Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concerts on DVD

kingrobert

Concerts on DVD

Hello everyone im new in here! sorry for my bad english does anyone in here think we will see an entire concert on dvd in the future? i would love to see the 1977 concerts and a 72 concert!

TCB Mafia
    to

i definitely agree. i would love to see more concerts from the 70's on dvd. i don't think it will happen though, but we can only hope

Aloha from Hawaii...rehearsal and main are full concerts.

There are many bootlegs out there too.

I agree though, I would love to see some of the April '72 tour released as full concerts...that would be the ultimate!! One has to think that some of those concerts exist.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    One can only hope that these concerts will be released. Hopefully if they ever release EOT and EIC as dvd boxsets they would probably put the concerts on there that they filmed, kind of like what they did with the '68 Special.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

A couple of bootlegs that contain concerts try to lookout for;
    Elvis Presley Crown Series and the King masters, these are really good .
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

In the "Lost Performances Video", put out in 1990 or 91, Elvis wears a red leather trimmed jumpsuit. In the hours of outtakes for TTWII, was the night he wore that suit filmed start to finish and is it in the outtakes? The songs in on the video from early 90s are really good and the whole show would be nice to have.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    There has been speculation for quite a while now that some type of a "definitive" release of ELVIS ON TOUR material would be made available to the fans...whether this would be a DVD release or a CD release (or both) remains to be seen.

There certainly is enough video footage that was recorded by MGM during the April '72 tour, with LOTS of outtakes and unused footage still in the vaults. Even if complete concerts were not recorded, footage from various concerts could be edited together to give fans a general overview of an Elvis concert from 1972!

Hopefully, we won't have to wait until 2012 (the 40th anniversary of ELVIS ON TOUR) for something to be released...

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elvispresleyfan1935
    A couple of bootlegs that contain concerts try to lookout for;
    Elvis Presley Crown Series and the King masters, these are really good .
    GOOD CALL ELVISPRESLEYFAN1935!!

While not complete concerts, these videos do contain some excellent fan-shot material that I think most Elvis fans would definitely enjoy watching!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Originally Posted by elvispresleyfan1935
    Elvis Presley Crown Series and the King masters, these are really good.
    Yes, thanks so much, elvispresleyfan1935!

franny

I thought I would post this link to Elvis' concerts...
    It has great pictures, reviews and other info on concerts from the 50's -70's...
    http://www.elvisconcerts.com/index.html

franny

That is a very good website Franny.

Coming On Strong
    Have you seen the footage of Rocking In The Garden from Madison Square Garden 1972 and Time Warp with diffrent footage from the audience.

What do you recommend?
    Last edited by sH; 07-01-2006 at 01:13 PM.

I would recommend "Rockin' The Garden". This is a great one to get.

kingrobert
    hey sh91 where can i get timewarp??

Quote Originally Posted by franny
    Yes, thanks so much, elvispresleyfan1935!

franny
    Your Welcome

I have a dvd that has nothing but the 12-31-76 concert on it. The name is "Rockin' On New Year's" It has multiple camera angles shots, the footage is ok, but the best footage I have seen from this show is on the 1976 Crown Series Part 4. It might be because on the Crown Series only used one camera angle but I like it better than the "Rockin' On New Year's" dvd.

A "REAL" Elvis fan would buy them both...!!

I'am going to buy both of them. I don't care about the play lenght. The footage from Madision Square Garden is very rare, and one hours of this is very cool.

I think that many fan clubs are selling Dvd's like "Rocking The Garden" and "Time Warp".

If you already had seen footage from the period that On tour was filmed, don't worry. Madision square garden is very different. Some other songs and of course, it's on Madision Square Garden! A very great highlight in 1972!

Thanks to the man that filmed Elvis there
    Last edited by FlamingStar; 04-04-2006 at 08:52 AM.
    Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend - without a song.'

That's why he still keep singing a song

Coming On Strong
    I think im going to buy Time Warp first. three hours with diffrent footage from concerts in late seventies. The quality on Pittsburgh is very good to be filmed by the audience. Im going to wait with Rocking In The Garden. I think the footage from late seventies are more interesting. But both of the DVDs looks great. Maybe i will find a copy of them both.

It's very expensive where i buy them.
    Last edited by sH; 07-01-2006 at 01:16 PM.
    I have a new song had a new song don't have a new song the song is comming out by me

I don't think so. I can understand why it cost so much for rare live footage.

And if you are a collector, you don't care of money.
    Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend - without a song.'

That's why he still keep singing a song

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast