Thread: Where was Elvis on May 30 1977???

Where was Elvis on May 30 1977???

Does anyone know where Elvis perfomed on May 30 1977?

All my books and references on the internet say he was in Jacksonville Florida. But I've seen more than one auction on ebay selling tickets for Asheville North Carolina on this date.

Thanks.

I have the same information....Jacksonville, Florida...

Cadillac King
    that is true. Elvis was at Jacksonville,Florida for this date. must be a fake ticket, coz the last time Elvis played Asheville was on july 24 1975. he was due to a date on the august 77 tour, but of course......
    sincerely, Scott, a 15 year old Elvis fan

prayers to Jackie my auntie in law, and R.I.P Charlie Hodge, both victims of cancer

Yes, Elvis was in Jacksonville, FLorida on May 30, 1977 for an 8:30 p.m. show.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

I passed this info onto the seller during his auction and he seemed honestly unaware of this. Unfortunately to my knowledge, he didn't make note of this to his buyer and ended up with some pretty good money..."buyer beware". He did email the estate, as did I, and we are both awaiting a response to make absolute 100% sure...although your valuable opinions pretty well confirm my suspicions of this being a fake ticket.

Seems odd that if someone was to counterfeit a ticket, you'd think they would pick a legitimate date and venue!?!

Thanks for the replys.

I went to an permanent antique/ flea market in the area last summer. In a display case they had a copy of Love Me Tender on "Sun label" for $200.00
    the sign said "Ultra Rare on Elvis's first record label" I told one of the clerks
    that this song was not recorded at Sun, and was a fake. She told me she would tell the owner of that case. When I went back a month or so later it was still listed the same way. When I again complained to the clerk she told me the owner said he did not claim it was "recorded at Sun, only that it was ultra rare on Elvis's first label" I told her it was very misleading, but she maintained it was technically true. Buyer beware!

Here is an update to this issue.

Having seen another ebay auction with the same ticket, but different seating, I emailed the seller to inquire as to why this concert was unique...as he had stated in his description.

Here is his reply:

"Hi Jeffrey, In 'Elvis-Day by Day' the following information is given regarding the concert clash:
    'This rare concert ticket was issued for one of Elvis' performances to be held at the Asheville, North Carolina Civic Center Arena on May 30th, 1977.
    The show was later cancelled by promoter, Jerry Weintraub of Concerts West, due to a scheduling conflict. The performance was rescheduled for August 26th, 1977, which never occurred due to Elvis' untimely death.'
    I also have a copy of a letter from Quicktick, the firm who printed the tickets confirming authenticity. The print is embossed as it should be, it is easy to tell genuine tickets from copies. I had this ticket from the US some time ago. Hope this all helps, thanks, Chris"

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emsteph
    Here is an update to this issue.

Having seen another ebay auction with the same ticket, but different seating, I emailed the seller to inquire as to why this concert was unique...as he had stated in his description.

Here is his reply:

"Hi Jeffrey, In 'Elvis-Day by Day' the following information is given regarding the concert clash:
    'This rare concert ticket was issued for one of Elvis' performances to be held at the Asheville, North Carolina Civic Center Arena on May 30th, 1977.
    The show was later cancelled by promoter, Jerry Weintraub of Concerts West, due to a scheduling conflict. The performance was rescheduled for August 26th, 1977, which never occurred due to Elvis' untimely death.'
    Yeah that is correct, it was rescheduled for the 26th in August.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977