Thread: Elvis featured in History channel...

Elvis featured in History channel...

I saw this in the elvis.com site...
    Good luck to those who enter! I can't enter because I live in Canada...
    here's the link for the contest
    http://www.historychannel.com/10days/sweepstakes/

franny

Elvis Featured In History Channel's "10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America" - Enter The Sweepstakes 3/21/2006
    The History Channel world premiere 10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America will debut on April 9th - 13th at 9pm/8c.

10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America is an expansive, 10-part television event produced and directed by Oscar and Emmy award winning filmmakers.

And you can be certain no look at days that unexpectedly changed America would be complete without an episode featuring Elvis.
    There are powerful days that make up the fabric of America's history. Some are big and explosive, while others are understated and unexpected. Their importance is realized later as we recognize how they set our nation on the path to what it is today. 10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America is an exciting and thought-provoking series of films that renews a sense of understanding of and appreciation for the history of our great nation.

In support of these special presentations, The History Channel introduces the 10 Ways to See America Sweepstakes that includes some incredible Elvis-themed prizes. 10 winners plus a guest will have the opportunity to take a 7-day/6-night trip to a place that unexpectedly changed America. Each winner will have their choice of a custom themed trip package to a location in America related to one of the 10 days. Of course one of those choices is a trip to Graceland.

ShopElvis.com has set up a special page where you can see and order the items included in the prize packs.

What aspect of Elvis's incredible life and career will be featured? WATCH 10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America April 9th - 13th at 9pm/8c. Only on The History Channel. Expect the Unexpected.
    Last edited by franny; 03-28-2006 at 07:54 PM.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing this information Franny.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

You're welcome, elvispresleyfan1935!

franny

franny,

This is great news!

Thank you for sharing this wonderful information!

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

hi Tommy,

You're so welcome!
    I'm looking forward to watching this show!

franny

I'm looking forward to watching also. I have put it on my calendar!

Thanks,

Tommy

I gotta remember that date and watch it for sure .
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Here's a friendly reminder to watch the History channel on April 11th...

franny

When America Was Rocked - April 11th at 9PM/8C:

"When Elvis Presley appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show on Sunday, September 9, 1956, America stopped, watched and listened. An astounding 82% of households with televisions tuned in to see the gyrating 21-year-old from Memphis whose defiant musical style was, until then, mostly heard in black night clubs and on late night radio shows. Elvis Presley's appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show was the symbol of a whole new culture involving teenage independence, sexuality, race relations and a new form of music."

Thanks for the date Franny, don't forget tomorrow at 9 on the History Channel .

Just finished watching this program. I liked it, it wasn't great but it was good. They got away from Elvis alot but all and all it was pretty good .

was it on the history channel.i looked for it and coudnt find it

i looked on the uk history channel
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

Smile

Hello all,

Yes, they did get away from Elvis, but just to think that these historian experts picked Elvis for one of the most significant contributions is just GREAT!! He did have a huge impact on music and the history of the world as us Elvis fans know. He will never die that makes me very happy. Even today when you listen to his early recordings, no one NOW or BEFORE sounds like that!

Tommy

I agree with you 100% Tommy, I watched it also and have to admit that is pretty much the way things were when Elvis first started.... he is part of history.... and I am sure he would be very proud of that.

Times were hard back in those days and we need a bright star in our lives and someone to look up to... God send us Elvis!!!! Dovey

___________________ "Happy Easter to everyone!!!!"
    Last edited by Dovey; 01-12-2007 at 04:52 AM.
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Well said Dovey, Elvis is and will always be a big part of history.

I agree with you both Dovey and Tommy...

I'm just happy that they recognized Elvis for being a big part of history and for realizing his importance...It's true nobody else sounds like him and there will never be anyone like him ever again...
    Unfortunately, I didn't see the show, but I did hear about it and hopefully it will be on again...

franny