved into a galaxy of lies over the years, I would like to invite you to take a look at the "Remember Elvis" section and listen to a trailer".

According to Joe's website, the book "...is brimming with rare interviews, insights and experiences, previously unrevealed...until now."

Personally, I think it will be an interesting book to check out....I've always liked Joe's recollections of his years with Elvis and found his DVD "His Best Friend Remembers" very enjoyable.

Just curious to see what other fans think about Joe's upcoming book...

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Hi Jungleroom76,

Thanks, for letting us know about Joe Esposito's new book...
    I'm sure it will be an interesting one...
    I have A Best Friend Remembers, but i haven't gotten around to seeing it...

Also, Joe Esposito has a contest on his website...don't know if any of you have heard about it...It's called the Ultimate Elvis Tour Sweepstakes....here's the link..
    http://www.tcbjoe.com/

franny

I think i'm going to buy this book when it came out.

Joe is a fantastic guy, and i really like his website

Cadillac King
    I know this guy genuinely loved Elvis but like Jerry Schilling he kisses Priscillas *** in order to make money.
    Every dvd he backs her up and says how hard it was for her and the snake even avoided mentioning that Elvis was forced into the marriage on his best friend remembers dvd.
    He went round the subject by saying that Elvis decided it was time to get married.
    I have no respect for him as he should of stayed true to himself.

Originally posted by joanne
    I know this guy genuinely loved Elvis but like Jerry Schilling he kisses Priscillas *** in order to make money.
    I'm not so sure this is always true, not saying it isn't...because I thought it was strange that Joe Esposito was not in EBTP?
    I couldn't believe he wasn't in it...Jerry was the only MM there...

franny

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Thanks for lettin' us know about the book, I'll probably get a copy.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Ok, I just read a synopsis of this book, the sections, the people interviewed and it sounds like an exact transcript of the " The Definitive Elvis - 25th Anniversary" dvd set that came out a few years back then was pulled. Did Joe have anything to do with the production of that? I know he was in it.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Cadillac King
    I feel that we`ve heard enough from Joe now. We`ve had his book, then the homemovies, the definitive elvis, his best friend remembers and now another book.
    There still can`t be anymore to say surely.
    In regards to the priscilla issue although I don`t know the full facts I`m sure that when he made the homemovies video EPE sued him and he was mad at Priscilla quite rightly saying something along the lines of she is a strong woman and shes got a lot stronger in recent years.
    He was hurt that they wouldn`t let him do a video of his friend.
    I think it was resolved but if anyone can help me out on this it would be appreciated. I may not be completely correct but this is what I recall.
    I believe that this is why he aligns himself with Priscilla now as he needs her on side otherwise he can`t do a lot.
    He sings her praises in public although he may not feel the same in private.

I think I?ll get this book to. I like Joe very much.

Just watched his "his best friend remembers" but the dvd was not complete so I don?t know how it ended

I?m still reading "the unmaking of elvis presley" and I like that too although it?s very difficult in english to read

Originally posted by Menwithbrokenhearts Ok, I just read a synopsis of this book, the sections, the people interviewed and it sounds like an exact transcript of the " The Definitive Elvis - 25th Anniversary" dvd set that came out a few years back then was pulled. Did Joe have anything to do with the production of that? I know he was in it.
    Joe Esposito was the Executive Consultant on The Definitive Elvis: 25th Anniversary...

franny

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar

Just received book.

I just received this book in the mail and I have to preface my review of it with a story of sorts.

This thread got me to go look at the website and check out the book, and while I was there I signed up for the "Talk with Joe" fan phone call list. I was initially of the opinion, after reading the synopsis, that is was a transcript of the documentary "The Defininitive Elvis - 25th anniversary edition" A few weeks later I got a call from Joe's sidekick asking me if I would like to talk to Joe. I said "yes" and he asked me a few general questions about Elvis and my being a fan. One of the comments I made, he asked me if he could use it possibly in the book. I said, "Of Course" and then he went on a serious selling spree of the book. I asked him about the documentary and he said"Yeah it's based on that but it's not like it at all. It's so much more. The way it's layed out, the stories, the photos, it's unlike anything you've seen before. It'll blow your mind. And it's a huge book, over 500 pages". After talking to him for a while I was left with two things on my mind: a different impression of the book and that, definately Joe would call. I got my questions ready then I went to the website and ordered the book. I was also told that those who pre- ordered would get a discount. I ordered the book and a window popped up to sign me up for the sweepstakes. I signed up. (Later learned that was the only way to sign up, order the book).

Anyway a while later, never got the call from Joe but I got the charge and it was for a little over $50.00. Did I get that wrong? Oh, well, it's a huge, colorful great book and it will be worth it. I've paid more for a Tunzi book.

Now, I have the book and here's my impression of it. I get the box and right off, I'm dissapointed. It's about the size and weight of the latest Dean Koontz novel I bought through the mail. A little larger, but not by much. I open it and browse through. Cool! my quote is in the back! Not cool, very small black and white, low resolution images/screen captures from the documentary bordering every page next to the excerpt from interviews that fit with that chapter. Layed out like a screenplay, more or less. Lots of typos and grammatical errors. Intermixed are excerpts from the narrarator, clips from Elvis interviews and in the front, a poem by Joe. Fairly nice poem and a bit cheesy at the same time. And it comes in at exactly 450 pages.

I was expecting a big, coffee table type book with wonderful color photos and stories, etc. layed out in a Joe Tunzi type book. It is not that at all.

Now, if you have not seen the documentary it might be great, exept that it feels like what it is, a transcript/screenplay. You're left wanting to watch it because the production, Elvis clips, peoples expressions, etc.. along with the stories, are what keep you riveted. It's good as a companion to the documentary and that's all.

It is not worth $49.99. I expect that Jerry Shilling's book will be leagues better at half the price.

It is self publised by TCB Joe Publications which make me think that maybe this is how it played out. People sign up to talk to Joe (the carrot) a list is made, people are called and asked to be quoted (second carrot) and order the book. Money is brought in to get the book published and as a thank you, the first 100 people or so get their quotes in the book.

It's good as a reference but at this price, buy the documentary on ebay. It's way, way better!
    Last edited by Menwithbrokenhearts; 07-14-2006 at 10:06 PM.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Quote Originally Posted by joanne
    Every dvd he backs her up and says how hard it was for her and the snake even avoided mentioning that Elvis was forced into the marriage on his best friend remembers dvd.
    He went round the subject by saying that Elvis decided it was time to get married.
    I have no respect for him as he should of stayed true to himself.
    I, too, think Joe genuinely cared about Elvis but, I have to agree with joanne here.

There have been so many books about Elvis that I don't know what's true, what's lies, what's white-washed, etc... I'm not saying Joe will tell lies in his book but, that he might not tell the whole story at times to avoid saying something the Presleys won't like.

I wish there could be 1 true book about Elvis. I don't imagine that will ever happen. If it does, will we know it's true?
    ..........................Gayle...........................

"When songs made us start to wiggle our hips.
    It came from a combination of R & B and Soul.
    It was the beginning of a new music.
    They called it "Rock 'n Roll."
    ..................by me

TCB Mafia
    Franny,

I'm not sure but I thinck Joe is no longer befriended with Pris.

Quote Originally Posted by riley
    I'm not sure but I thinck Joe is no longer befriended with Pris.

Riley

Your comment here made me curious. Have you heard something about the two of them?

..................by me

Quote Originally Posted by songs4u

Riley

Your comment here made me curious. Have you heard something about the two of them?

I believe he's done a couple of Projects and fan events that were not approved and that started it, but, he's still in good enough that he appears frequently on Sirius radio which though EPE doens't run, they did give approval for and allow to run on the grounds . Never cared for Joe much though myself. I didn't like the way he handled some fans on Larry King and Geraldo back in the 90s Elvis is alive craze. Sure maybe it was stupid to him, and Sure he's probably answered the question before, but he hadn't answered it that night and thats why he was asked to appear. I don't like jerky answers from celebs or spokes people, they may have heard the questions before but that doesn't mean the people asking have heard the answer. Joe came off short with a couple of the fans once or twice and it annoyed me.

Backstage Pass
    i like joe and i truly believe he deeply loved elvis and still does but like most people in his position he likes the money and so he has to keeep well in with pris and that means not being as truthful as he knows he perhaps should be

i have watched his best friend remembers and although it was o.k. it was nt anything special and basically a re hash of his former video the home movies thing.

we hear the same stories over and over
    it was full of priscilla and elvis photographs and he said elvis decided to marry priscilla it was time and all this
    this guy knows the truth he knows what happened that elvis was pressurised into it but he glossed over that to keep well in with pris

he does however protect elvis s memory a lot when stories come out that are untrue but i wish hed have the balls himself to tell the whole truth

TCB Mafia
    songs4u,

I've sended you a pm.

Riley

i have to agree with joanne and songs4u on this one .i know this thread is a bout the book , but i bought the dvd(the tcb gang the way it was) and i was disapointed in this did anyone else get this dvd. let me know what you thought.
    elvislady
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tcbgangdvd.gif   tcb_ga9.jpg  

I know I'm not up to date like the rest of you on the books, cds, and dvds out about Elvis.

elvislady did you get this from EPE or another source? I've never heard of it.
    Is this sort of a companion to Joe's book? I can't tell by the front cover if Joe is included in the picture

..................by me

TCB Mafia
    Don't buy it it is not worth your money.

I have it too and it is not much really.

Only the viewing of the entrance of his las vegas suite was worth it.

I really wish someday I can have the opportunity to see more pics of that suite.

If anyone can help me, PLEASE contact me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast